• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

vbaker4444

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select AWD
VERY IMPORTANT! Please ask them if SiriusXM is included on the pro. They they say no, ask who the idiot was that decided not to include SiriusXM on the Pro model, when most pickup-driving workers listen to music and talk radio all day long? If you ask verbatim and video it, there's a nice crisp $5 bill with your name on it waiting for you.

Also, (more serious), if you can find out if android auto is WIRELESS android auto?

Finally, ask why they would omit an important safety feature like rear defrost on the Pro model (and not even offer it as an option) knowing that most workers start their day very early when such a feature would be mostly utilized? If you mumble "wow, i can't believe ford is so cheap," or "another idiot in the design department," when they try to make up some b.s. excuse, there'll be another $5 bill with your name on it.
Wireless Android Auto is standard. Same as the current Mach E setup and Lariat+ ICE F150s.
Sponsored

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
VERY IMPORTANT! Please ask them if SiriusXM is included on the pro. They they say no, ask who the idiot was that decided not to include SiriusXM on the Pro model, when most pickup-driving workers listen to music and talk radio all day long? If you ask verbatim and video it, there's a nice crisp $5 bill with your name on it waiting for you.

Also, (more serious), if you can find out if android auto is WIRELESS android auto?

Finally, ask why they would omit an important safety feature like rear defrost on the Pro model (and not even offer it as an option) knowing that most workers start their day very early when such a feature would be mostly utilized? If you mumble "wow, i can't believe ford is so cheap," or "another idiot in the design department," when they try to make up some b.s. excuse, there'll be another $5 bill with your name on it.
i just plan on using my XM app through wireless CarPlay

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Rear window grid defoggers should be an FMVSS requirement.
My 2017 F150 is the first truck Iā€™ve owned with rear window defrost. After 5 winters, Iā€™ve never had to use it. Heated side mirrors are better for safety, imo.

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
My 2017 F150 is the first truck Iā€™ve owned with rear window defrost. After 5 winters, Iā€™ve never had to use it. Heated side mirrors are better for safety, imo.
Honestly just assumed the pro was going to have rear defrosters, I've never owned a vehicle that hasn't. Really surprised to see now that it's not included on the truck. I find I turn mine on semi-frequently in the winter.

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
Anything on the installation of the home backup because everything to date has been sketchy at best

Sponsored

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Yes it will be - it is for symmetry so both sides look the same with the badging.
Perfect symmetry would be a second charging port underneath to accommodate tow-ers and vehicle size at the poorly designed EA sites as they get busier and busier. ;) I sometimes have trouble getting an ID.4 in some of the tiny EA non-pull-through parking spaces.

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
Iā€™m at Ford right now and theyā€™re just as excited to see us as we are about seeingā€¦ and YESā€¦ DRIVINGā€¦ the Lightning in person.

There are certain rules about what we are allowed to talk about for the next week or so, but one thing I can say is that until today, the only person outside Ford to drive one was Joe Biden. I can now say I had the honor of being probably about the 5th to be privileged to do so.

I canā€™t share too much right now, but what I can say is WOW. Just plain WOW. If nothing else, I can now say that all of us here have made a wonderful and intelligent choice. There is no finer pickup truck in the world that can compare to it. Itā€™s powerful, and itā€™s a REAL F-150ā€¦ electrified.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
There are certain rules about what we are allowed to talk about for the next week or so, but one thing I can say is that until today, the only person outside Ford to drive one was Joe Biden. I can now say I had the honor of being probably about the 5th to be privileged to do so.
Awesome and congrats! Can't wait to hear more from you and the other lucky ones that got invited to the event.

Also, can you find @idahospud s truck and activate his FordPass for him?

Last edited:

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Iā€™m at Ford right now and theyā€™re just as excited to see us as we are about seeingā€¦ and YESā€¦ DRIVINGā€¦ the Lightning in person.

I canā€™t share too much right now, but what I can say is WOW. Just plain WOW. If nothing else, I can now say that all of us here have made a wonderful and intelligent choice. There is no finer pickup truck in the world that can compare to it. Itā€™s powerful, and itā€™s a REAL F-150ā€¦ electrified.
Very jealous!

Are you allowed to tell us when the embargo ends and we can expect to hear things (exact day)?

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030

It sounds very exciting. If I read between the lines, the media embargo may extend into next week for the Lightning?

The pictures from today's Free Press article on the Rouge plant sure makes it look like a frame mount 5th wheel trailer hitch (below the bed) is not an option. I would be curious if Ford has any comment on Lightning 5th wheel towing.

Sponsored
OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
Very jealous!

Are you allowed to tell us when the embargo ends and we can expect to hear things (exact day)?
I forgot the exact day, but its only a week or two. I think they want the regular press to be the first to talk about the details first. Iā€™m sure they give exclusives to certain media outlets so it would be odd if somebody like me scoops Road and Track or Motor Trend (The press still havenā€˜t actually driven it yet).

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
One thing I can say is that they did confirm that the EPA range estimates are intentionally conservative, so those who donā€™t haul a lot of weight or travel up hills at higher speeds will see longer ranges. This has already been talked about in the press, but it was nice to hear it in person.

Iā€™ve seen this firsthand when my ā€œ211 Mile Standard Rangeā€œ Mach-E shows me 230 miles when the weather is good, and it knows my recent driving patterns are local trips.

Sklith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance, Energica Ego
One thing I can say is that they did confirm that the EPA range estimates are intentionally conservative, so those who donā€™t haul a lot of weight or travel up hills at higher speeds will see longer ranges. This has already been talked about in the press, but it was nice to hear it in person.

Iā€™ve seen this firsthand when my ā€œ211 Mile Standard Rangeā€œ Mach-E shows me 230 miles when the weather is good, and it knows my recent driving patterns are local trips.
I'm still skeptical about this since 320 miles on a F-150L's 131kWh battery is a biiiiig stretch.

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
I'm still skeptical about this since 320 miles on a F-150L's 131kWh battery is a biiiiig stretch.
Range is super subjective. People who drive in a flat area in warm weather will always get more range than those in colder weather, who travel up hills with a load.

Itā€™s the perfect illustration of Newtonā€™s laws In play, with an added bit of chemistry. Physics, because of how it uses more energy with more passengers and/or weight, plus more to climb hills or drive higher speedsā€¦ chemistry because batteries like to be warmer, so you will always get more miles in warmer weatherā€¦ Keep in mind for the winter, pre-conditioning them while plugged in will help quite a bit (It warms the battery cells).

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
If you get the chance to check out payload on the door plates and can reveal those numbers it would be appreciated. Especially the different models like Pro SR maybe even Pro ER and XLT with the two different trim levels. Does anything come close to 2,000 pounds (SR) or 1,800 pounds (ER)?

So far I think the only pictures we have seed are Lariat ER's which all have shown 1452 pounds.
Sponsored