• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Question about Order build deletions for 2023 Lightings as of 11/15/22

ldavenci

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Design
I have a questions and wanted to see if others were experiencing the same.

As I ordered my Lighting yesterday at about 8pm, I noticed on my order information that Ford posted this within my interior choices:

• B&O Sound System with HD Radio™
  • SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link
  • Ford Co-Pilot360™ Active 2.0 - Lariat
  • Color-Coordinated Carpet w/Carpeted Floor Mats
  • 10-way Power Driver Seat and Multi-Adjustable Power Front Passenger Seat
  • Advanced Security Pack Inclination / Intrusion Sensor Removal
  • Black / Medium Dark Slate
  • SYNC® 4
  • Connected Built-In Navigation
  • Leather-Trimmed 10-Way Power Driver with Memory, Multi-Adjustable Power Front Passenger
  • Wireless Charging Pad

It was the only item showing as a 'removal', so I didn't trip on it and figured my dealer can help me understand it better tomorrow as I had for complete the order online anyway, so I did.

Next day my sales person called me and saw that I did complete my order but that he had some bad news in which not only was the 'Advanced Security Pack Inclination/Intrusion Sensor'. Not going to be built with the vehicle if I wanted it in this build cycle, but that also my 'Heated Steering Wheel' was also going to be removed. He mention is was a part of on of the packaged and that I would receive $190 off the price as the vehicle sticker. Again not happy about this but wasn't going to lose my deal as I waited 18 months to order so let's not stop the show.

OK fast forward to tonight as I'm looking at the adjusted cost from my sales guy and this is want I get:

Ford F-150 Lightning Question about Order build deletions for 2023 Lightings as of 11/15/22 Screenshot 2022-11-16 at 11.25.11 PM

Not showing my entire order but focusing on the trippy part. I'm sorry, but am I reading this correctly? Are they also deleting the highly advertised 'Onboard Scale/Smart hitch'? I know there are supply chain issues but it does make you rethink after swallowing the $8500 price hike because of part cost inflation, now they are stripping our coming vehicles of key functionality...because of the parts we just accepted the price hike on aren't even coming in.

Am I being too whiny?
Sponsored

shadycoh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
Life is short choose to buy the Truck or don't buy it based on how important you think the missing items are to you.

To some its a deal buster to others its a MEH.

the cost is the cost as set by ford and the dealership.

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
I just placed my order yesterday. My configuration is already showing the onboard scales/smart hitch removal but not the heated steering wheel removal. I know from past experience some options can be purchased and installed later but I’m not sure that’s possible with these options.

I guess we just have to decide if we are willing to take the truck they give us and hope we can install the options later or if loss of these options is really a deal breaker.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
they are stripping our coming vehicles of key functionality...
It's not like Ford is gleefully de-contenting their trucks. Ford has a choice to suspend production or suspend some of the features it doesn't have the parts to build. The production line will win every time, even if it means filling up parking lots with brand new trucks missing critical components.

The buyer has a choice to take a truck missing features or waiting for the truck they want, which could mean a very long wait. It's a tough decision.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Tilting headrests also gone.

Sponsored
OP
OP

ldavenci

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Design
I just placed my order yesterday. My configuration is already showing the onboard scales/smart hitch removal but not the heated steering wheel removal. I know from past experience some options can be purchased and installed later but I’m not sure that’s possible with these options.

I guess we just have to decide if we are willing to take the truck they give us and hope we can install the options later or if loss of these options is really a deal breaker.
What you are saying is true. But you have to admit in the ever-increasing price it is harder to swallow the reduction of parts that for me, makes the vehicle attractive. I could by and ICE version with the features for less, but was trying to go electric. Still getting it but I know winter is upon us and cold steering wheels are not fun...lol

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
What you are saying is true. But you have to admit in the ever-increasing price it is harder to swallow the reduction of parts that for me, makes the vehicle attractive. I could by and ICE version with the features for less, but was trying to go electric. Still getting it but I know winter is upon us and cold steering wheels are not fun...lol
What ICE vehicles has them? Heated steering wheel and security maybe, but I would bet any F-150 is having them deleted at this point. I don't know any other truck that has the scales feature.

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I don't think Lightning Lariat models came with tilting headrests in any of the order configurations.
Correct - I would love to get them as a parts option for my Lariat.

Hate my fixed headrests....

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
[I just posted this on another thread but more appropriate here.]
Did they also delete the heated mirrors on the '23 Lariat? I just compared my '22 window sticker to one that is currently at the dealer. Besides heated steering wheel, the heated mirrors are also missing:

My 2022 (09/09/22 Blend date):
Ford F-150 Lightning Question about Order build deletions for 2023 Lightings as of 11/15/22 1668700414626-

2023 (10/20/22 Blend date)(http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FT6W1EV9PWG01238)
Ford F-150 Lightning Question about Order build deletions for 2023 Lightings as of 11/15/22 1668700468516-

Also curious why the '23 doesn't say power fold, just foldable, That's the same language as a XLT I think.

badger_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat / 2021 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Network Engineer
Not showing my entire order but focusing on the trippy part. I'm sorry, but am I reading this correctly? Are they also deleting the highly advertised 'Onboard Scale/Smart hitch'?
They started the Onboard Scale/Smart Hitch delete a while ago. A lot of the mid/later MY2022 builds lost those particular features. I definitely understand your concern and don't think you're being whiny in that regard, especially after they bragged how the scales would be part of the range guesstimation.

