• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tesla adapter for FCSP

kammy

First Name
Kamal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
I posted this on Reddit, so I will copy my text from there. But basically…

According to this spec sheet, the Ford Charge Station Pro (FCSP) will work with a Tesla (first bullet under details). Does anyone know what adapter is needed? I want to use the charger with the truck and with a Tesla.

Other than the FCSP, I’m not familiar with a CCS plug that is used for AC charging. So I am not able to find a suitable adapter. I think the Tesla CCS to Tesla adapter is DC only. The owners manual for the Tesla CCS adapter states that the adapter can only used at a Combo 1 DC charger. The adapter I am looking for is something EXACTLY like this, but for AC charging.

The plastic on the bottom of my j1772 adapter interferes with the CCS plug in the FCSP.

Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla adapter for FCSP 630594ED-C2AF-4DCA-916A-B487F12F4F6E

Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla adapter for FCSP 80A87A44-714C-49E8-8747-C8B59041DFA1
Sponsored

OP
OP

kammy

First Name
Kamal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Conversation over on Reddit

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Presumably, the interference is the bottom of that "notch" at the bottom of the adapter. Would cutting that center section out of the notch be a problem? I don't have a Tesla adapter to look at anymore to check myself.

OP
OP

kammy

First Name
Kamal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Presumably, the interference is the bottom of that "notch" at the bottom of the adapter. Would cutting that center section out of the notch be a problem? I don't have a Tesla adapter to look at anymore to check myself.
someone tried that in another forum. Check posts 22 and 23 of this thread.

I think the 2 pins on the bottom of the CCS port are longer than the Tesla adapter. So the 2 pins don’t allow the adapter to plug all the way in.

Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
someone tried that in another forum. Check posts 22 and 23 of this thread.

I think the 2 pins on the bottom of the CCS port are longer than the Tesla adapter. So the 2 pins don’t allow the adapter to plug all the way in.
Link doesn't work, for me at least.

OP
OP

kammy

First Name
Kamal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Link doesn't work, for me at least.
looks like the “lightning owners” forum is a banned site. You search in google “is-anybody-charging-other-vehicles-with-their-charge-station-pro”. That might take you there!

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
looks like the “lightning owners” forum is a banned site. You search in google “is-anybody-charging-other-vehicles-with-their-charge-station-pro”. That might take you there!
Yep, I figured it out even though it says "banned site" haha.

So, the housing around the lower two pins stick out so far that it hits the Tesla before the adapter is fully seated in the Tesla charge port?

That's how I read it.

Interesting that @FlasherZ says they did it and it (presumably) worked. Maybe it depends on which Tesla it is and the shape of the body around the plug?

OP
OP

kammy

First Name
Kamal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Yep, I figured it out even though it says "banned site" haha.

So, the housing around the lower two pins stick out so far that it hits the Tesla before the adapter is fully seated in the Tesla charge port?

That's how I read it.
i wish there was a photo. That’s how I read it as well.

Greygoat123

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
I talked to @FlasherZ they said it worked with a model X, I sent follow up questions and they never replied unfortunately. I have dremeled a j1772 adapter, it fits in the FCSP perfectly and locks into the Tesla model Y perfect. It recognizes 48a max and all but when you go to charge the FCSP clicks a couple times and the Tesla throws an error that it could not start charging. I’ve never been able to get it to work, the CCS Tesla adapter also only works with DC fast charging so doesn’t work with the FCSP either.

Sponsored

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I talked to @FlasherZ they said it worked with a model X, I sent follow up questions and they never replied unfortunately. I have dremeled a j1772 adapter, it fits in the FCSP perfectly and locks into the Tesla model Y perfect. It recognizes 48a max and all but when you go to charge the FCSP clicks a couple times and the Tesla throws an error that it could not start charging. I’ve never been able to get it to work, the CCS Tesla adapter also only works with DC fast charging so doesn’t work with the FCSP either.
Does the FCSP have an amps setting you can change? Maybe drop it down to 20 amps or something, just to try.

Greygoat123

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
The FCSP does have that option but I haven’t tried as it’s working great with the lightning on 80a (after it had problems the first few weeks I don’t want to mess it up lol).

Nick503955

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat, 2021 Tesla Model Y
From Lectron:

We have coordinated with our product manager and were advised that the CCS adapter is for DC charging only. It will not work with AC charging.

Currently, we do not have an adapter that will work with the Ford Charge Station Pro. We will happily discuss this with our product development team and hopefully we will have this in our product pipeline in the future.

Please subscribe to our newsletter and visit our website to stay up to date on the latest product launches.

tidemacedo

First Name
Aristides
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Have you figured out how to charge model y with FCSP? I'm having the same issue here, exactly the same.
Sponsored