• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
I got the survey and left some pretty real feedback. I swear this "upgrade" was a downgrade to whatever logic blueunexpectedisengagement is programmed with.

It drifted out of the lane 2x while engaged with no disengagement. Audible prompts are gone or severely delayed. It couldn't find obvious Lane lines for miles. Speed limit signs wrong 50% of the time compared to the road sign and Google maps.

For the record, I'm in socal, and it's trash on the 55, the 405 that is perfectly paved, the 110 that has been untouched for years, and the 91 between LAX and the 605.

To call these blue cruise mapped highways is blatantly false.

And... I have nothing to base this on, but the very low speed 1 pedal driving is now trash. I mean like creeping out of a full parking lot after a concert speed. The sensitivity in 1 pedal is weird, the brakes feel grabby where I'm not sure they engaged previously. Not sure if this has anything to do with this update, 6.8, 6.5, whatever. Something's different.

I fucking hate not knowing what they change. HATE.

/rant
Sponsored

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
I wish I could get that far. My install made it about 5 minutes and gave an error. Now I am stuck in limbo hoping I get another download.

Sponsored

awilli1010

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 lightning, 22 maverick, old ass Harley.
Occupation
Retired Army, retired Government employee.
I wish I could get that far. My install made it about 5 minutes and gave an error. Now I am stuck in limbo hoping I get another download.
It took about 15 tries for 6.8 to install on my truck. Today, 6.13 installed on the first try. Makes no sense. Do better ford.

jhawkbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
And still no updates for me since June 15, 2023.
I think that means I'm still on version 4.3.x.

My truck is in the shop now for the rear light recall and customer satisfaction programs (adding heated steering wheel, etc). So hopefully I'll get some software updates while it's there.

flypony53

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, Rivian R1S
Now I’ve got a survey from from asking my thoughts on 6.13 :ROFLMAO:

Ford is hilarious, I’m not even sure what I’m supposed to be looking for. I tried BluCruise, it’s the same nothing new :ROFLMAO:
just got the same. Drove to the airport yesterday afternoon for a flight out. Got the update last night and the survey this morning. You would think they would understand to send a survey out after the truck has been driven for a few miles.

Sponsored

Bokenator

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning - Antimatter Blue
Think I will turn auto updates off until Ford gets this worked out. I got 6.8.0, so I finally have battery percentage on non-calm screen; really don't care about improvements to BlueCruise as I don't use it enough to warrant worrying about it. My wife would worry if she came out into the garage and the truck was making that kind of noise.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
Mine failed and says incomplete with no way to restart again, button is grayed out.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Mine failed and says incomplete with no way to restart again, button is grayed out.
Word is that 6.8 was pulled/halted, I don't know this for sure, but if these build on each other and 6.8 was halted, it is likely that 6.13 was as well.

I have 6.13 and haven't found any major bugs, but a few small ones have definitely been introduced. Hoping they are trying to get those fixed before moving forward.

That likely just means BC 1.3 is even further down the road, but if you watch the Mach E threads, they've already moved on to BC 1.4, but who knows what that really means so far.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
Word is that 6.8 was pulled/halted, I don't know this for sure, but if these build on each other and 6.8 was halted, it is likely that 6.13 was as well.

I have 6.13 and haven't found any major bugs, but a few small ones have definitely been introduced. Hoping they are trying to get those fixed before moving forward.

That likely just means BC 1.3 is even further down the road, but if you watch the Mach E threads, they've already moved on to BC 1.4, but who knows what that really means so far.
There are two theories floating around. One is that Ford paused all updates during the holidays since the support teams and the dealers are likely to be closed. Also, I’m sure the tow truck companies charge a premium on holidays. I last failed installing 6.5 on Friday just before 5 and then it gave me the message that it was no longer available so that seems to line up. The second is that there are issues such as the loss of the front motor and they are working to fix those before they continue. Of course, Ford will never provide any information so we just get to speculate.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
Well my screen has become non responsive on the bottom row of quick select buttons, I have to reset and it comes back. Also I have to select sport mode at each start up.
Sponsored

Last edited: