• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Priority Update: 24-PU0105-CMR-FX. Driver Monitoring System

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Very sad - if they would just push the SW and make it work we'd all be up and going again.
There must have been only a handful of us that received 6.13 that it doesn't even required a TSB.

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
I had 6.13 installed back in december and haven't had issues with BC. I also have not gotten this update but have gotten everything else so far except the CBC-ODP powertrain one as well. But i did have the 12v BMS replaced and updated at the dealer.

Biggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
So did this update stop going out completely?

Reactions: GDN

Willebrew

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Pre-Order | Lightning Lariat ER Owner
Occupation
Software Developer & CEO - ADAS research and development for fun
There must have been only a handful of us that received 6.13 that it doesn't even required a TSB.
I also received 6.13 in December without any issues. I hope Ford figures this out soon, I'm looking forward to testing BC 1.4.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I also received 6.13 in December without any issues. I hope Ford figures this out soon, I'm looking forward to testing BC 1.4.
Any improvements to Blue Cruise that you noticed?

Willebrew

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Any improvements to Blue Cruise that you noticed?
Since 6.13 only made changes to the Driver Monitoring system, it hasn't changed the way BC drives. In terms of eye tracking, it has always been super accurate, and I haven't noticed much of a difference other than it might be slightly more accurate.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Since 6.13 only made changes to the Driver Monitoring system, it hasn't changed the way BC drives. In terms of eye tracking, it has always been super accurate, and I haven't noticed much of a difference other than it might be slightly more accurate.
Im glad it worked out for you. It very strange that some Lightnings didn't break while others are completely useless if you want to use Blue Cruise.

The other thing is, I didn't think I'd miss Blue Cruise as much as I do.

Sponsored

Willebrew

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Im glad it worked out for you. It very strange that some Lightnings didn't break while others are completely useless if you want to use Blue Cruise.

The other thing is, I didn't think I'd miss Blue Cruise as much as I do.
It's unfortunate that BC isn't working for you, BC really does make driving better. For me, BC already drives very well, especially for a first attempt. It's pretty stable and handles many situations well. I like to push it in situations it wasn't designed for to see how it does, and it drives very well on the highway in hands-free mode, or off the highway in hands-on mode. I really hope Ford figures out these issues soon, I really want to push 1.4 to the limits.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Out of frustration I called the Ford BEV line to find out what was going on.

Apparently this update attempted to download yesterday but failed again.

The CS Rep said if the truck was charging then that's the reason it failed. Told me it will attempt again within the next two weeks and I should see a notification 24 hours prior to it attempting (this has never happened).

I asked about taking it to the dealer and told them the TSB does not mention the Lightning. The CS Rep said the dealer should be able to take care of this.

Im not sure how much of this is true or pure BS, the truck was sitting outside not charging yesterday. The only thing that I can think of is the lights were set to Auto and not off. I have now set them to off, which is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard of.

I think I am at the end of my ownership with the Lightning. I've said many times that this is a great EV without the software but when the software is taking features away from the truck then it becomes an issue. I hope Ford gets it together in the future.

Biggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Out of frustration I called the Ford BEV line to find out what was going on.

Apparently this update attempted to download yesterday but failed again.

The CS Rep said if the truck was charging then that's the reason it failed. Told me it will attempt again within the next two weeks and I should see a notification 24 hours prior to it attempting (this has never happened).

I asked about taking it to the dealer and told them the TSB does not mention the Lightning. The CS Rep said the dealer should be able to take care of this.

Im not sure how much of this is true or pure BS, the truck was sitting outside not charging yesterday. The only thing that I can think of is the lights were set to Auto and not off. I have now set them to off, which is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard of.

I think I am at the end of my ownership with the Lightning. I've said many times that this is a great EV without the software but when the software is taking features away from the truck then it becomes an issue. I hope Ford gets it together in the future.
I share your frustration. I love this truck, but the software is a big weakness if they want to compete. There’s nothing worse than having an important feature broken by a software update, and hearing nothing but crickets for month after month.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
There may be good news for this release soon. The Mach-E's started getting 6.14 today. I'm hoping that means we'll start to get the CMR-FX in preparation for that.

6.14 brings a new APIM version and the new icons at the top of the screen. No talk of BC fix.