• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Production data would be nice to hear about.

Total vehicles for Model Year 2022 still around 15,00 or higher/lower?
Time frame of MY22 production running through 9/30 or another date?
How many a day are being built right now?
How many shifts running 1/2/3?
Working 5 or 7 days a week, sliding schedules?
Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Production data would be nice to hear about.

Total vehicles for Model Year 2022 still around 15,00 or higher/lower?
Time frame of MY22 production running through 9/30 or another date?
How many a day are being built right now?
How many shifts running 1/2/3?
Working 5 or 7 days a week, sliding schedules?
For those of us still waiting--when will the MY 23 order books be open? (Big assumption is minimal break of MY 22 then right into producing MY23 this Fall). I know Ford has said summer for the start of 2023 ordering..but are we talking late May OR are we talking late Aug?

Also, any idea of 2023 production numbers..they keep saying they want to be at 150k/yr build rate by mid 2023..is that still the goal and is that timeline still on track? As discussed on another thread-- if Ford can ramp up to 150k/yr by mid 2023, that mean almost all of us in the initial 200k list could potentially have our trucks by the end of CY 2023. That would be a boost of confidence and be good for Ford as Silverado EV will come online in late 2023-->early 2024.

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
For those getting delivery next few weeks, when/how can we get a charge station pro. Always nice to put a little more deposit down so we can charge the first night at home.

thanks

anything they share about OTA updates(additional features, or charging curve changes) - pet mode. 🐶

Last edited:

Fast911

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado sold
Please ask Ford when installation instructions/manuals for the 80 amp charger will be published or the ability to download?

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX KR, 2022 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Business Consultant
Very cool! You are lucky! Enjoy being there in person. Can’t wait to get my Lightning! I should get my window sticker this week. It’s getting close.

Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Please ask Ford when installation instructions/manuals for the 80 amp charger will be published or the ability to download?
How about the owner’s manual being posted to the Ford website?

Fast911

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado sold
The owners manual on Ford’s website does not include specific installation instructions relating to the 80 amp charger. It is very generalized.

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
Come on guys, don’t you think they’ll coincide with launch day? 🙄

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
I agree with all your points. I will be one of the first to reserve a Ford Explorer EV...

In my case I wasn't even in the market for a pickup but once I saw some of the initial reviews of the Lightning I knew I had to have it. I took a ride in one during the road show last year and then I was *REALLY* hooked....

As a consumer its just a tough wait made even tougher having no idea where you are in the line OR how long of a wait you are in for. The prices make this tougher. Not many people can have $60, 70, or 80k just waiting out there with no idea of when they will need it for purchase.
I am getting the lightning and will be one of the first to reserve the explorer EV for my wife depending on how the truck is.

Ford really did drop the ball on letting customers know when they get the truck and seriously screwing up the ordering. I reserved in the first 15 mins and all my dealer can tell me is they were allocated 12 for the year and I am #6 on the list.
I'm guessing maybe Ford is scheduling on the light side of current production, and as they increase production they will either move people up, or schedule people to the weeks they have extra production.

kWfart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning-ER Lariat
Will that look-a-like charge port door be on the passenger side of production vehicles?

Sponsored

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
Will that look-a-like charge port door be on the passenger side of production vehicles?
Yes it will be - it is for symmetry so both sides look the same with the badging.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Find out if the front license plate is snapped on like in the ICE version, I am assuming it is.

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 RR Sport HSE
I doubt anything will be said, but confirming that SunRun will ship Home Integration System based upon Ford priority and that they should not be constraining the supply chain to their own customers only.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
VERY IMPORTANT! Please ask them if SiriusXM is included on the pro. They they say no, ask who the idiot was that decided not to include SiriusXM on the Pro model, when most pickup-driving workers listen to music and talk radio all day long? If you ask verbatim and video it, there's a nice crisp $5 bill with your name on it waiting for you.

Also, (more serious), if you can find out if android auto is WIRELESS android auto?

Finally, ask why they would omit an important safety feature like rear defrost on the Pro model (and not even offer it as an option) knowing that most workers start their day very early when such a feature would be mostly utilized? If you mumble "wow, i can't believe ford is so cheap," or "another idiot in the design department," when they try to make up some b.s. excuse, there'll be another $5 bill with your name on it.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
VERY IMPORTANT! Please ask them if SiriusXM is included on the pro. They they say no, ask who the idiot was that decided not to include SiriusXM on the Pro model, when most pickup-driving workers listen to music and talk radio all day long? If you ask verbatim and video it, there's a nice crisp $5 bill with your name on it waiting for you.

Also, (more serious), if you can find out if android auto is WIRELESS android auto?

Finally, ask why they would omit an important safety feature like rear defrost on the Pro model (and not even offer it as an option) knowing that most workers start their day very early when such a feature would be mostly utilized? If you mumble "wow, i can't believe ford is so cheap," or "another idiot in the design department," when they try to make up some b.s. excuse, there'll be another $5 bill with your name on it.
Rear window grid defoggers should be an FMVSS requirement.
Sponsored