• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

This could be the T3 design

DeluxeStang

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick
Ford's bringing an EV demonstrator to Pike's peak. They released a vid, tons of crazy areo, but what caught my attention was this shot from the side. That looks to have drastically different proportions to the current lightning, and aligns with what we've been told by insiders. Shorter hood, longer cab with three row seating, more areo driven styling, etc.

Changing the entire shape would be a ton of work just for a one off EV demonstrator. But building a race car of t3 to tease it would be a brilliant way of hyping people up without tipping your hand too early. I like it if that's the general shape.

Ford F-150 Lightning This could be the T3 design IMG_20240529_115348
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Ford's bringing an EV demonstrator to Pike's peak. They released a vid, tons of crazy areo, but what caught my attention was this shot from the side. That looks to have drastically different proportions to the current lightning, and aligns with what we've been told by insiders. Shorter hood, longer cab with three row seating, more areo driven styling, etc.

Changing the entire shape would be a ton of work just for a one off EV demonstrator. But building a race car of t3 to tease it would be a brilliant way of hyping people up without tipping your hand too early. I like it if that's the general shape.

IMG_20240529_115348.jpg
I don't see a difference in the hood, and the cab looks more like aero wings/flaps added to our profile than anything else.

OP
OP

DeluxeStang

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick
I don't see a difference in the hood, and the cab looks more like aero wings/flaps added to our profile than anything else.
It's significantly shorter, at least that's how it looks to me. Which is a change that insiders said was coming for t3. But I could be completely wrong about this, I don't want to get out hopes up just yet. The windshield is also more laid back, compared to the current truck's.

Sponsored
OP
OP

DeluxeStang

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick
Might want to rewatch/watch the video. Looks like they maybe slammed a Lightning and then turning it into a circle track inspired racer, not a 3rd row SUV.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...ing-based-supertruck-to-scale-pikes-peak.html
Respectfully, I don't know where I said t3 was a three row suv. Just that it would have a larger cab with three row seating, like the ram EV concept did. People who've seen it have said proportionally, the ram EV concept is close to t3 with the stretched cab and shorter hood.

Ford F-150 Lightning This could be the T3 design f9d719b0-8cbb-11ed-be7f-13308d090c61.web

OP
OP

DeluxeStang

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick
Is the third row?
1717007166050-te.png
Would give you some open air fun 😂. But in all seriousness, the third row will apparently come with the longer cab, very similar in proportions to the ram EV concept which I linked above.

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
.......... Trophy husband
Is the third row?
1717007166050-te.png
F40 had this wing and is one of the greatest cars of all time.
Ford F-150 Lightning This could be the T3 design wp2009567

Don't see why it wouldn't work here as well... ;) lol

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
Respectfully, I don't know where I said t3 was a three row suv.
Did I say you did? But a third row has traditionally been an SUV, Mini-Van, or for the boomers a station wagon.

My point is I think there was more wishes and hopes than reality in them making the pike’s peak racer a third row option.

OP
OP

DeluxeStang

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick
Did I say you did? But a third row has traditionally been an SUV, Mini-Van, or for the boomers a station wagon.

My point is I think there was more wishes and hopes than reality in them making the pike’s peak racer a third row option.
Sorry, let me clarify, I don't believe the racer will have three rows. Rather, the production truck will. I only mentioned that, and the stretched cab to refer to the teaser image, which appears to have those proportional changes, if it happens to be accurate, indicating that this may in fact be our first look at t3. Apologies for the miscommunication on my part.

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
It's not T3. It's a heavily modified truck based on the current gen Lightning.

As the name suggests, the new EV demonstrator is based on Ford’s best-selling electric pickup, the F-150 Lightning, but the Ford Performance team will be ratcheting up the vehicles’ aerodynamics and power output to take on the daunting 12.5-mile uphill excursion. Technical specs for the F-150 Lightning SuperTruck, which is being developed in conjunction with Ford Design and Stard Motorsports, will be revealed at a later date.
https://www.at.ford.com/us/en/home/news-media/news/2024/5/pikes-peak-f150-lightning.html

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
The T3 is a unibody truck design... and delayed, if not shelved.
The Pike's Peak F150 Lightning is a special like the switchback was.
Sponsored