• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Density of Lightnings in your area...

Dan's Lightning

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range
How is the public charging infrastructure on the island?
Good! and always improving.
If you're talking level 3 DC (direct current) fast charging there is Tesla, BC Hydro, Electrify Canada,
In Victoria, Nanaimo, Courtenay,
Between all that there are level 2 stations. Then the gas stations fast Chargers, Chevron On the run have 150 fast Chargers, in Victoria, Duncan, Nanoose Bay, Nanaimo, Courtenay, Petro Canada stations have them to.

99% of my charging here is done at home though. I only had the lightning for 2 months and it's my first EV so I'm still learning things.
I've been up Island five times twice to Parksville twice in Nanaimo where I didn't have to charge I had enough to get home, however I did hit some fast Chargers to try for my first time, The Chevron gas station on the run fast Chargers I was pulling 116kw, in. 14 min. I went from 60% to 80%. I finished changing my boots and cleaned up the dog and I was at 80% and I hit the road... another trip to the Nanaimo stopped at electrified Canada in Nanaimo for 10 min. Just to try it...
Longest trip I did so far was 3 hours up to Courtney, arrived with 175km range remaining. Did a fast charge at the Chevron there to about 75%. Then at the new Holiday Inn Express they had tons of level 2 Chargers, the entire back of the building parking is all Chargers, overnight I charged up to 100%. Next day drove back to Victoria. Did a weekend trip to the mainland Vancouver (our big sister city) There to chargers every where... where I was staying in North Burnaby just down the block at the mall there's a BC Hydro direct fast charger. I didn't need it,
Made the trip to Vancouver drove around Vancouver for the weekend and then back home to Victoria..
Charged at home after. Though One night at the Vancouver house plugged into the 120v house plug using my level one portable charger for fun and to try out... Put in 60 km of range from that...
Overall good infrastructure and improving.
Level 3 charges I can see we will need alot more of going forward into the future...

Ford F-150 Lightning Density of Lightnings in your area... Screenshot_20231214_083432_Maps
Sponsored

Last edited:

RichB-HTX

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
I live in a city surrounded by Houston, Texas. Our population is about 15,000. It’s a very dense residential neighborhood near Rice zu iversity and the Texas Medical Center. We have tons of Teslas. I’ve also seen a handful of other non-Tesla high end EVs. There is another Lightning a few blocks from me, he got his very early. There is at least one other I know of. I have not seen any but mine at my local Home Depot. I have seen others driving around Houston. I saw a test Cybertruck out in Brenham while coming home from our ranch before the launch. Here’s mine charging at our ranch which is a hundred miles towards Austin. We have a Juicebox there and at our house. They work great. I have an XLT with the standard range battery so at highway speeds I’d be risking it trying to make the round trip without charging, hence the Juicebox in the country. We have two Tesla Super Barger locations on our ranch route which will be nice to have access to sometime next here, especially for road-trips to Austin. There is a nice DC charger I’ve used twice on an alternate route we can take to/from the ranch or to;from Austin or San Antonio. I ran into two Lightning’s there, one on each time I used it.

Ford F-150 Lightning Density of Lightnings in your area... IMG_7951

Ford F-150 Lightning Density of Lightnings in your area... IMG_7950

Ford F-150 Lightning Density of Lightnings in your area... IMG_7952

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
My truck is slumbering until mid-April. I've now been in Sarasota for over a month, on the road almost every day. Haven't seen a lightning yet.

Jseis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
July 2021 SR MME, July 2023, Lightning Lariat
1 Lightning per 333 square miles of county area. 3 total.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
I’m aware of one other in the county with a population of ~10k.

So pretty much rare as hen’s teeth.

Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Lightning sightings are up in my area. One drove by my house today, I see them on the road now too. Also, 2024 I've seen a rivian finally. There was a CT sighting last week allegedly. Teslas cars are commonplace now. Saw a polestar last week too, Id.4's, ioniq 5, a couple of other small kia/Hyundai cars, Mach e's. Gas is just so expensive here that it really makes sense, even in the winter.

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 ER Lariat +PRB +Unleashed, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
They are absolutely everywhere around me here, all of a sudden.

markmore

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Cybersecurity Consultant
Dropping the daughter off at school this morning. A long 1.5 mile trip, I followed or was followed by a total of four other Lightnings.

Question: Do you acknowledge other Lightning drivers, a la the Jeep wave or a head nod?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Dropping the daughter off at school this morning. A long 1.5 mile trip, I followed or was followed by a total of four other Lightnings.

Question: Do you acknowledge other Lightning drivers, a la the Jeep wave or a head nod?
Quickly roll the window down and throw down a two finger biker acknowledgment.
Sponsored