• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What's Your 2024 Lightning Order Status?

TreatYoSelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3 - 2018 Mercedes GLE 43 AMG
Occupation
Ad Man
I know there are a handful of us newbies on this forum with 2024 Model Year Lightning orders. Let's unite to keep one another updated on our truck status so we can get some idea of when we'll get our trucks! I'm not sure what information is helpful, so I'll start here:

Trim: Lariat
Options: spray-in bed liner
Order Date: 10/21/23
Production week: 1/15/24
Window Sticker: Yes
Ford status: In Production
Tear Tag: none

Tear tag can be found at https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

Alright, your turn!

Ford F-150 Lightning What's Your 2024 Lightning Order Status? ford-f-150-lightning-platinum-black-2024-exterior-oem-07
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ray R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Flash, Model Y Performance
Avalanche Flash with 9.6kWh and max tow packages.
It seems I have a tear tag, but I have no idea what the significance of that is.

Ford F-150 Lightning What's Your 2024 Lightning Order Status? 1706216502755

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Avalanche Flash with 9.6kWh and max tow packages.
It seems I have a tear tag, but I have no idea what the significance of that is.

1706216502755.png
Your truck is fully programmed, and you should see a BUILT date soon

Bitterbrush

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 F-150, 2015 Explorer, 2023 Lightning LariatER
Occupation
Pilot
Happy to hear some new trucks are coming.
I tried to order a 2024 Lariat today. Dealer was unable to do it. Seems that almost all the web info they have is from the 2023’s. I found it hard to believe that I was the first guy to want to order a 2024. In the end they seemed to think that the order window had closed. I directed them to the public Ford website that is still selling 2023’s.
Everything seems confused. Especially the sales staff. Not encouraging.

OP
OP
TreatYoSelf

TreatYoSelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ad Man
I tried to order a 2024 Lariat today. Dealer was unable to do it. Seems that almost all the web info they have is from the 2023’s. I found it hard to believe that I was the first guy to want to order a 2024.
Ford provided very little info on ordering a 2024. I got all of my information on this forum which is why I went about calling my local dealer in October. I'm not sure why orders would be closed unless Ford has reached their order limit for the Model Year. Still, it seems that Ford has yet to ship any 2024 MY trucks to any dealers. I'm hoping this thread will shed some light on the 2024 lightnings. @Ray R has his tear tag so 2024s are certainly being built.

Sponsored

Ray R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My order is still showing “in production”; no change. I tried the “live chat” and the person gave the same status, but added the ETA to the dealership is 2/14.

OP
OP
TreatYoSelf

TreatYoSelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ad Man
added the ETA to the dealership is 2/14.
A delivery ETA… That’s progress! Ford is known to provide arrival dates that are all over the place. Let’s see how they do in 2024.

My truck’s status is also still “in production” with the last update on 1/4/24. But I still don’t have a tear tag.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
A delivery ETA… That’s progress! Ford is known to provide arrival dates that are all over the place. Let’s see how they do in 2024.

My truck’s status is also still “in production” with the last update on 1/4/24. But I still don’t have a tear tag.
What is/was your blend date?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

Ray R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Yeah, I don’t know how much faith I put in the Ford order status site, or the online chat, or the dealer for that matter. I’ll believe it’s ready for delivery when the dealer calls me to come pick it up.
But I’ll admit it’s fun to view the available data and tools and speculate.

Last edited:

Asterix

First Name
Cilius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, Kia Seltos
Occupation
Engineer
Hi all! First post here!

My order date was 12/12/2023 and build date is March 4, 2024 for an Antimatter blue Pro SR with max tow and tow tech, as well as spray-in bedliner.

I read on another post that MY2024 production started in mid December. Is it normal for deliveries to be delayed by this long? A quick check on evfinder.com shows zero 2024 Lightnings available anywhere.

Let’s speculate on the reason:
- Ford is waiting for the NACS adapters to ship with new vehicles
- MY2024 is getting the Android Automotive infotainment system and is waiting for final software validation before shipping to customers

Any other guess?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Hi all! First post here!

My order date was 12/12/2023 and build date is March 4, 2024 for an Antimatter blue Pro SR with max tow and tow tech, as well as spray-in bedliner.

I read on another post that MY2024 production started in mid December. Is it normal for deliveries to be delayed by this long? A quick check on evfinder.com shows zero 2024 Lightnings available anywhere.

Let’s speculate on the reason:
- Ford is waiting for the NACS adapters to ship with new vehicles
- MY2024 is getting the Android Automotive infotainment system and is waiting for final software validation before shipping to customers

Any other guess?
There could be numerous reasons for the slow startup and release of new MY24 to shipped status, eventually your order will update to shipped status.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
But is it against the forum rules to speculate?;)
Not at all LOL, but from experiences of MY22 & MY23, there was a bit of a delay getting the initial run of new model year vehicles rolling to dealerships
Sponsored