• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
5/19 reservation, 30 min in and still no reservation. Drats!
Do you know what your spot is with your dealer? If you don't, you probably aren't close...looking at MY24 potentially.
Sponsored

Snappy22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Honda CRV
2nd gen Pro might be becoming more realistic at this point.
My hot take is that Gen 2 sees Pro trim go away and replaced by XL which is a return to standard naming convention. Letā€™s Ford hit the reset button on how lowest trim is defined, priced (more expensive to be back in line and no longer a loss leader), and how/if decontented.

TechTutor

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜15 GMC Sierra / ā€˜02 Spec V
Occupation
Technology installation & training
I am still super pi$$ed that I have a first day reservation and got poked in the backside by FoMoCo.

I get that they are a for profit company, but I would have thought they would have done orders via time stamp instead of shenanigans.

So much for building brand loyalty and positive customer relationships.

detroitlightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Toyota RAV4 Prime, ā€˜22 Maverick XL
The day this truck went from being available for $40k, or ~$50k for ER as many hoped/thought it would be, and became $70k+ for ER (seems quaint after the price increase), it became a much shittier proposition. Not to mention the +$10k for the home integration that was such a centerpiece of itsā€™ value.

congrats to everyone who got one early and is happy with it!

Iā€™m gonna buy a bolt. Maybe someday there Will be the PHEV / BEV midsize Tacoma/ranger that Iā€™m looking forā€¦until then, glad Iā€™m not convincing myself a lighting makes sense for me.

FordBookends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning Lariat, ā€˜68 Mustang Conv, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Engineer
I am still super pi$$ed that I have a first day reservation and got poked in the backside by FoMoCo.

I get that they are a for profit company, but I would have thought they would have done orders via time stamp instead of shenanigans.

So much for building brand loyalty and positive customer relationships.
Do a little math before getting too pi$$ed. FoMoCo communication has been weak but reality is there are >40K 1st day reservations and 15K MY22 trucks. 25K+ 1st day reservation holders are about to get their turn to order with ~10K trucks built in the remainder of ā€˜22, then ~20K trucks in Q1 ā€˜23 so most 1st day reservations should order this year. Q2 & Q3 ā€˜23 should be about 60K trucks produced so MY ā€˜23 should come in around 90K trucks built, for about 110K total Lightnings up to the MY ā€˜24 transition. At that point things will be humming along at about 40K trucks per quarter. It will be interesting to see how many of the 200K reservations actually convert to orders to get things on an even keel.

Sponsored

TechTutor

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜15 GMC Sierra / ā€˜02 Spec V
Occupation
Technology installation & training
Do a little math before getting too pi$$ed. FoMoCo communication has been weak
My irritation has less to do with number of trucks produced and more to do with the fact that reservation holders were not invited to order using the time / date stamp. Ford and their dealers allowed government style ā€œback doorā€ deals to let folks jump the line. And then to add insult to injury they then limited the availability of certain trim levels.

Last edited:

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Reminder: the tax credit 80k cap is based on MSRP, not sales price OR price minus special my22 "price" rebates. In other words, the pro/xlt holdover price isn't going to get you under the 80k tax limit if your truck was configured over 80k.

Also, no one knows for sure the battery content qualifications yet. The trucks after 1/1/23 may not have any tax credit(or reduced credit).

JustB

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
My irritation has less to do with number of trucks produced and more to do with the fact that reservation holders were not invited to order using the time / date stamp. Ford and their dealers allowed government style ā€œback doorā€ deals to let folks jump the line. And then to add insult to injury they then limited the availability of certain trim levels.
Are you in a zev state? Ford seems to be prioritizing zev state reservation holders.

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, 2023.5 MachE on the way
Occupation
Service Manager
I hate to burst your bubble, you are not the only Pro in Georgia (unless there is literally 1 Ford dealer in the whole state and no one else at that one dealer ordered one), and the Iced Blue Silver was one of the most popular color choices for MY22 (so a handful isn't accurate). I also don't think the Pro would every be considered a classic. This is a first gen EV truck (of which millions will be made with the same body and everything), not a late 60's fastback Mustang.
You are not understanding a couple of crucial points in ordering the Pro in 2022 MY. @hturnerfamily is correct in that he is one of the very few if not only Pro retail orders in GA. States like Georgia , Alabama and Mississippi got very few Wave 1 orders. Most of those reservations were prioritized by dealers for customers that were buying higher trim levels. It's a different situation in ZEV states with dealers that got many allocations. My dealer in Alabama has two locations and we got only 2 allocations. Only one of those reservations got a Wave 1 invitation. Keep in mind we are not a small dealer.

