• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Recourse for Additional Dealer Markup (ADM) added AFTER ORDERING AT MSRP?

OP
OP

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
particularly when a customer has a signed agreement on what the purchase price was supposed to be.
Unfortunately there is no written agreement. The order appeared to be an agreement.
Sponsored

OP
OP

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
If you do not take delivery of the vehicle do not respond to any emails received from the dealer giving that dealer a phony excuse as to why you didn't take delivery. They tried to rip you off and Ford needs to know that.
he has asked me three times in emails with leading questions if I want to cancel my order. His best case scenario is if I do not except the vehicle.

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
Unfortunately there is no written agreement. The order appeared to be an agreement.
Ford intended the online order document to be part of your evidence as to what the price was when you placed your order. I trust that you have copies of it.

I have printed out every copy of everything along the way. Order documents, emails, texts, etc. I got my dealer to sign or initial any documents I could (even though they weren't official documents along the way. Those are all stored in my fire resistant safe just as back up documentation. I really don't have concerns about my dealer but better safe than sorry.

OP
OP

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
I am planning a garage and charger install for this. Yet they can screw you over.
Same here. This is how I got him to quote me a markup price. He didnā€™t want to do it yet. I told him in an email that I needed to enter into some sort of binding agreement on the price before I did any more research or spent any money building out my garage for the truck. Recommend you do the same. This will force the issue.

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
he has asked me three times in emails with leading questions if I want to cancel my order. His best case scenario is if I do not except the vehicle.
Continue with the full intention that you will be buying the vehicle. Do not give him any outs. Do not give any indication of the price you will agree to other than MSRP.

Ford has some other restrictions on the dealer selling a retail order including time restrictions. Unless you die before the vehicle arrives, the dealer cannot immediately sell it to another customer they have to go through a bunch of paperwork with Ford first.

Sponsored
OP
OP

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
$5K ADM isn't that bad when you consider a MY'23 will be at least that much more...
Umm...I think $86,000 is too much for a truck that retails at $81,000. Especially when there is a dealer 3 miles away that was ready to put in writing that they would sell it for MSRP. That kind of sets the market.

Just curious, do you sell cars for a living?

13_F150

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Platinum, 2020 Volvo XC60
I thought autonation was home of no adm, but home of bs addendums

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Umm...I think $86,000 is too much for a truck that retails at $81,000. Especially when there is a dealer 3 miles away that was ready to put in writing that they would sell it for MSRP. That kind of sets the market.

Just curious, do you sell cars for a living?
No I don't sell cars for a living, but just giving you a different point of view.

What you think is fair should be your decision.

If you rather cancel your order and wait for a MY'23, you can expect to pay that much more (cost increases) plus a chance at losing the $7500 tax credit.

The going rate for a privately owned Lightning just sold for $20,000 over MSRP so that tells you the market is hot for a MY'22.

OP
OP

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
No I don't sell cars for a living, but just giving you a different point of view.

What you think is fair should be your decision.

If you rather cancel your order and wait for a MY'23, you can expect to pay that much more (cost increases) plus a chance at losing the $7500 tax credit.

The going rate for a privately owned Lightning just sold for $20,000 over MSRP so that tells you the market is hot for a MY'22.
Thatā€™s the going rate for deciding you want to buy a Lightning today and buying it today. That is not the going rate for a reservation placed a year ago. That said, you do have a right to your own opinion.

Sponsored

jpepper07

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford F150
To be honest this thread has ruined my mood. Adm isn't justifiable when ford told me one price any random dealer will choose a random price when the next door dealer would treat me fairly.

I will start pushing my dealer to present me a confirmed prie.

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]
I think if you scream and yell at enough people, Ford up the food chain as high as you can go, as often as you can, you will get someone to tell them to remove the $5k to shut you up.

If it's a large dealer network, I would start with reaching out to the dealer owner or president (not the Ford Dealer GM), and indicate that it is unacceptable.

In general I think you can get much better answers sometimes by writing pointed but polite emails, rather than calling. You can call and complain, they say "thank you for your concern", and end it, but it's easier for an email to be forwarded to someone who can actually do something.

A dealer accepted order from the Ford system looks and feels like a contract to me, it should be binding, and we should really be insisting they honor these. The website box E20 literally says "the price the dealer is willing to sell for". Hold them to it. E133 says basically "you are bound to this agreement by paying a deposit", it almost certainly is mutually binding, as they also accepted the order.

Good luck, I would be raising absolute hell until they sold at $0 MSRP, as they agreed to when they accepted the order. The time to dispute that on their side is before they accept the order, not after. I think Ford is aware of these shenanigans, and is trying to solve the problem, but they're not there yet.

Postman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Raptor, ā€˜21 Navigator, ā€˜21 GT500, ā€˜74 Bronco
Do not cancel the order. You have quite a while, I suspect, before your truck ends up at the dealership. At that point, you can cancel, but by no means would I do it before that. The dealer WANTS you to cancel, so they get an unrestricted (no mannequin) at invoice. Raise hell to everyone you can. Donā€™t mean to tell you the obvious, but find a reputable Ford dealer to form a relationship with for the future. Iā€™ve bought 4 Raptors, 3 Shelbys, 2 Navigators, and a Lightning on a handshake at 1 small dealer. Go with the small town dealers. A little bit of a drive is well worth it. They also appreciate your business, youā€™re not just a number. I know a lot of dealers charge ADM, but itā€™s total bull when they change the price after the fact. Itā€™s just straight deceitful. You could have chosen any dealer to have YOUR truck delivered to. The way Ford did the Lightnings, itā€™s literally a GIFT to the delivering dealership. Whatever dealer you choose literally makes ~8 grand because YOU chose them to have your truck delivered to, donā€™t let them forget that. If they donā€™t back down, make them pay. Hit them in the pocket. Sorry this happened to you. So frustrating that people just arenā€™t honest anymore.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
@MM in SouthTX I may have missed it, but what part of South TX are you in?
Sponsored