• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wave 1'ers - what's your order status?

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
I ordered today around 1:00 am EST after getting the first wave message at dinner time. I went to the dealer today and asked them to accept my order, which they did. This is the same dealer I purchased my Bronco from, they do all special orders at MSRP and were great to deal with. The tracker now shows the following:

Ford F-150 Lightning Wave 1'ers - what's your order status? 3F5A732D-D184-4BBD-9E39-6D60E46E3845
Ford F-150 Lightning Wave 1'ers - what's your order status? 831B1D8A-019D-4215-9224-0BC35A8616CF
Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
For those who have gotten an invite, but not yet finalized an order, are all trims still available?

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Don’t know. Can’t get into the system due to a dealership ownership change being processed by Ford.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
They gotta click the "GO" button which is just them clicking "accept order" inside the lightning reservation to order system.

Luckily I could click my own to get it started. Today my truck shows up in WBDO as unscheduled/clean which means the truck has been officially ordered.

Lit.JPG
Lucky you!

I have a question that you are perfectly situated to be able to answer;

Since you work at a dealership...(I'm assuming)...were you ever told during any of the discussions about the Lightning reservation to order transition that Wave 1 was going to be just one order from each BEV dealer?

The reason I ask is there seems to be some discussion on another thread about whether dealers knew beforehand that Wave 1 was just the top pick from the priority list. My dealer was certainly not under that impression. They thought that all 5 of their top picks were going to get an email on the 6th.

Thanks in advance...

Mike

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Lucky you!

I have a question that you are perfectly situated to be able to answer;

Since you work at a dealership...(I'm assuming)...were you ever told during any of the discussions about the Lightning reservation to order transition that Wave 1 was going to be just one order from each BEV dealer?

The reason I ask is there seems to be some discussion on another thread about whether dealers knew beforehand that Wave 1 was just the top pick from the priority list. My dealer was certainly not under that impression. They thought that all 5 of their top picks were going to get an email on the 6th.

Thanks in advance...

Mike
I'm not the guy you asked, but I can tell you that my sales person knew only one was being pulled from my dealership. He called me on the 4th to let me know that I would not be able to put an order in as I'm 6th in line.

Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Since the waves themself are determined by Ford, I don't believe no one other than corporate would know this. Its just something we that was observed though other forum posts. Its not in the playbook either... all it says is: "Number of customer Invitations per week subject to change".

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
I'm not the guy you asked, but I can tell you that my sales person knew only one was being pulled from my dealership. He called me on the 4th to let me know that I would not be able to put an order in as I'm 6th in line.
Well you sir are a legend in online Ford circles, and I do hope that you get your reservation picked for conversion very soon! I would think that somebody who's helped as many people as you have would get some help from a Ford angel looking out for you.

Stay safe and best of luck!

Mike

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
Mine too

rmansava

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 lightning
Once the dealer accepts the order when is it available for them to actually place the order to Ford?

Can someone break down the steps?

I placed a reservation day 1.
I got invited to wave 1 and placed my order online on 1/6.
My order was sent to the dealer waiting on them to accept it.
They have now accepted it but it needs to go to some ordering system?

Thank you in advanced, some very knowledgeable people on here.

Deleted member 9341

20th century thinking in the 21st century. Instead of thinking of the full purchasing chain, it is broken up into Ford - Dealer and Dealer - Customer and Ford doesn't want to step on the dealer's toes by given our their information.

To be fair, if you order something that is out of stock on Amazon, they give you an ETA but not your place in line.....
But Amazon at least replies when you ask a question. Ford, not so much. Haha

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Once the dealer accepts the order when is it available for them to actually place the order to Ford?

Can someone break down the steps?

I placed a reservation day 1.
I got invited to wave 1 and placed my order online on 1/6.
My order was sent to the dealer waiting on them to accept it.
They have now accepted it but it needs to go to some ordering system?

Thank you in advanced, some very knowledgeable people on here.
Once your dealer accepts it, it goes into the ordering system, and as long as you have a valid order, it should display "Unscheduled-Clean". When Ford selects it for ordering you will be issued a VIN and build week. That usually happens 6 to 8 weeks before the build week. About 3 weeks before your build week it will be scheduled "To The Day".

rmansava

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 lightning
Once your dealer accepts it, it goes into the ordering system, and as long as you have a valid order, it should display "Unscheduled-Clean". When Ford selects it for ordering you will be issued a VIN and build week. That usually happens 6 to 8 weeks before the build week. About 3 weeks before your build week it will be scheduled "To The Day".
Thank you!

Now if I wanted to change my order, I debated and now think I should add the Max Tow, where would the dealer update that?

This forum is the best!

Ford F-150 Lightning Wave 1'ers - what's your order status? 1641842261898

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Thank you!

Now if I wanted to change my order, I debated and now think I should add the Max Tow, where would the dealer update that?

This forum is the best!

1641842261898.png
The dealer would update it in their system. Should be pretty simple. Couple of clicks.

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
So once the dealer clicks that green “accept” button the order is in and Ford will eventually build a truck, right? Is there anything else the dealer needs to do?
Sponsored