• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Thinking of swapping the Lightning for the IONIQ 5 + E-Transit

GunRack

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
no real complaints about the Lightning, but how I use my truck (runs to Home Depot and picking up random stuff), I think I'd be better off with a fully enclosed bed. The E-Transit seems reasonable, but I would then get something more sensible for parking in cities. I saw the new Disney 100 IONIQ 5, and debating. Its not going to save any money having two vehicles. I haven't driven either yet. Would I hate this?

I know the IONIQ 5 isn't going to hold any value. I wonder what the depreciation curve of the transit would be. I can't imagine there's a forum for E-Transit. How do I even go about buying on of those? Is it even possible to order just one? I see there are none listed on autotempest
Sponsored

Last edited:

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
no real complaints about the Lightning, but how I use my truck (runs to Home Depot and picking up random stuff), I think I'd be better off with a fully enclosed bed. The E-Transit seems reasonable, but I would then get something more sensible for parking in cities. I saw the new Disney 100 IONIQ 5, and debating. Its not going to save any money having two vehicles. I haven't driven either yet. Would I hate this?

I know the IONIQ 5 isn't going to hold any value. I wonder what the depreciation curve of the transit would be. I can't imagine there's a forum for E-Transit. How do I even go about buying on of those? Is it even possible to order just one? I see there are none listed on autotempest
Got a good chuckle reading this. There are forums and Facebook groups for everything, including pinky toe eroticism (don't go look, I made this up, if it exists that is scary).

Buy a tonneau cover and you have an enclosed bed...

awilli1010

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 lightning, 22 maverick, old ass Harley.
Occupation
Retired Army, retired Government employee.
Put a diamondback cover on the truck and you’ll have a secure, water tight enclosed area and only have to pay for one vehicle insurance.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Put a diamondback cover on the truck and you’ll have a secure, water tight enclosed area and only have to pay for one vehicle insurance.
My Diamondback was ordered last week. $200 off right now, but 6 to 7 week shipping leadtime...

Sponsored

awilli1010

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 lightning, 22 maverick, old ass Harley.
Occupation
Retired Army, retired Government employee.
I got mine last spring. It’s been great so far. I was fortunate to be able to use my military discount.

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E transit is incredible expensive and bare bones. I think it is 2 wheel drive and standard range. Your paying for a lariet and getting a pro.

Hammick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER

No EV that I know of is holding any kind of value. We leased our Ioniq 5 after our first one was totaled and am now wishing we had leased our Lightning.

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
E transit is incredible expensive and bare bones. I think it is 2 wheel drive and standard range. Your paying for a lariet and getting a pro.
E-Transit starts at like $50k. $59k nicely equipped. More like a Pro. But higher payload, larger cargo capacity, and fully enclosed. Short range, though.
Some dealers have demos they are selling. Likely have to deal with commercial sales but you don't have to be a fleet customer to buy one, though.

https://shop.ford.com/configure/e-transit/config/paint/Config[|Ford|E-Transit|2023|1|1.|101A.W1Y.130.PFT...LRL.85B.17P.XL.96D.15C.21M.~CA#VA_SE#FX.41J.53G.644.60C.85D.63G.90E.61D.15F.VRE.]

Oafy44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ford lightning
Occupation
Landscape contractor
From what I have been told by first hand / companies they have the transit - your lucky if You get 100 miles per charge.
It’s a great concept tho and I know they will figure it out. The more competition comes out - the more I appreciate my lightning.

Sponsored

wighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT (SR 311A), 2023 Genesis GV60
Given the cost of the replacements, I don't think that is really all that wise of a purchase based on your post... if you have some other criteria you are looking at (such as the ioniq 5 being a better long range road trip vehicle as long as the cargo capacity is good enough) then maybe that would change things.

As others said, does a tonneau cover or bed cap get you your desired covered cargo capacity? Seems like that would be a better use of money.

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Rodeo clown
I'm getting a SmartCap installed on Saturday, I recommend that you check them out!

MontanaLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning
The diamondback cover is great. I have two.
Sponsored