• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pro-Trailer Stickers - Did Your Truck Come With Them?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I got nothing, no stickers, or modules.

When I called Ford they didn’t seem to have a clue of what I was even talking about, and my dealer didn’t know either.

Frustrating, as I’ve done a fair bit of towing and was looking forward to using this feature. When I have the time I will need to drive back to the dealership and hopefully find someone who can help me figure it out.
Ask to look at the documentation packet of any of the other trucks on their lot that has pro trailer backup assist, maybe they could lend you a packet and reorder a set for the other truck.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Galaxidan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
30 Model A,
I got the stickers with mine. Haven't used them. Looks like a bunch of extra work to help do something I've been doing for years...... Backing a trailer up.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
I may be able to give a little info, I have a 21 ICE. When the 2021s Job 1 shipped (first half of 21) they came with the module. It was supposed to replace the stickers. Due to the chip shortages Job 2 (2nd half of 21) started shipping with the stickers and there was an update that allow all the trucks to use the stickers as well. My 21 came with the stickers, but when I asked the dealer about the module they gave me one at the time. Either will work.

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
My Lariat came with 6 stickers. I wasted 3 trying to Calibrate trailers. To find out it was a error with the truck they had to clear. I asked them to order me replacement stickers. I thought it'd be 6 new stickers. When the order came in it was 1 sticker priced at $16.
Lesson learned don't order stickers from Ford. I thought they would comp the stickers. I didn't complain, they might have if I'd complained.

Sponsored

Shady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150xlt
I have not tried it but you can just paint the pattern on the trailer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick, mustang
My Lariat came with 6 stickers. I wasted 3 trying to Calibrate trailers. To find out it was a error with the truck they had to clear. I asked them to order me replacement stickers. I thought it'd be 6 new stickers. When the order came in it was 1 sticker priced at $16.
Lesson learned don't order stickers from Ford. I thought they would comp the stickers. I didn't complain, they might have if I'd complained.
@jerock Any info on what they cleared? I can’t get mine to work. It stays stuck in “drive straight/calibrating” forever. Dealer says they have no idea.

thanks!

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
They didn’t say but my truck goes in tomorrow for service so I’ll see if they have it in there records.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
my Stickers came in one of the 'packs' in the glove box, although there was certainly nothing glaring to tell you that they would be in the back of that pack, or where to look for them, or basically anything... (at first, I thought I was getting the 'module' version where stickers are not used, which is why I could not find them)...

and, reality is, I don't really use the Pro Trailer backup technology anyway - I've been backing up trailers for many years... I don't know that the 'wheel' was any easier to use, or maybe even MORE confusing, at least for those of us already used to turning the steering wheel the 'opposite' way...

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
I have found the the pro backup feature to be very useful. I have towed trailers off and on for a lot of years, but never the less the wheel has been easier and fun to use.

Sponsored

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
@jerock Any info on what they cleared? I can’t get mine to work. It stays stuck in “drive straight/calibrating” forever. Dealer says they have no idea.

thanks!
They didn't have record of the error codes. The record showed they cleared a number of error codes & then were able to calibrate.
I tried countless times trying to get it to calibrate having the same problem you are having & never could get it to take. After they cleared the codes it's work pretty flawless. I had never received any errors. If there's been any error codes they should easily be able to see them for your vehicle.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick, mustang
They didn't have record of the error codes. The record showed they cleared a number of error codes & then were able to calibrate.
I tried countless times trying to get it to calibrate having the same problem you are having & never could get it to take. After they cleared the codes it's work pretty flawless. I had never received any errors. If there's been any error codes they should easily be able to see them for your vehicle.
Thanks. I’ll try to take it back in and see what they say again.

Madasahatter1138

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit
Occupation
Electronics Tech
I got three stickers. My trailer tongue is short and didnt have a good flat spot to stick it so i cut a peice of 2" wide aluminum to length, drilled and countersunk for stainless screws and attached it at about the 14" mark from ball center (after confirming the camera could see it there).
Took it for a drive as per instructions in the manual at an empty lot, and it calibrated on the third try after I learned how to keep my turns tighter!
I spent an hour learning how to use the dial, and must say I found it pretty nifty, but slow, and will likely use only backup assist camera and the good old over the shoulder method. I was able to put the trailer in a car spot with the dial though by the end.
Ford F-150 Lightning Pro-Trailer Stickers - Did Your Truck Come With Them? 20230725_075804
Ford F-150 Lightning Pro-Trailer Stickers - Did Your Truck Come With Them? 20230723_085847

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Thanks. I’ll try to take it back in and see what they say again.
I don't know if it helped but my problem was noticed by Ford on here & they made a problem ticket up for the local dealer to work with.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick, mustang
I’d love if Ford noticed. First dealer I took it to who I bought it from had no idea and actually tried to tell me that my model didn’t use the stickers but needed the module and 11 pin connector. They didn’t really know the feature, how it calibrates or which models used sticker vs module. Pretty poor for a service department. Nor did they solve the problem of course. They told me they had recalibrated the sensors. So I remounted the sticker on a piece of wood so I could test different locations on the trailer tongue, all in camera sight, and between 8-14 inches. If the system does not detect a sticker it won’t even start calibrating so that is not the issue. After another hour of “drive straight/calibrating” failures I went to Ford support chat. They asked me to take it to another dealer an hour away. As best I can tell they want me to waste more time and have two dealers say they have no idea before really digging into it. Very frustrating on such an expensive new vehicle.
Sponsored