• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wave 1 Lightning invitation email thread [Update: Emails AFTER 5PM ET]

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
No, you can continue to move, even after you configure.
Yep, no doubt you can still move dealers, but my point is does that buy you anything at this point? For example, if I switch to a dealer that is getting an allotment of say 15 MY22 Lightnings, they have already submitted their priority list of 25 reservation holders to Ford on Dec 17, so what good does it do for me to get on their list at this point, other than to bump me up to the top of the MY23 list if I have an early timestamp (and they don't pull another priority reordering of the list)?
Sponsored

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
Yep, no doubt you can still move dealers, but my point is does that buy you anything at this point? For example, if I switch to a dealer that is getting an allotment of say 15 MY22 Lightnings, they have already submitted their priority list of 25 reservation holders to Ford on Dec 17, so what good does it do for me to get on their list at this point, other than to bump me up to the top of the MY23 list if I have an early timestamp (and they don't pull another priority reordering of the list)?
It may be a surprise, but there are quite a few dealers that didn't send in a list. Chapman in PA didn't. My dealer said they prioritized 3 people that were long time customers which I respected.

You'd have to call the dealer and ask. If they didn't prioritize and you are early, you'd jump a lot of people. For example, I'm a little later, and 3 weeks ago I was 38 on the list and am now 45. More people have joined and jumped me because they were earlier. I can't fault them for that.

MD56

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
It may be a surprise, but there are quite a few dealers that didn't send in a list. Chapman in PA didn't. My dealer said they prioritized 3 people that were long time customers which I respected.

You'd have to call the dealer and ask. If they didn't prioritize and you are early, you'd jump a lot of people. For example, I'm a little later, and 3 weeks ago I was 38 on the list and am now 45. More people have joined and jumped me because they were earlier. I can't fault them for that.

How does the process unfold if the dealer did not send in a list? I suspect that my dealer is in this boat because when i speak to them they just have this blanket answer of "we dont know anything, you just have to wait until Ford send you your invite to order". Does it just mean that Ford will rank you based on your reservation number and that dealership's allocation (and forgos any input from the dealer)?

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
How does the process unfold if the dealer did not send in a list? I suspect that my dealer is in this boat because when i speak to them they just have this blanket answer of "we dont know anything, you just have to wait until Ford send you your invite to order". Does it just mean that Ford will rank you based on your reservation number and that dealership's allocation (and forgos any input from the dealer)?
Yes, it appears to be that way.

KR17601

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Energi
Occupation
Operations Manager
Does anyone know from what email address the invitation comes from and what does it look like?

Sponsored

Dalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Explorer
What are you all thinking about the tow technology package? I'm leaning towards the SR Lariat and can't decide if the tow tech package would be worth it or not. I don't tow much and certainly don't tow anything heavy -- just wonder if it's something that down the road I may regret not putting on.

Shady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150xlt

Might want to consider that the dealership in question has filed the "list" and you were not on it so they don't want to tell you that you are in for a long wait.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
What are you all thinking about the tow technology package? I'm leaning towards the SR Lariat and can't decide if the tow tech package would be worth it or not. I don't tow much and certainly don't tow anything heavy -- just wonder if it's something that down the road I may regret not putting on.
After having the 360 cameras, I'll never buy another vehicle without them.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
After having the 360 cameras, I'll never buy another vehicle without them.
Lariat comes with the 360 camera's without needing the Tow Tech package - only the Pro needs Two Tech to get the cameras.

Sklith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance, Energica Ego
Even for those of us who don't get an invite to order by the end of March, don't we then get a chance to still buy a MY2023 by November this year?

Sponsored

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
Even for those of us who don't get an invite to order by the end of March, don't we then get a chance to still buy a MY2023 by November this year?
Yes, we get moved to the MY23 reservation list. But who's to say that Ford won't just give the dealers another 25 priority slots to assign for that model year as well, like they did with 22MY. I moved from #2 to #26 when they did that, and wouldn't be surprised to have it happen again.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Yes, we get moved to the MY23 reservation list. But who's to say that Ford won't just give the dealers another 25 priority slots to assign for that model year as well, like they did with 22MY. I moved from #2 to #26 when they did that, and wouldn't be surprised to have it happen again.
Don't forget as well the possible loss of the tax credit.

Dalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Explorer
Lariat comes with the 360 camera's without needing the Tow Tech package - only the Pro needs Two Tech to get the cameras.
That is nice! I remember seeing a comparison listing what comes with what trim (instead of the very generic/limited information on the actual Ford website). Anyone have that conveniently saved somewhere?

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
'Prioritization' means the dealer went in and adjusted their top positions (which was a percentage of the total reservations for that dealer) based on loyalty or other reasons. If no 'prioritization' took place then the list went purely by reservation timestamp. I would be surprised if a dealer didn't prioritize their list. If they didn't, they obviously had no longtime loyal customers to put at the head of the line. And from what your dealer is saying.....I can tell you that is ludicrous on the face of it. They have a reservation page they use to manage this process. I've seen the one for my dealer. So your dealer should definitely know what's going on at this point...they may just not want to tell you.

Mike
Sponsored