• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone been contacted for SunRun Installation ?

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
You may contact the Lightning team at Ford and see what they can do. They are really helpful (or try to be) and I do think that there is some communication from Ford on SunRuns contact order. Are you in a SunRun state? That could also be telling
Good advice. I bet the contact info for the lightning team is probably on this forum somewhere; I'll try that.

I'm in IL which shows as a state they support for this so that shouldn't be it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
yed19

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 RR Sport HSE
Good advice. I bet the contact info for the lightning team is probably on this forum somewhere; I'll try that.

I'm in IL which shows as a state they support for this so that shouldn't be it.
Lightning Team number is 1-800-334-4375, I believe.

OP
OP
yed19

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
As I have posted somewhere, I have one of those HIS boxes on order that won’t get fulfilled until September it says. I also talked with SunRun and they said that they are prioritizing their customers first on the fulfillment of those HIS orders. I.e. If you contract through them to install it, you can get it now. If not, you have to wait.
Update: My estimated ship date on the HIS for my order was now pushed back until November 1st. This is when I placed a order for it myself and not SUnRun prioritized. I placed this order in March the first week it was available to order through AEE Express. Has anyone got a scheduled install date for a HIS, or even a charger install through SunRun? I am wondering if it is just SUnRUn prioritization still or if there are supply chain issues with the HIS units given my slide.

Also, the fact there are no videos showing exactly how all this works is very suspect. You would think SunRun or Ford would be itching to show a live example of the grid failing and then the truck powering someone's house, right? Not a theoretical scenario on paper... At this point, I may just get my solar company to do their install and install the Pro Charger and then worry about the HIS later.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Updated : Talked to Ford, they said talk to my dealer about why Sunrun may not have gotten the info. Talked to the dealer and they said their info shows the charger will be given out through the parts department after purchase. I am pretty sure they are not aware of the Ford/Sunrun agreement to get it installed before purchase but.. whatever. I can just wait.. I already have a 40amp charger in the garage I can use in the mean time.

OP
OP
yed19

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Updated : Talked to Ford, they said talk to my dealer about why Sunrun may not have gotten the info. Talked to the dealer and they said their info shows the charger will be given out through the parts department after purchase. I am pretty sure they are not aware of the Ford/Sunrun agreement to get it installed before purchase but.. whatever. I can just wait.. I already have a 40amp charger in the garage I can use in the mean time.
What trim level do you have? I am wondering if it is trim level based. One of the people I spoke with at SunRun said as much (but you never know what to believe...). This is where tracking who SunRUn has contacted and who they have not would help some of us. I.e. Are only Platinum trims being contacted at this point by SunRun and they will step down to Lariats soon enough. If I were SunRun, I would probably contact people based upon how much business I can get. If thats the case, maybe SR customers who have a interest in the HIS and Solar.

Sponsored

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
Update: My estimated ship date on the HIS for my order was now pushed back until November 1st. This is when I placed a order for it myself and not SUnRun prioritized. I placed this order in March the first week it was available to order through AEE Express. Has anyone got a scheduled install date for a HIS, or even a charger install through SunRun? I am wondering if it is just SUnRUn prioritization still or if there are supply chain issues with the HIS units given my slide.

Also, the fact there are no videos showing exactly how all this works is very suspect. You would think SunRun or Ford would be itching to show a live example of the grid failing and then the truck powering someone's house, right? Not a theoretical scenario on paper... At this point, I may just get my solar company to do their install and install the Pro Charger and then worry about the HIS later.
Do you know if your HIS purchase includes the battery and transfer switch they showed in San Antonio, or is it just the BDI?

If you do the solar first, you will toss that inverter, and redo all of the labor to install it, as well as likely reroute wiring for the charger, solar disconnect, and sub panel taps. You might want to get a qoute from SunRun (or their sub if you are not in a state they service) for the entire package to compare before you decide.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What trim level do you have? I am wondering if it is trim level based. One of the people I spoke with at SunRun said as much (but you never know what to believe...). This is where tracking who SunRUn has contacted and who they have not would help some of us. I.e. Are only Platinum trims being contacted at this point by SunRun and they will step down to Lariats soon enough. If I were SunRun, I would probably contact people based upon how much business I can get. If thats the case, maybe SR customers who have a interest in the HIS and Solar.
Lariat ER - Yea I wasn't impressed but also am in the situation I probably don't care enough to pursue the misunderstandings between the groups. As long as my charger shows up in parts like the dealer suggested I'll deal with it after purchase.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If it comes to the parts department, at least I will drive the 100 miles round trip to get in an EV;)

OP
OP
yed19

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SunRun is not really contacting non-SunRun state customers, BTW. I confirmed this yesterday. Don't expect anything from SunRun if you are out of their areas. They are keying off of the survey you fill out when you put your order number in. If you are in a state where they don't operate, they just tell you to find an electrician for install or send you directly to AEE Express to order the HIS which you won't get until November at the earliest. Basically, you're getting screwed by SunRun if you do not or cannot use SunRun. Simple as that. For us that might even want to pay the "early" tax to get things early through SunRun, we can't. It's stupid. And the best part is that we all know more than Ford, SunRun, AEE Express, or the dealerships on this process. This partnership is a failure only for us customers.

OP
OP
yed19

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Update: We will see if this is worth anything in the next few days but I checked today on my AEE Express order of the HIS which had been moved back up to Sept 1, 2022 from November 1st as of a few weeks back. Turns out that the ship date now shows as today :oops:o_O. I am not in a SunRun state so I am surprised to hear this... I originally placed that order on 3/25 so I have to be one of the first ones... If it does end up shipping and I do get my truck in a week or so and the Pro Charger follows, I may actually end up having everything when our new solar system gets installed late next month... The irony that will be had if I end up getting that HIS before the truck though... :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Update: We will see if this is worth anything in the next few days but I checked today on my AEE Express order of the HIS which had been moved back up to Sept 1, 2022 from November 1st as of a few weeks back. Turns out that the ship date now shows as today :oops:o_O. I am not in a SunRun state so I am surprised to hear this... I originally placed that order on 3/25 so I have to be one of the first ones... If it does end up shipping and I do get my truck in a week or so and the Pro Charger follows, I may actually end up having everything when our new solar system gets installed late next month... The irony that will be had if I end up getting that HIS before the truck though... :ROFLMAO:
Any way to confirm it is the 10kW HIS?

OP
OP
yed19

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Do you the right part numbers for that system?

Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone been contacted for SunRun Installation ? D1377DF9-0391-4530-A354-2EE781F2CB2D

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Do you the right part numbers for that system?

D1377DF9-0391-4530-A354-2EE781F2CB2D.png
Looks like the 4k. Were you the one who purchased prior to this change on their website?

tommont87

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning
Occupation
PM
SunRun scheduled my charger install for 5 July (Virginia)

OP
OP
yed19

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looks like the 4k. Were you the one who purchased prior to this change on their website?
Yes. I purchased in March before they raised the price. I am assuming you are referring to the 4K and in the $3700 vs $3850 price tag.
Sponsored