• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Setting charge limit

Hrudka

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2015 Mustang GT, 2015 Jeep Grand C
Occupation
Machinist
Several times I have set charging limit to 80 %, but it still charged to 100%. It has worked as set before, seems to be hit and miss. Anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Are you talking about location-specific settings, or the one-time limit?

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I may have accidentally found the solution, at least I think. You have to set the limit, then turn the truck off, then plug in.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I may have accidentally found the solution, at least I think. You have to set the limit, then turn the truck off, then plug in.
That’s correct when using a one-time limit at a DCFC. For AC charging, the limit is supposed to work if you set it during a charge session….according to the manual, anyway.

OP
OP
Hrudka

Hrudka

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2015 Mustang GT, 2015 Jeep Grand C
Occupation
Machinist
This happens when I charge at home. Truck is running, I set the limit, save the setting, then shut it off and plug it in. I would estimate it has done my setting 4 or 5 times correctly, and 3 or 4 times gone to 100%. I wish you could set a multi-charge limit and then only supersede it if you need 100%. Likely be a simple software update for Ford.

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I wish you could set a multi-charge limit and then only supersede it if you need 100%. Likely be a simple software update for Ford.
That’s exactly how charging locations work. If you add your home as a charge location, you can set a limit that’s always used unless you override it. You’ll see a “Charge to 100%” button in FordPass while charging at your location.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
That’s exactly how charging locations work. If you add your home as a charge location, you can set a limit that’s always used unless you override it. You’ll see a “Charge to 100%” button in FordPass while charging at your location.
This is exactly how my trucks charging strategy is configured, I have never had it deviate from the 90% setting. On a couple of occasions I clicked the charge to 100% intentionally to prepare for a haul trip, all worked as intended and then next charge session at home it resumed with my preferred 90% with out further intervention.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
This is exactly how my trucks charging strategy is configured, I have never had it deviate from the 90% setting. On a couple of occasions I clicked the charge to 100% intentionally to prepare for a haul trip, all worked as intended and then next charge session at home it resumed with my preferred 90% with out further intervention.
I found that I have to do that one-time override from within the the app…I tried to override to 100% from within my truck’s Sync UI for my last at home charge session, and it stopped at my app’s 90% preset anyway………

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I found that I have to do that one-time override from within the the app…I tried to override to 100% from within my truck’s Sync UI for my last at home charge session, and it stopped at my app’s 90% preset anyway………
Good to know….fortunately, I’ve always used FP for the 100% override and will continue to do so.

Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
Good to know….fortunately, I’ve always used FP for the 100% override and will continue to do so.
Me too…lesson learned………😎

Del_Mar

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 XT4 Cadillac
Occupation
Retired USN Enlisted
Hello, has anyone had charging issues since having SWAT security system connected to their Lightning? I did and averaged 150 per charge. Disconnected and got what I should 237 at 100%. I have level 2 charging on my solar home and then it was only going up to about 190 max. So then I just saw the DEFAULT MILEAGE CHARGE HISTORY (I’m guessing now) and the mileage change from 166 to 209 immediately in front of me. So it jumped to a TRUE 90%. I was STILL getting an error despite SWAT not being connected. It is installed but not connect as the SWAT tech has been to my home troubleshooting.
Sponsored