• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Recourse for Additional Dealer Markup (ADM) added AFTER ORDERING AT MSRP?

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Well, looks like by dealer is going full shady on me and suddenly can't find the PrivateOffer information in SmartVINCENT (even though Ford marketing confirmed that they should be able to see it) and they added a 10K markup at the last minute. This after they promised me on the phone no markup.

With no sense of shame, they showed me an out of the door price of $113K for a Lariat ER. LOL.

They also apparently have a reputation for selling reserved cars out from under people by telling the buyer to come back in a few days to talk to the "manager" who can help them and then selling the vehicle in the meantime. I didn't know this when I placed the order obviously.

Worst dealer experience I've had in 30 years of buying cars.

We'll see where this goes since I'm going to work on getting them to honor their price, but if not, lawsuit time. This clearly bait and switch which is consumer fraud in CA.

>>Under state law (California Business and Professions Code § 17500), false and deceptive advertising is strictly prohibited. A company that violates the state's false advertising regulations could be held both civilly and criminally liable.<<
What dealership in California?
Sponsored