• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
I find the 20s on my Lariat good enough for around town and some roads less traveled. Next fall I'll be fitting some 18s with winter tires. Summers I'll stay on 20s but a more agressive lt-at than the stock grabber.
Sponsored

toby_d

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning 510A, 2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Engineer
I find the 20s on my Lariat good enough for around town and some roads less traveled. Summers I'll stay on 20s but a more agressive lt-at than the stock grabber.
That's what I do, nothing too rugged, just fire roads in the Rockies, and the occasional roughed-up trail. I'm looking at Falken Wildpeak AT3W (which I have on the Ram that I need to sell), or Toyo Open Countrys or Nittos. More aggressive than I need, but I'm not really finding anything between those and the stock all-seasons.

Next fall I'll be fitting some 18s with winter tires.
I have 20" snows ready for rims, simply because that's what I had on my Ram. They're load rated for the Lightning so I figured why get rid of them. I was planning to mount them on my stock 20s.

dippinMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat
Biggest thing I did to make install easy was not to mess
With the upper control arms. I removed the lower control arms AFTER MARKING THE LOCATION OF THE LOWER CONTROL ARM BOLTS. Then knocked out the tie rod ends to free up some space to wiggle out the suspension components. It was pretty easy to ease them out and back in. Note* the install of the. Stage 3 spacer will result in the coils to be rotated 180* which is by design I was told by the folks at stage 3. installing the lower control arm bolts to the marked location resulted in almost perfect alignment. Almost but a realignment is highly recommended.
I just installed the spacer on the driver side, then couldn’t get the forward lower control arm bolt in the same spot, and after looking at the video again I seen that they added a note in the description saying to swap the driver side with the passenger side so the two bottom bolts and bushing on the strut does not tear or wear too bad, this seems that it should also help with the geometry…. tomorrow i’m undoing what I did on the driver side and swapping the struts from side to side. in the comments of the video from stage 3, people were agreeing that they had bushing issues only 5 months later. tomorrow is a new day lol

OP
OP
AZT9

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
I just installed the spacer on the driver side, then couldn’t get the forward lower control arm bolt in the same spot, and after looking at the video again I seen that they added a note in the description saying to swap the driver side with the passenger side so the two bottom bolts and bushing on the strut does not tear or wear too bad, this seems that it should also help with the geometry…. tomorrow i’m undoing what I did on the driver side and swapping the struts from side to side. in the comments of the video from stage 3, people were agreeing that they had bushing issues only 5 months later. tomorrow is a new day lol
Oh wow. Don’t know how I missed that. I didn’t have too much trouble getting the LCA bolts to their factory position but I guess I may be swapping them out as well. Thanks for the info🤙🏼

dippinMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Oh wow. Don’t know how I missed that. I didn’t have too much trouble getting the LCA bolts to their factory position but I guess I may be swapping them out as well. Thanks for the info🤙🏼
yeah they just have a note in the description of the YouTube video, and agree with a commenter but said they don't have enough time to remake the video. Sucks that I seen this after the fact lol at least i didnt finish the job on both sides yet

Sponsored

toby_d

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning 510A, 2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Engineer
yeah they just have a note in the description of the YouTube video, and agree with a commenter but said they don't have enough time to remake the video. Sucks that I seen this after the fact lol at least i didnt finish the job on both sides yet
I saw that note, too, and think that they should absolutely replace the video with all expediency. That they can't see how this is a long term issue is a little scary. A note in the description is not sufficient. Change the video.

dippinMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I saw that note, too, and think that they should absolutely replace the video with all expediency. That they can't see how this is a long term issue is a little scary. A note in the description is not sufficient. Change the video.
totally agree 100%! when I swapped mine, it went in a lot easier than it did when I installed the same side backwards

dippinMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
what PSI are you running on your new setup? I installed mine and have ~42 PSI now but seems like range may be worser than I anticipated, using a calculator It came up with 36 minimum but at that PSI the tire is lumpy where it meets the ground and looks under inflated

OP
OP
AZT9

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
what PSI are you running on your new setup? I installed mine and have ~42 PSI now but seems like range may be worser than I anticipated, using a calculator It came up with 36 minimum but at that PSI the tire is lumpy where it meets the ground and looks under inflated
I’m actually running 60psi. The tires are max rated to 90 impacting ride a little but it has helped with those highly inefficient treads (damn they are great tires tho)

dippinMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ok m
I’m actually running 60psi. The tires are max rated to 90 impacting ride a little but it has helped with those highly inefficient treads (damn they are great tires tho)
OK, i’m going to bring mine up, max rated at 80, so i’ll probably go to ~60 as well, thanks!

Sponsored