• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

viennaxmas

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Is this a Siemens meter base? I have been looking for a good new meter base, and this matches what I am looking for.
Sponsored

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Just wanted to chime in and say I got something very similar to the OP’s setup and it works great. Instead of 30A I opted to get a 50A SS2-50 inlet for future proofing. Requires an adapter you can find off Amazon to L14-30P to SS2-50R.

Similarly, the GFCI trips on the truck end and the electrician disconnected the ground from the inlet to the panel, at the panel side. He felt comfortable doing it since the house side ground still keeps everything inside safe, and the truck GFCI still protects the cable run (he was more concerned about accidental damage to the outdoor cabling run).

I had wanted to do it the “official” way with the Generac GFCI sub panel but it was way too impractical. For some reason just lighting and appliance and bedroom outlets were spread across 15 different breakers so even with tandem ones it was a stretch.
You have an mechanical interlock & breaker inside your main panel then? Which is what the generator inlet is wired to?

That is what I have but since mine is grounded I received the Truck GFCI tripped error.

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
You have an mechanical interlock & breaker inside your main panel then? Which is what the generator inlet is wired to?

That is what I have but since mine is grounded I received the Truck GFCI tripped error.
That is correct, they installed a 200A “main” breaker on the inside panel (the meter has the official 200A breaker), interlocked with a 60A breaker in the panel. The inlet goes to that 60A breaker (got a SS2-50P inlet).

The ground from the inlet was disconnected in the panel side, it’s usually tied to the ground bar in the panel. This resolved the GFCI trip.
Sponsored