• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

problem changing charge limit

Konakid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Kia Niro PHEV
I have a 2023 F-150 Lightning XLT with extended range battery. Within the truck I can set a permanent charge limit for my home charging station, or I can set a one-time charge limit. The problem is, neither of these work! The software accepts my change, but actually charges to whatever battery percentage it was previously set to. Right now I have the home charging station limit set to 85%, and it will show that whenever I look at it. But when I actually plug the charger in, it shows that it will charge to 100%, and it will actually continue charging toward 100% until I physically unplug it. I should mention that I was actually twice successful in changing that permanent limit, but most of the time it doesn't work. And the one-time limit has never worked. Also, in the FordPass app on my phone, I have buttons for "stop charging" and "charge to 100%". These also almost never work. I called Ford about this problem, and was told that "it's a known issue and will be addressed in a future update". But I haven't seen any complaints about it on this forum. Have others experienced this problem? I consider it to be a major issue not being able to set the charge limit. For awhile my limit was stuck at 85%, and I was unable to get the truck to charge to 100%, meaning there were certain places I could no longer drive to!
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Assuming you have tried setting the parameters in the truck initially then tried tweaking the profile afterward in Fordpass, but you are running into problems, it's possible the prior profile is corrupted.

Make sure your data sharing consents are all turned on via the Sync screen.

Delete all previous charging profiles via the Sync screen.

Take the truck for a short trip around the neighborhood to orientate the GPS, hopefully the GPS and Ford Navigation are working normally with no gross location errors.

Return to your charging spot, park & leave truck running or in accessory mode.

Plug into your EVSE, hopefully it's making energy available, assuming the EVSE does not have a TOU time restraint in effect at the moment

The truck should begin charging to 100%

Go into the SYNC charging screen, create a new charging profile, if a GPS location appears, accept the values as is, configure the maximum SOC you will routinely charge to, set the weekday & weekend time frames if needed, save the scheme.

Make sure the scheme is switched on, depending on the particulars of your scheme the truck will either pause charging until the prefered hour has arrived or continue charging until the SOC goal is met.

This new scheme should be visible in Fordpass on Vehicle tab, Charging menu, prefered times tile, tap "Used preferred charge settings to view and adjust the parameters as the needs fluctuate , once you change any factor the SAVE button becomes active, once saved it will upload to the cloud and then back down to the truck via telematics.

The Charging profile can be shown on the HOME tab, under the charging details dynamic button, a few seconds after tapping this a SETTINGS link will appear at the top/right of the screen, tap it to get into the settings if you need to make changes.

OP
OP

Konakid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thank you, Noel. That next-to-last paragraph "prefered times tile, tap "Used preferred charge settings to view and adjust the parameters" solved at least my immediate problem. I had never gone into the "Preferred Times" panel in FordPass because I don't charge on any regular schedule. When I did look in there I found a button set to "charge to 100%" and changed to "use preferred charge settings", and my truck is now charging to the set limit of 85%. Really appreciate your help, and of course wondering why Ford Customer Service couldn't tell me what you told me.

OP
OP

Konakid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Today I was successfully able to set a one-time charging limit for the first time! It seems the secret is to do it twice in rapid succession. The first time I saved the one-time limit I had set, it went back to the charging screen and told me the vehicle would charge to the regular preset limit instead. I immediately repeated the process, and the second time I saved the desired one-time limit, it went back to the charging screen and told me it would charge to the one-time limit I had just set. I hope this will work every time, but remains to be seen.

USA EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro, 2015 FIAT 500e
Today I was successfully able to set a one-time charging limit for the first time! It seems the secret is to do it twice in rapid succession. The first time I saved the one-time limit I had set, it went back to the charging screen and told me the vehicle would charge to the regular preset limit instead. I immediately repeated the process, and the second time I saved the desired one-time limit, it went back to the charging screen and told me it would charge to the one-time limit I had just set. I hope this will work every time, but remains to be seen.
I always have to set it twice like this as well.
Sponsored