• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

So...reserved 2 hours in...with reservation number...I'm assuming SOL on price protection?

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
Like you I'm upset with the entire process but no way Ford knew that lithium was going to triple in price. Almost every ev is seeing 10% or more increases right now. I need a truck and would consider a maverick but the back seat is too small for my 3 kids. This entire process has me thinking I may have to step away from Ford on my next purchase

AkayRiviannnn07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Launch Edition
I reserved on 5/19, 2 hours into allowing reservations, but of course, ford has NOT contacted me with a wave order...so, I'm assuming I will be SOL on price protection? A 17.5 percent price increase does not sit well with me.
Honestly, most likely. I don't see a rivian situation here where they back track on prices. I can't see ford taking losses on the mass amount of reservations still left to build. And most likely there is somone out there willing to pay those prices currently.

meazer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150
Occupation
Security
Have you looked on ebay? People are already paying those prices and more. 100k and over for an extended range Latiat.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Ford will build these trucks whether people order or not. What I mean by that is that they will eventually start sending allocations for Ford Dealerships to sell if people start dropping out of purchasing.

I guess we will find out in the next 4 weeks how many are still willing to convert their reservations.

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Ranger Crew cab FX4 Lariat- Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
I reserved on 5/19, 2 hours into allowing reservations, but of course, ford has NOT contacted me with a wave order...so, I'm assuming I will be SOL on price protection? A 17.5 percent price increase does not sit well with me.
I still have no idea when I will get my Bronco I reserved in July 2020 and now I'm pretty much expecting they will put it off until my price protection runs out . Now there is this . It's not my fault they would not let me order even though I had an email confirmation back from Ford within 2 minutes of the Lightning reservations opening ,SMH .

Theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Etron,Chevy Volt,BMW I3,Mach-E,F150 Lightning
To OP. I know it sounds like a lot, but it looks like you will qualify for the fed credit, so this price increase maybe a wash for you. Everyone who cancelled 2 years ago when the Platinum was listed for 92k is regretting it now. And yes there was a lot of yelling and screaming and down right disappointment back then too.

In 2024-2025 you will be happy with this price.

meazer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150
Occupation
Security
Yeah that sucks I was the same day but 4 hours after they open and took delivery of mince last month. My dealer said I got a little lucky because it was a standard range and they were building more of them because they could build 4 SR with the same batteries that they could build 3 ERs with. Dont know if its true or not but sounded plausible

Sponsored

meazer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150
Occupation
Security
To OP. I know it sounds like a lot, but it looks like you will qualify for the fed credit, so this price increase maybe a wash for you. Everyone who cancelled 2 years ago when the Platinum was listed for 92k is regretting it now. And yes there was a lot of yelling and screaming and down right disappointment back then too.

In 2024-2025 you will be happy with this price.
Depends on when he gets it. The new tax credit has an 80k MSRP limit and an income limit

BroncoJones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'02 Yukon
Not surprised by the increase but still kinda bummed. Was looking forward to a "cheap" Base for around town. Went back and looked at my res, got my confirmation email from Ford at 9:33pm, 3 mins after the reveal video started. Haven't heard a peep since then, never got a wave invite. Supposedly my bronco is up for production this month but already been pushed back once. Hopefully Ford will come through at some point.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Depends on when he gets it. The new tax credit has an 80k MSRP limit and an income limit
But that does not take into consideration that an early 2023 delivery may fall into the old $7500 tax credit even when Ford hits 200K.

meazer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150
Occupation
Security
But that does not take into consideration that an early 2023 delivery may fall into the old $7500 tax credit even when Ford hits 200K.
It wouldn't. The new law takes effect for cars put into service after Dec 31, 2022. So any vehicle delivered on or after Jan 1 would fall into the new rules meaning an MSRP below 80k and an income below 150/300.

Cypress

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Raptor
The dealer you chose and tied to your reservation to has a lot to do with whether it was converted to an order by now or not...probably more so than how many hours or days went by after the announcement.
Sponsored