• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Density of Lightnings in your area...

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
I’m also in SE PA near Bucks and Montco. Besides my friend who drives a lightning I’ve only seen 3 others. They aren’t that common around me, at least not yet. I wouldn’t mind helping other people out if they were in the area either.
Sponsored

Jimbalf

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
The Lightnings out in the suburbs of Austin seem to have multiplied over night. I don't even drive much but there have been days recently where I've seen 2-3 Lightnings in a short trip in and around Cedar Park. I saw three on Monday just going to grab a Mighty Fine burger and thought that was crazy then went to HEB and another was parked there! Most have temporary tags on them so pretty sure all of those record Lightnings sold in November were purchased here.

I miss being one of the only ones on the road :(
I’m in the Westlake area of Austin and see very few Lightnings. There is one other around my neighborhood, but I only see it once a month maybe. Still pretty sparse, but that doesn’t matter to me.

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I live about 30 minutes outside Pittsburgh and since I got my Lightning back last October, I've maybe seen a total of 10 Lightnings that weren't at a dealership. I've seen a couple work trucks, a Platinum at Walmart (I posted about it previously)
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...-silver-platinum-spotted-in-delmont-pa.16796/

One that seems to frequent a local golf course parking lot in Penn Hills and one that seems to frequent the shopping areas near Monroeville.

I try to wave and use my pedestrian bell to get their attention, but the drivers usually seem totally wrapped up in their own world and consumed by their own life, which is fine.

I have seen maybe five R1Ts and only one R1S in the wild. I have been stopped or gotten looks or stares while driving and a couple of comments/questions at a red light, but still far less attention than I'm used to getting when driving my 79 Continental.
If you have a set of sticks, come play.
I’ve been driving Ford P/U’s for the past 40+ years. My current one is just another truck to be used. Sorry if I don’t notice another pickup tooling down the road. Most of the guys I chase the ball with drive pickups. You would feel at home.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Posted last night in this thread last I've seen about 15 Lightnings.... I've already seen 3 this morning two Lariat's and a Platinum 😂

OP
OP
WhipSticks

WhipSticks

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Scientist
I have noticed an uptick in the last few weeks. I guess those November sales are out on the roads now. I had hoped to be the first in town, but I wasn't even the first at my kid's school! I saw one drop off another kiddo this morning. I waved, and got a friendly wave back from the mom.

Sponsored

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
I'm in St Louis and I've really only seen about 5 lightnings in the last year. I've seen 2 rivians and more tesla cars than I can count.

Maybe we need a Jeep-Duck equivalent.

Ford F-150 Lightning Density of Lightnings in your area... 1702053174684
Ford F-150 Lightning Density of Lightnings in your area... 1702053240672

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
I'm retired so don't do a lot of driving other than usually local (central NH). Had yet to see one until this morning. Driving at about 75 in my wife's car on 295 in Freeport ME, we were passed by a black Lightning like we were standing still. Outside temp was 18 degrees. Clearly a Lightning comrade who doesn't worry about range anxiety, at least this morning.

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette, F150 Lighnting, Mercedes GLC300
Occupation
retired
I live on the east side of Phoenix in Mesa. I've only seen a few, one a duplicate of mine black agate Lariat a red lariat and I think I saw one Pro.

VTRedWingsFan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Escape
Occupation
IT delivery
Which is interesting given the dramatic negative impact of cold temps on range. My brother lives in Vermont and I see more Subaru Outbacks than anything else by far when I visit.
Used to feel like the Outback was the state vehicle. :) I'm in Chittenden county, tripping over Teslas.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I live on the east side of Phoenix in Mesa. I've only seen a few, one a duplicate of mine black agate Lariat a red lariat and I think I saw one Pro.
I was born/raised in Tempe & Mesa area moved out to North Carolina in 2016. How did the Lightnings range hold up in the summer heat out there? I've been wondering how bad it is on it

Sponsored

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
In 2 months of ownership and about 3000 miles driven I’ve only seen 1 other Lightning.

At our home area just south of Tampa, rarely do we see any trucks other than work trucks. Teslas seem to be everywhere.

At our rural cabin in horse and cattle country trucks comprise about 75% of vehicles on the road. I’ve never seen another Lightning there and very rarely see any EV. It’s a very “Red Leaning” political area with bumper stickers to announce their political leanings. Lots of EV and Tesla haters there.

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette, F150 Lighnting, Mercedes GLC300
Occupation
retired
I was born/raised in Tempe & Mesa area moved out to North Carolina in 2016. How did the Lightnings range hold up in the summer heat out there? I've been wondering how bad it is on it
I bought mine in July. if I remember correctly, charged to 90 and did a loop up 87, across Roosevelt lake down 60 back home got there with 20-25 percent, just over 200 miles. Air was on @73 ambient temp was 115, did the speed limit so no faster than 65. I think Kw/M was 2.2 over the trip.

I’ve seen more Rivians than Lightnings and like others have said, Teslas are everywhere.

novosilicon

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER
Just did 3000 miles roundtrip TX-FL-NC-TX, 23 charging session and saw only two F150 Lightning on EA charging stations, one XLT and one Pro.

But in general see one new lightning every week in Houston area.

Ford F-150 Lightning Density of Lightnings in your area... 1000000972