• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Scary situation happened when backing up with one pedal drive

9onmy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2, Ducati MTS 1260, 2023 SR Lightning XLT
Occupation
Housemaker/Veteran
I‘ve yet to even try 1 pedal. Sounds like I don’t want to either. Glad it turned Ok for your situation.
Tried it once on my DAILY commute. Daily caps because, I drive it daily. Which to some means daily. Once, and only once. Turned off. Not a fan.
Sponsored

Shiftyjew

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 ligntning
Occupation
Contractor
Please elaborate on this ..... the 12v or traction battery?
How catastrophic was the damage when this happened?
Truck was in shop for all of the other issues. I was notified from Ford of a battery recall. They needed to replace part of the battery because it wasn't charging. I was only getting 96%. When they tried to replace a section of the battery it arced out and melted the terminals. They had engineers from ford come investigate. No one could get the new part installed without it arcing. I don't know what the end result was. After waiting 13 weeks for a resolution Ford bought the truck back. None of the other issues were resolved either.

Txxthie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 TM3 RWD LFP
This illustrates the biggest reason 1PD should be illegal, and why two-pedals, one-foot is a safety feature.

Under normal circumstances in this situation you would have been covering the brake. An average or below average driver using 1PD in the situation you just described would mash the accelerator by reflex with disastrous results.

1PD: Just say no.
OP should consider salting and sanding that steep narrow driveway. It seems difficult to back down in ideal conditions. I have used 1PD with all my EVs since 2018. I have never experienced the situation mentioned. 1PD is a great feature of driving an EV and this event shouldn’t deter drivers from using it. More investigation needs to happen 1st.

Ford F-150 Lightning Scary situation happened when backing up with one pedal drive IMG_5831

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
I ran 1PD for a significant amount of time in my Mach-e and had several goofy issues, including a very similar driveway situation. I'm very happy to have normal driving in the Lightning now.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
This illustrates the biggest reason 1PD should be illegal, and why two-pedals, one-foot is a safety feature.

Under normal circumstances in this situation you would have been covering the brake. An average or below average driver using 1PD in the situation you just described would mash the accelerator by reflex with disastrous results.

1PD: Just say no.

A couple of times while using 1PD (for 7 months now), it failed to slow down as aggressive as it usually does, but I simply moved my foot over and gently hit the brake to slow it down. Not sure why it didn't engage like it usually does but I'm always ready to manually hit the brake pedal.

I love the fact that at the rate I'm going, these pads and rotors are going to last me for a decade or so!! :love:
Sponsored