• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Preventing Theft of Your Lightning

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
It would be nice if Ford gave us a PIN to drive feature. Seems like an easy to implement peace of mind for those concerned about possible vehicle theft
Pin to drive is an easy add on and could be optional. The code is likely already developed - and there - similar to Valet mode and the Passcode they let you set up with PAAK to use in case PAAK doesn't work or you lose your phone/dead battery.
Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I added this tailgate lock to my truck today. There have been tailgate thefts in my area, I wasn't too concerned about it, but for $22 now I'm not worried at all. It fit over my OEM Tailgate Dampner piece as well.

https://a.co/d/fQtWk5m

9onmy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2, Ducati MTS 1260, 2023 SR Lightning XLT
Occupation
Housemaker/Veteran
If you’re really that concerned to the point where it requires a separate step the drive the car…just pull fuse 32 every time you get out of the truck.

Guaranteed a car thief isn’t going to sit there and troubleshoot it, then happen to be carrying a spare 20A. Especially true if they found it unlocked. It would spook them to no end.
Are you saying I need carry 20a fuse and a P365? Ugh.
https://www.sigsauer.com/firearms/pistols/p365.html

Last edited:

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MR. PLOW - ER Lariat
+1 to pin to drive as an option. I stick all fobs in a metal box to prevent signal cloning after seeing videos of how quickly it can happen. It's not really a thing over here like it is in Europe, but why not be extra safe is my view.

Shady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150xlt
next we will need to bubble wrap the truck to stop door dings or just weld the garage door shut so nothing bad can happen to it

oh wait its an EV it will catch fire and burn all your stuff to the ground.

DOOM

To me I cant stand all the warning beeps chimes and displays adding a code to run my truck forgetaboutit

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
That's only effective if you manage to catch them in the act which is highly unlikely.
Actually, it's not effective at all. Besides debating whether a human life should be taken over a vehicle, you'd end up in jail for a very long time, even in a state like Texas, if someone tries to steal an unoccupied vehicle from your driveway.

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
That's only effective if you manage to catch them in the act which is highly unlikely.
No kidding - if Ford's Securialert alarm system actually notifies you at that second, it might be useful.

But Securialert is about 12 hours late in notifying you.

Somewhat useless IMO....

Reactions: GDN

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
"Fantastic $90,000 131 kWh backup battery, ya got there!"
A single powerwall unit is 13.5 kWh, so the lightning is roughly 10 units. That's about $80k for the powerwall units. And I can't sit inside those in my garage 🤣

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
A single powerwall unit is 13.5 kWh, so the lightning is roughly 10 units. That's about $80k for the powerwall units. And I can't sit inside those in my garage 🤣
That’s why I decided the buy the Lightning. I needed backup batteries for my solar system.

I decided to go with this over Tesla because I thought it was really cool and innovative of Ford to build a F-150 replica battery case that was fully functional.