OP
OP

ldavenci

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Design
They started the Onboard Scale/Smart Hitch delete a while ago. A lot of the mid/later MY2022 builds lost those particular features. I definitely understand your concern and don't think you're being whiny in that regard, especially after they bragged how the scales would be part of the range guesstimation.
Yeah. I hadn't been following up on the dev. process as It seemed like an impossible journey. But at least I know it's been gone for a while.

Pdxguy

First Name
La
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E FE, Toyota Tacoma, Audi
New person here so apologies if I'm not posting this in the right place. Thanks for all the great info on the forum. Haven't seen this info (below), so thought I'd share. I reached out to my dealer on the heated steering wheel issue, and after some back and forth he sent me this acknowledgement letter which says the heated steering wheel will be activated at a later date.

2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Subject: Product Offering Change to your 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning

Dear Valued F-150 Lightning Customer: So that we can produce your vehicle more quickly, Ford will be making the following changes to the 2023 F-150 Lightning. Due to the global semiconductor shortage and supply chain constraints, your 2023 F-150 Lightning is not equipped with the feature(s) checked below, as they are not currently available.

We know this is not ideal and not the experience we aim for as a brand. But we also know that getting a new vehicle is an important and exciting time, so we are doing everything we can to help deliver on that, despite these global challenges. Thank you for your understanding & continued support.

For each checked feature below, the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of your vehicle has been reduced by the amount indicated, and your vehicle will not be retrofit. This adjustment will be reflected on your window label.

 Onboard Scales with Smart Hitch Removal o On-board Scales measure and display the approximate weight of the payload in the truck. o Smart Hitch measures the tongue weight of a trailer being connected, to help the customer distribute trailer weight correctly. o Due to this inconvenience, the MSRP of your vehicle has been reduced by $650.

 Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® (Driver and Passenger) Removal o This feature delivers a seat back and bottom massage. o Due to this inconvenience, the MSRP of your vehicle has been reduced by $300.

 20” Wheel All-Season Tire Removal o 20” All-Season tires have been replaced by 275/60R20 BSW All-Terrain tires on this vehicle. o All-Terrain tires improve traction on off-road surfaces like loose gravel, sand, and rocks as well as wet, snowy, and icy surfaces. They will also have a small impact on the range, max payload and towing capacity of your vehicle, but as always, actual results depend on how you use your vehicle and the other options and accessories you’ve selected. The max payload and towing capacity specific to your vehicle will be listed on your vehicle’s doorjamb. o The MSRP of affected vehicles is not impacted.

 Advanced Security Pack Inclination / Intrusion Sensor Removal o This feature provides vehicle inclination / intrusion sensors which when activated, trigger the vehicle alarm. The truck remains equipped with Perimeter Alarm and SecuriLock® Passive Anti-Theft System. o Due to this inconvenience, the MSRP of your vehicle has been reduced by $50.

Each of the optional items checked below have been removed from your vehicle, and you will not be charged for these items.

 Max Recline Seats Removal o This optional feature provides seats that fold flat to nearly 180 degrees. o There will be no charge for this optional feature.

Your vehicle will be retrofit with the following checked features when the features become available. The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) has been reduced by the amount indicated. This MSRP adjustment will be reflected on your window label.

 Heated Steering Wheel Functionality Removal o This feature provides heat to the steering wheel. o Due to this inconvenience, the MSRP of your vehicle has been reduced by $50 o We are currently projecting that this feature will be available late 2023. However, due to global supply constraints, further delays to this timing could occur. o When the Heated Steering Wheel functionality becomes available your dealer will install it on your vehicle at no cost to you.

Your dealership will contact you to arrange a time for this installation that is convenient for you. Please know that we value you as a customer and appreciate your understanding as we navigate through these constantly changing times together. Acknowledgment By providing my signature below, I understand and agree as follows:

• This vehicle is not equipped with the above checked feature(s), and this will not constitute a defect with respect to my vehicle. Unless otherwise noted above, the vehicle will not be retrofit with these features.

• Heated Steering Wheel Functionality is projected to be available late 2023, however due to the global semiconductor chip shortage and supply chain constraints, this timing could be extended; and • I will be contacted when Heated Steering Wheel Functionality is available, and my dealer will install Heated Steering Wheel Functionality at no additional cost to me. ____________________ _____ Customer Signature Date
Sponsored