• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What Features Do You Want to See In Next Gen Lightning?

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
better software and app integration. the truck is already awesome!
Sponsored

Danoby2

First Name
Danoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning XLT
Occupation
Sales
I wrote to Ford and suggested a Solar outlet integrated within the tailgate's array of outlets. If you wanted to carry an industrial home size solar panel or any solar panel in the truck bed the purpose would be to use the trickle charge to help maintain battery temp vs using the main battery. