• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Say Hello and Introduce Yourself!!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hey everyone!
On Saturday my husband picked up a '23 Lightning Platinum.
We initially went to the dealership just to look and perhaps take a test drive.
I, admittedly, was skeptical of EVs, and don't really know much about them.
That said, we ended up taking the truck home after kicking the tires, looking at EVERYTHING (I have a '22 OBX Bronco, and if you know anything about the Bronco and how they come from the factory you really have to check everything).
That night I finally got to take it for a drive, and oh my word. That truck is QUICK! Maybe even a little scary (and I didn't even go WOT).
Since I don't know much about EVs, and the Lightning, I look forward to reading and learning as much as I can from this forum, as the Bronco6G forum has been a great resource for me as well.

Lightning.jpeg
Congrats on your new ride! 🎉We hope this forum continues to be a great resource for you!
Sponsored

Jasper7821

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Aircraft researcher
I’m new here, I sold my Tesla a few weeks ago and I just bought a brand new Lightning Lariat sight unseen from a dealer in Colorado.

I’ll be driving my trade-in (Macan GTS) there this Friday and driving it home Saturday (800 miles 😞)

I am borrowing an adapter from a friend and will use the Tesla network all the way if I can.

I’m a huge Tesla fan and reserved a Cybertruck during the unveiling, my order has come up and thought I’d have a VIN a few weeks ago and the truck by now, but still no VIN.

I also love Fords and loved my F-150 Supercrew. I saw that there’s pretty great deals on them now so I bought one.
It’s Carbonized Gray and I’m really looking forward to having a F-150 again, and super stoked to have a Lightning.

I’ll probably have to pass on the Cybertruck, but at least I’ll have a great electric truck.

Ford F-150 Lightning Say Hello and Introduce Yourself!! IMG_2089

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
New Lightning owner (purchased a week and a half ago and have put on 600 miles). Went with an Azure Grey Lariat. First EV and after first longish distance trip (and range anxiety) starting to figure out what it's going to be like owning an EV in Montana. Have loved the truck thus far and look forward to going all EV in the future. Have already learned a ton on this site, thank you, and look forward to many more miles.

Invisibleguy

First Name
Invisibleguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning
FLF is officially launched!! Welcome all!

Whether you're a new or veteran member, please stop in to say hello and introduce yourselves to the FLF community! 🤝👊
So just got my 2023 XLT extended last Friday an I am learning a lot. Looking to add a NEMA 14-50 outlet for both the 240 charger that came standard an an level 2 charger, Any suggestions on brand of charger to by? Also I know some EV's can set charge rate in the vehicle or app but have not found I can on mine?
Love the truck after 700 + miles.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
So just got my 2023 XLT extended last Friday an I am learning a lot. Looking to add a NEMA 14-50 outlet for both the 240 charger that came standard an an level 2 charger, Any suggestions on brand of charger to by? Also I know some EV's can set charge rate in the vehicle or app but have not found I can on mine?
Welcome, lots of information about charging your F150 Lightning on the following section of the site, the Lighting does not have a direct control for the amperage charge rate, but if you are installing the Ford Charge Station Pro [FCSP] it can be adjusted through the Fordpass app, under Account Charge Station control app, but this adjustability is unreliable at the moment, we're hoping they will improve the reliability in the future. Third party stations may have better features with regard to controlling the charging rate.

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...rgers-battery-vehicle-to-vehicle-charging.84/

Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
A 2023 ER should include a Ford Charge Station Pro, it'll arrive in a few weeks. If you want to take full advantage of that, you'll need a 100amp circuit dedicated to it, and hardwired, not a 14-50 outlet. You can not set the charge rate with the Lightning, but various wall mounted chargers do allow you to.

OG_Ragnar

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT ER, 17 C-Max Energi, 15 Flex
Occupation
Nonprofit Administration
We took advantage of the March sales, drove to Milwaukee and brought home a white XLT ER with tow tech, spray-in bed liner and all-weather floor mats. Price was $50,990 before TTLR, and only a few hundred more than the Pro SSV ER we were looking at locally.

Didn’t sell/trade anything, and kept our 15 Flex for our daughter to drive. My wife drives a 17 C-Max Energi, so we had some experience with plugging in. Had already installed an 64-amp Clipper Creek charger in our garage a couple of years ago in anticipation of getting a full EV. Will post some of my observations in other threads, but so far I’m really liking my first EV and my first truck.

We received the Ford Charge Station Pro about two weeks after the purchase of the truck, and we didn’t need to call or fill out anything. Not sure yet what we’ll do with it.

Reserved the Tesla charging adaptor on March 17, and with order number 70,993, we should receive the dang thing by September if we’re lucky.

Here’s a photo, as maybe I couldn't add a photo to my very first post.
Ford F-150 Lightning Say Hello and Introduce Yourself!! IMG_5051

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hi Everyone.

I am very pleased to have joined and being part of the conversations here about the Ford Lighting.

Looking forward to learning and contributing where I can.

Cheers.
Welcome Travis! We hope this is a great resource for you and your Lightning. 😁

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning, 2022 Mustang Mach-E
Howdy!

We got our '23 Carbonized Grey Lariat ER a week ago. We're coming from a Tacoma and also have a 2022 Mustang Mach-E with 36,000 fantastic road tripping miles. We traded the Taco and so are now happily all electric and never looking back. (Well, I do have a tractor and some other utility vehicles that need to be upgraded, but one step at a time...)

I tend to drive for work to any locations that are within 12-20 hours of driving instead of flying, so I'll be putting more than a few miles on the Lightning.

We also camp a lot and are looking forward to the Lightning's utility and cargo capacity.

Finally, it'll be a lot of use on the little ranch we have. Hoping to get an acre of trees planted this spring, and the capabilities of the Lightning will help quite a lot.

I'm a planetary, remote sensing, and data scientist by trade. I work with all-electric spacecraft at the Moon, Mars, and pretty much any solid surface in the solar system. Hobbies include astrophotography, many different computer and electronics projects, hiking, gardening, ranching, wood working, and a host of other things.

Sponsored

StickyWicket

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER
Hi All - have been lurking on the forums for the past couple of months but just signed up today. Picked up my 2023 XLT ER in Avalanche towards the end of February 2024. Loving the vehicle and between this forum and the F150 Lightning Reddit page, have learned a ton about the truck. Looking forward to interacting with all of you and appreciate your guidance.

DesertEV

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
Hi All - have been lurking on the forums for the past couple of months but just signed up today. Picked up my 2023 XLT ER in Avalanche towards the end of February 2024. Loving the vehicle and between this forum and the F150 Lightning Reddit page, have learned a ton about the truck. Looking forward to interacting with all of you and appreciate your guidance.
Welcome. I have the same truck with the 312a package. Love it!

Lewisb01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
My 2023 Lightning XLT oxford white will be here tomorrow, been waiting 2 years to get one. Prices finally hit a point where I couldn't pass it up. I got mine for $42k before tax title.

Seems to be a great community here.

BabyDoc1012

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT, 2022 Mustang Mach 1, 2021 Expedition
Ford F-150 Lightning Say Hello and Introduce Yourself!! IMG_0456

Just picked up a 23 XLT ER! Coming from a 2024 Titan. This truck is so much fun and it is great to be back in a Ford. Going to add a tonneau cover soon and level kit eventually.
Sponsored