Sponsored

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
Do a little math before getting too pi$$ed. FoMoCo communication has been weak but reality is there are >40K 1st day reservations and 15K MY22 trucks. 25K+ 1st day reservation holders are about to get their turn to order with ~10K trucks built in the remainder of ā€˜22, then ~20K trucks in Q1 ā€˜23 so most 1st day reservations should order this year. Q2 & Q3 ā€˜23 should be about 60K trucks produced so MY ā€˜23 should come in around 90K trucks built, for about 110K total Lightnings up to the MY ā€˜24 transition. At that point things will be humming along at about 40K trucks per quarter. It will be interesting to see how many of the 200K reservations actually convert to orders to get things on an even keel.
Most first day reservations SHOULD be ordered this yearā€¦ā€¦except they wonā€™t because F has to play games with ZEV and dealer prioritization slots.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
You are not understanding a couple of crucial points in ordering the Pro in 2022 MY. @hturnerfamily is correct in that he is one of the very few if not only Pro retail orders in GA. States like Georgia , Alabama and Mississippi got very few Wave 1 orders. Most of those reservations were prioritized by dealers for customers that were buying higher trim levels. It's a different situation in ZEV states with dealers that got many allocations. My dealer in Alabama has two locations and we got only 2 allocations. Only one of those reservations got a Wave 1 invitation. Keep in mind we are not a small dealer.
I understand perfectly well. With 153 dealers in Georgia, he is not the only Pro. If half of those got a Wave 1 invitation (just using your 1 of 2 example), 76 Wave 1 invites in Gerogia went out. There is no way 75 other Wave 1 orders out of 76 in Georgia did not order a Pro. Is he 1 of 5 or 1 of 10, probably...but he's not the only one.

I get how ZEV and allocation work, it's been discussed many time on these forums.

JSJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra. Model Y and Lightning on order
Who all put in orders this week? Any predictions on delivery times? Over under 2022/2023?

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I understand perfectly well. With 153 dealers in Georgia, he is not the only Pro. If half of those got a Wave 1 invitation (just using your 1 of 2 example), 76 Wave 1 invites in Gerogia went out. There is no way 75 other Wave 1 orders out of 76 in Georgia did not order a Pro. Is he 1 of 5 or 1 of 10, probably...but he's not the only one.

I get how ZEV and allocation work, it's been discussed many time on these forums.
you might make some points, but @TaxmanHog, who has some terrific 'non-scientific' spreadsheets can probably shed his own light on what his thoughts are here. While we only see ONE Lightning Pro in GA, ONE in Alabama, ONE in North Carolina, etc., you start to get the idea that the numbers are not big, and since I would imagine that most any excited potential EV Truck buyer would be involved in some of these forums, and certainly willing to provide their own order details, we would see more - but, we don't.

I saw ONE Pro, in person, in Florida, just landed at a dealer, several months ago.
Next to it was a Lariat, same color.

Most dealers don't have a PRO, they have a Lariat or Platinum. If you look online at some to the dealer websites, or even cars.com, etc., you see very few, if any, dealers listing their DEMO as a PRO trim.

You're right, though, there may be some, but there's no data to confirm it. Unless Ford tells us the numbers, and what states they shipped to, we may never know until we actually lay our eyes on one.

One overriding thought is that is possible that most PROs actually went to FLEET buyers, used in some type of business, or maybe even to car rental companies, or the equipment rental companies. I believe that's why we saw very little 'retail' production in these forums during the late June time frame - production of Pros for fleets during several weeks, before retail PROs started production in July.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
you might make some points, but @TaxmanHog, who has some terrific 'non-scientific' spreadsheets can probably shed his own light on what his thoughts are here. While we only see ONE Lightning Pro in GA, ONE in Alabama, ONE in North Carolina, etc., you start to get the idea that the numbers are not big, and since I would imagine that most any excited potential EV Truck buyer would be involved in some of these forums, and certainly willing to provide their own order details, we would see more - but, we don't.

I saw ONE Pro, in person, in Florida, just landed at a dealer, several months ago.
Next to it was a Lariat, same color.
Ok, I'm understanding what you are staying now. You have only seen 1 Pro in Georgia, and because that's all you've seen you think you're the only one.

Got it.

šŸ‘
Sponsored