• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Turn off proximity sensing for PAAK?

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
I've tried using Phone As A Key and liked all the features except one. I ended up disabling it due to this. Wondering if anyone knows if you can disable proximity sensing with PAAK.

I spend a lot of time outside on my property, doing yardwork, landscaping, and other projects. I usually have my phone with me. But with PAAK turned on, my truck wakes up, lights come on, screen activates, etc. every time I get near the truck (often). Is there a way to shut this off while retaining the other PAAK features?
Sponsored

sfringer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I've tried using Phone As A Key and liked all the features except one. I ended up disabling it due to this. Wondering if anyone knows if you can disable proximity sensing with PAAK.

I spend a lot of time outside on my property, doing yardwork, landscaping, and other projects. I usually have my phone with me. But with PAAK turned on, my truck wakes up, lights come on, screen activates, etc. every time I get near the truck (often). Is there a way to shut this off while retaining the other PAAK features?
I have encountered the same annoyance when I enabled PaaK and have since disabled it. I'd be interested if there's a workaround as well.

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue
The only way I know of is to stop the FordPass app from communicating with your truck. One option is to disable bluetooth, but then your earbuds and smart watches won't connect. You can also stop FordPass from running. Don't know about Apple, but on Android you can Force Stop in the Android app settings. You can also set the battery settings in Android for this app to restricted. That will keep the app from connecting when it is not the app you are actively using.

Any of these workarounds can have downsides, so do them at your own risk. You won't receive any notifications from the Truck either (e.g. alarm being tripped). I always carry my key fob, because I don't trust the app to work 100% of the time, but want it for a backup and to use a backup start code. It would be nice if you could disable it in the app with a slider switch and then re-enable it with just that switch. Hint hint @Ford Motor Company

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer

Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Turn off the welcome lighting setting. It was the first setting I changed in my truck.

It's found in the > vehicle settings >lighting.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Turn off the welcome lighting setting. It was the first setting I changed in my truck.

It's found in the > vehicle settings >lighting.
I just did this myself yesterday, figured I really don't need to the truck greeting me randomly when out and about in the yard, or when I'm in the MC workshop next door working on my bikes.

This might help improve LVB charge stability as well, and when it's dark I just hit the unlock button for the lamps to fire when I want them on.

tnugentfl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lightning lariat ext range
If you have power running boards, disable the approach detection.

OP
OP

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
This might help improve LVB charge stability as well, and when it's dark I just hit the unlock button for the lamps to fire when I want them on.
I knew about the welcome lighting turn off but had avoided that as a solution as I do like them during these dark days/nights of winter. But thinking more about it, like above, I'd rather control it manually all the time anyway. Thanks all!
Sponsored