• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Priority Update - 24-PU0119-DC-CHG4 [Tesla Supercharger Network]

MrH42

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER, 2023 Subaru BRZ
Just got this update pushed today. I think this is 3 weeks now of getting an update on Thursday, and had a few more sprinkled in on off days too.
I’m guessing most everyone will at least have this update by the time the physical adapters start shipping.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Just got this update pushed today. I think this is 3 weeks now of getting an update on Thursday, and had a few more sprinkled in on off days too.
I’m guessing most everyone will at least have this update by the time the physical adapters start shipping.
Except, uhhh, it's Wednesday, even in OH. :).

fvineyard

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER, 2023 Hyundai IONIQ 5
Occupation
IT Manager
I also got this update on Wednesday.

For some reason Tesla chargers two miles away do not show up in the truck (nor any other Tesla chargers) that do show in the Ford Pass app. I guess I need to look for a setting in the truck to make those show up. Not in a big hurry to chase this down since the adapter is not coming until May. I have time :)

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I also got this update on Wednesday.

For some reason Tesla chargers two miles away do not show up in the truck (nor any other Tesla chargers) that do show in the Ford Pass app. I guess I need to look for a setting in the truck to make those show up. Not in a big hurry to chase this down since the adapter is not coming until May. I have time :)
Converted V3 stations should show in the Charge Assist app on the home screen, you will not find them on the Ford Navigation System {charging} until another update comes out later this year.

fvineyard

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
Converted V3 stations should show in the Charge Assist app on the home screen, you will not find them on the Ford Navigation System {charging} until another update comes out later this year.
That could be it. This is a new gas station that just opened about six months ago. I assumed they would have the newer version of Tesla chargers installed, but that is an assumption.

I am glad to have the update though.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
This is an interesting tidbit. The one station I used when driving a Tesla and would likely use in the future was a v2 station that was expanded and updated to v3. It doesn't show. Interesting these are unique and all excluded until a later time.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
That could be it. This is a new gas station that just opened about six months ago. I assumed they would have the newer version of Tesla chargers installed, but that is an assumption.

I am glad to have the update though.
I should have expanded on my use of the term CONVERTED, ie. they have the hardware/firmware updates to communicate with NON TESLA NACS adapter BEV's

The third party agreements Tesla entered in with other manufacturers is so recent that the original site & hardware plans for recent and pending new stations might not have been prepared yet to receive us even if they are so new.

fvineyard

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
I should have expanded on my use of the term CONVERTED, ie. they have the hardware/firmware updates to communicate with NON TESLA NACS adapter BEV's

The third party agreements Tesla entered in with other manufacturers is so recent that the original site & hardware plans for recent and pending new stations might not have been prepared yet to receive us even if they are so new.
Makes sense. I just thought with them showing in the Ford Pass app as available with an adapter that I must be missing a filter or setting in my truck.

Sponsored

Daragh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
Classic Ford...they send the Tesla SuperCharger OTA update to my truck which is great but my truck still doesn't have Charge Assist / Public Charging App and routing does not select any of the available superchargers instead selects EA, Shell and EvGo.

I am convinced Ford have a Dept. solely dedicated to seeing how best to frustrate customers/users in relation to their software in general but more specifically OTA updates.

Personally I believe Ford is hedging their bets and trying to minimize a mass software disaster by only releasing updates in what appears to be random batches, aka public beta testing, even though they won't call it that! Granted they are not a true software company but if their primary products are heavily dependent on software and firmware such as their EV's they need to seriously up their game in this Dept.

The market has moved passed the ohhhh shiny new EV truck honeymoon phase (as happened in smart phone industry about 5+ years back) now products are judged on software and firmware performance and these alone may well define overall customer satisfaction in the months and years ahead.

OTA Updates aside, I still think the Lightning is by far the best EV truck on the market!

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
"I am convinced Ford have a Dept. solely dedicated to seeing how best to frustrate customers/users in relation to their software in general but more specifically OTA updates."

They do ... it is called Software OTA Update Customer Frustration Department ... and they don't have a telephone number or email address. 😂

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
They do ... it is called Software OTA Update Customer Frustration Department ... and they don't have a telephone number or email address. 😂
But you do have a direct line to them via the FEEDBACK function in Sync, you can give them a verbal piece of your mind.

sfringer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I got notified of this update pulling into the parking lot at Home Depot earlier today. Applied it when I got home without issue.
This makes my 6th update; each on a Thursday .
Sponsored