• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Occupation
Drug Dealer of the LED World
I just did a build and noted an anomaly - you can order the Retrax off list on the Lightning. It is still listed on all other F-150 and Super Duty models, but for some reason has dropped off the Platinum build page - but there is a way to order it there. You can add the Retrax cover by selecting one of the Yakima rack accessories that requires the XR rails - it then adds the correct bed cover into the build. So it is a Ford website problem - I promise you that you CAN order the Retrax XR as an OEM item for $1,695 - and it still works correctly (listed separately) when building any Ford pickup on their website except the Lighting - and you can force it on the Lightning by choosing a rack that needs that top. This must be a recent website change/error because it was fine when I built my truck. And, as you can see in my window sticker above, it is on my Lightning as OEM. Below are two screenshots I just took - one showing how I added the Retrax to a Lightning by adding a Yakima rack, and one showing it as an option for a standard F-150.

Screen Shot 2022-07-17 at 9.48.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-17 at 9.45.11 PM.png
That's a good deal then IF it's in fact the PRO (aluminum) one.
Sponsored

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
That's a good deal then IF it's in fact the PRO (aluminum) one.
I posted the pictures of the one on my '21 King Ranch F-150 - definitely aluminum, definitely ordered OEM with the truck, not a dealer add, definitely in the original warranty. And definitely on my new Lightning. Not sure what more I can do to prove it to you. Pictures, window sticker, personal experience, hands-on tonight. Just to humor you, I just walked outside and took a picture of the underside showing the formed aluminum slats. This picture is minutes old. Cost me a mosquito bite.

Ford F-150 Lightning RetraxPRO XR Installed On F-150 Lightning F150rack7

millim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning, P*2, XC90, 1964.5 Mustang,
FWIW I'm getting my spray-in liner done next week and opted to add the RetraxPro XR and have it all done by them at one time. Will report back once I have it. I was originally going to go with the Bakflip X4s, but it was OOS everywhere the shop looked. Truth be told, at this point I'm glad that happened, and feel like the XR will be a worthwhile upgrade, especially if I want to easily add racks/etc down the road.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
Occupation
FWIW I'm getting my spray-in liner done next week and opted to add the RetraxPro XR and have it all done by them at one time. Will report back once I have it. I was originally going to go with the Bakflip X4s, but it was OOS everywhere the shop looked. Truth be told, at this point I'm glad that happened, and feel like the XR will be a worthwhile upgrade, especially if I want to easily add racks/etc down the road.
We've been shipping those lately without issues.

millim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning, P*2, XC90, 1964.5 Mustang,
Thx and good to know. I considered shopping elsewhere but went the simple route w/ the shop that is doing the bed liner. I guess their suppliers weren't as lucky.

That said, I know I'm going to need new racks (the ones from my XC90 are too short) and other accessories and will definitely check your site out when I'm ready.

Sponsored
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Thx and good to know. I considered shopping elsewhere but went the simple route w/ the shop that is doing the bed liner. I guess their suppliers weren't as lucky.

That said, I know I'm going to need new racks (the ones from my XC90 are too short) and other accessories and will definitely check your site out when I'm ready.
I always recommend you buy local when you can, especially if a shop is doing the install (as long as it's not Ford of course, support local small business).

We offer free installations with bed cover purchases to our local customers.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
here's a related question: since we may want to have something(s) plugged into the bed outlets, and yet keep a rollup or trifold tonno cover closed, is there a way to 'prop' open the tailgate, just enough to allow extension cord(s) to exit, without the tailgate coming all the way down?

maybe a short rubber tarp strap, or something similar, if not...

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
Occupation
here's a related question: since we may want to have something(s) plugged into the bed outlets, and yet keep a rollup or trifold tonno cover closed, is there a way to 'prop' open the tailgate, just enough to allow extension cord(s) to exit, without the tailgate coming all the way down?

maybe a short rubber tarp strap, or something similar, if not...
You can't run a wire between the tailgate and the body. If you have a soft-top or tri-fold bed cover, you could probably close the cover over a cord (NOT recommended, as that's 120V power you're "crimping").

The RetraxPRO Covers let you close the cover in any position you want. So you could just leave a 1/4" gap for the extension cord

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
or a cable hatch thru the tailgate : )

not.

JediGamerCT

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Flex
Occupation
6th Grade Teacher
Purchased our RetraxPro XR from @4x4TruckLEDs.com - it was a pleasure dealing with them and it shipped out the very next morning - it is already sitting in my garage waiting for my Lightning to be delivered. Debating on whether to install it myself or just have my Ford dealer do it.

Sponsored

SeanOC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜18 Raptor ā€˜21 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Pilot
Purchased our RetraxPro XR from @4x4TruckLEDs.com - it was a pleasure dealing with them and it shipped out the very next morning - it is already sitting in my garage waiting for my Lightning to be delivered. Debating on whether to install it myself or just have my Ford dealer do it.
I went to his shop to pick mine up in person, great experience! Iā€™m definitely I stalling mine when the truck arrives, itā€™s rather simple but you do need a second set of hands.

Jif1025

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum Edition
Occupation
Criminal Lawyer
I don't want to step on your ad program here, but you are incorrect. I have owned six Retrax tonneau covers since 2006, including two Pro XRs. I now have the Ford OEM version made by Retrax on my '21 PowerBoost (6.5' bed) and its is installed on my '22 Lightning Platinum that is sitting in the Miami railyard pending delivery next week (5.5' bed). They are the real RetraxPro XR and are a great deal, as they come fully installed, have the Ford logo, have the full Ford warranty, and are $300-$400 cheaper than list price from most Retrax resellers, except when on sale, when they are equal, but without the benefits of buying direct from Ford. Pics of my current Ford-branded Retrax XR below on my personal PowerBoost King Ranch that will be traded next week for the Lightning. Definitely aluminum, can stand on it. Identical to the 8' Retrax-branded Pro XR that is on my '17 F350.

F150rack3.jpg

F150rack4.jpg

F150rack5.jpg

F150rack6.jpg
Do you know the part number for the ford branded Retrax? I looked online and only found one listed at $2249.00- not the $1600-1700 you were discussing. TIA
Sponsored