• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Relay Clicking Sound

Revenge

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR, 2011 Flex
I am trying to figure out what is making a clicking noise, perhaps a relay or something, while my truck is sitting in the driveway. It is the same sound when I approach the truck when I have the fob in my pocket and the lights turn on. In this case though the fob is nowhere near the truck and the approach lights do not turn on. It is real annoying when I try to sleep with the window open and the truck is randomly making noises outside. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
System relays, they all seem to do this, mine does at least.

OP
OP

Revenge

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR, 2011 Flex
System relays, they all seem to do this, mine does at least.
Thank you. I feel a little better knowing that it is not happening only to me. I just installed an OBDII adapter and set up the AA torque display on Android Auto and noticed a 20% LVB drain overnight. Not sure if that is normal or not since I have no previous data to compare it to and was worried maybe the noises were something not working correctly and draining the battery. I am going to unplug the adapter tonight and see if I see the same drain tomorrow.

Bills R Electric

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
I am trying to figure out what is making a clicking noise, perhaps a relay or something, while my truck is sitting in the driveway. It is the same sound when I approach the truck when I have the fob in my pocket and the lights turn on. In this case though the fob is nowhere near the truck and the approach lights do not turn on. It is real annoying when I try to sleep with the window open and the truck is randomly making noises outside. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I have the same noises.
I thought it was sensing my phone, but nope.
Sponsored