• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Unable to charge, DTC U0293

OP
OP
HaroldCal

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
Status update on this one:

I picked the truck up from the dealer. I immediately plugged it into the onsite Level 2 EVSE, to verify that it was actually going to take a charge, and it did.

GOt it home, works on the home Level 2 EVSE as well, so all looks good there. Of course, it seems to have lost my charging location setup, and it charged to 100 overnight, so I will have to correct that today when I head out shortly.

Here's the result from the final paperwork. I welcome any Ford techs that want to expand on what you see written here. Specifically de-jargon for the lay people that might find this page in a search result:

1. VERIFIED CONCERN, CONNECTED SCAN TOOL & CHECKED FOR DTC'S. FOUND DTC P0D80:00 IN GFM2.CHECKED OASIS. PPT AP. AP1 YES. AP2 YES. AP3 NO. DEPOWERED HIGH VOLTAGE BATTERY & CHECKEDRESISTANCE BETWEEN C1002 PIN 3 & GROUND. RESISTANCE READING 8 OHMS. REMOVED G130 ANDCLEANED MOUNTING SURFACE AND RETESTED. RESISTANCE STILL READING 8 OHMS. REPLACED CHARGEPORT ASSEMBLY. CLEARED DTC & RETEST. CONCERN STILL PRESENT, DTC P0D80:00 STILL PRESENT INGFM2. RE-CHECKED RESISTANCE BETWEEN C1002 PIN 3 & GROUND. RESISTANCE NOW READING .2 OHMS.CONTINUED PPT AP. AP4 YES .2 OHMS. AP6 YES O.L. AP8 YES DTC P0D80:00 PRESENT. REMOVED REARBUMPER & REMOVED AFTERMARKET TONNEAU COVER TO ACCESS PICKUP BED BOLTS & REMOVED REARPICKUP BED & REPLACED GENERIC FUNCTION MODULE 2 (GFM2) - ELECTRIC. CLEARED DTC & RETEST. FINALSELF TEST, NO DTC'S.

Parts consumed:
NL3Z 10B689C-CHARGER - BATTERY 1 (as previously determined, this is the onboard AC->DC charger, under the bed, and on top of the battery, adjacent to the onboard pro-power inverters)

NL3Z 14A303B - INLET 1 (the port the EVSE plugs into)

W717000S901 - BOLT 6 (presumably the bed bolts. As I understand it, they have to be replaced any time they are removed. Torque to yield or some such)
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
bump

Walle1jm

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning SR XLT 312A
OP
OP
HaroldCal

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT

Sponsored

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
Ugh and now the curse has passed to me after the 23B57 update at the dealership update and diagnosis. So I’m at 57% reduced power and home unable to charge. I’m hoping someone out there by now has a solution. My truck was 100% fine from January 2023 until today with this recall update. They have broken something!!!! Dealership tomorrow to update them on what they caused.

OP
OP
HaroldCal

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Ugh and now the curse has passed to me after the 23B57 update at the dealership update and diagnosis. So I’m at 57% reduced power and home unable to charge. I’m hoping someone out there by now has a solution. My truck was 100% fine from January 2023 until today with this recall update. They have broken something!!!! Dealership tomorrow to update them on what they caused.
OP here. Take it to a DC fast charger and see if you can charge there. In my case, every time this happened, I was able to charge at a DCFC, and that was how I sustained it until I could get it in for an appt. THe last time around, I found that after a DCFC session, I was then able to charge at home. THe last time I had it happen was a couple months ago, and that was my resolution at that time.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
This sounds much more like an issue with one or more HVB modules. The 23B37 update was put in place to identify the variations between these modules and to keep the truck drivable as opposed to it just shutting down on the road.

Last edited by a moderator:

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Derivatives
This sounds much more like an issue with one or more HVB modules. The 23B37 update was put in place to identify the variations between these modules and to keep the truck drivable as opposed to it just shutting down on the road.
Well I’m at about 1-2 weeks after ironical receiving OTA update 6.3.0 After that I’ve noticed now when trying to get to a 100% charge before a long trip it’s kinda bonkers. It stops charging at what it claims to be at 100% then after uhooking from charger I see a drop to 98, 97, 96 all the way down to 92 , 91, 90 within 60 or so seconds.
Something is very strange. Then now as of today and picking up my truck I’m unable to charge at home aka red ring on charge port indicator. Really hoping for good news tomorrow. I’ve already lost a good days work, ugh.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Well I’m at about 1-2 weeks after ironical receiving OTA update 6.3.0 After that I’ve noticed now when trying to get to a 100% charge before a long trip it’s kinda bonkers. It stops charging at what it claims to be at 100% then after uhooking from charger I see a drop to 98, 97, 96 all the way down to 92 , 91, 90 within 60 or so seconds.
Something is very strange. Then now as of today and picking up my truck I’m unable to charge at home aka red ring on charge port indicator. Really hoping for good news tomorrow. I’ve already lost a good days work, ugh.
Hoping it gets worked out sooner rather than later. 🤞

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Your dealer did not perform 23B57 per the bulletin. You likely have at least one bad module that they were supposed to replace before updating software. It sounds like they simply did the software update and sent you on your way. The new software is now detecting the bad module(s) and causing your symptoms.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Derivatives
Your dealer did not perform 23B57 per the bulletin. You likely have at least one bad module that they were supposed to replace before updating software. It sounds like they simply did the software update and sent you on your way. The new software is now detecting the bad module(s) and causing your symptoms.
That sounds like a really fubar situation then that I’m in, thank you for nothing Ford, you broke my truck..!!! Can they remove the update from a backup??
So what do I do now? Who do I trust or talk to at this point if I cannot get proper service from a Ford e-certified dealership?? I’m looking for actual real world help here. Communication is virtually nonexistent as far as time lines and as of today still no parts have been ordered from what I have been told.
Back to square one tomorrow.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
That sounds like a really fubar situation then that I’m in, thank you for nothing Ford, you broke my truck..!!! Can they remove the update from a backup??
So what do I do now? Who do I trust or talk to at this point if I cannot get proper service from a Ford e-certified dealership?? I’m looking for actual real world help here. Communication is virtually nonexistent as far as time lines and as of today still no parts have been ordered from what I have been told.
Back to square one tomorrow.
I would probably call Ford and ask for the BEV team. Tell them your story and see if they can help.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Derivatives
I would probably call Ford and ask for the BEV team. Tell them your story and see if they can help.
I will, thanks for the suggestion.
I just scoured the web and found a number I will try in the am.
BEV Team
866-631-3788 ext 79865
fingers crossed. My battery will not hold up forever.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
That sounds like a really fubar situation then that I’m in, thank you for nothing Ford, you broke my truck..!!!
The update didn't break your truck. Your truck was already broken. It just didn't know it yet. Better to have it done in s controlled setting and not out on the road.
Sponsored