• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

This truck loves traffic (kwh/Mile)

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
You can always check and see if you have the wires run. I wasn't expecting my Pro to have them and it did, which made the installation much quicker and easier
How do I know if I have the wires?
Sponsored

OP
OP
theblunden

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro

matteblack

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning-2018 Ford Flex-2013 Harley Fat Bob
Occupation
Farmer, Volunteer Firefighter
You can always check and see if you have the wires run. I wasn't expecting my Pro to have them and it did, which made the installation much quicker and easier
What wires, is this for Lane centering? I have a Pro model and I'd love to get a little more out of it if it has the wiring harness for it, definitely don't want to cut or splice... Got a picture of the wiring that was there in your Pro and if possible please explain what you did and what it added to your truck?
Thanks...

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Slowing down helps, but a HUGE factor is the traffic. Get it out on the open road with no one ahead of you and see what you get. At 65 I get about 1.7 unless there is a tailwind.
At 65-70mph on open fairly flat road I easily get 2.2 mile/kwh in temperatures that require no heat, adding heat it drops to 1.8-1.9

Sponsored
OP
OP
theblunden

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
At 65-70mph on open fairly flat road I easily get 2.2 mile/kwh in temperatures that require no heat, adding heat it drops to 1.8-1.9
Being in the Carolinas I'm getting about the same at 65-70 about 2.2-2.3kwh/mile in both Winter-current temps. Granted I've only had it since January and would precondition the battery/cabin and only use the heated seat after unplugging and leaving the house.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Being in the Carolinas I'm getting about the same at 65-70 about 2.2-2.3kwh/mile in both Winter-current temps. Granted I've only had it since January and would precondition the battery/cabin and only use the heated seat after unplugging and leaving the house.
Completely agree with your original post. My normal 25 mile commute gives me 2.4-2.6 mi/kwh with 70/30 highway/city driving this time of year (no heat). Monday there was an accident on the highway so to avoid it I drove "city driving" pretty much the whole way to work and got 3.3 mi/kwh

Bwanapete

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2017 Tesla MS90d, 1941 Lincoln V12
I recently added lane centering and ACC and am loving it my 23' XLT SR. This thing sips power in rush hour traffic and does all the highway driving for me. I typically average 2.8-3.1 kwh/mile to and from work. I've managed to average 2.5 for the lifetime of my ownership starting in January by precondition the battery and truck cabin during the winter temps.

IMG_20230605_072924.jpg

IMG_20230605_073207.jpg
Agree completely, with praise of Lane Centering (not “Lane Keeping,” which is outdated tech). Copilot 360 Assist (and not “Active”) is the sweet spot, imho, available in XLT Hi and Lariat Low: you get everything but hands-off (Bluecruise), and on any road with lane markings! (Rivian can’t do that) CoPilot Assist is functionally equivalent to basic Tesla Autopilot (Tesla drivers take note), but adds Speed Sign Recognition to automatically adjust cruise setting.
[/QUOTE]
I own a Lariat ER and a Tesla MS. The Tesla reads speed signs too. I actually prefer the Tesla autopilot but use BC too. Don’t know what to do with my hands when driving BC.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
Ford F-150 Lightning This truck loves traffic (kwh/Mile) access to driver side wiring harness view

Ford F-150 Lightning This truck loves traffic (kwh/Mile) Wiring harness, driver side, thru end cover

Ford F-150 Lightning This truck loves traffic (kwh/Mile) Confirmed driver side HARNESS pre-wired

I confirmed my PRO simply by removing the driver side cabin corner piece.... bottom two wires on both sides... (see attached instructions)

Attachments

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I just did 1200 miles in the last 48 hours With the OBD connected with ABRP and my reference at 65mph recalibrated to 2.56mi/kWh.

Ford F-150 Lightning This truck loves traffic (kwh/Mile) IMG_4088

Unfortunately I was doing 80-90mph for most of it and the dash showed 1.6mi/kWh.

For reference of how exponential the aero penalty is, I got 1.3-1.6mi/kWh with a 8000lb Hi Lo trailer in tow at 70mph.
Sponsored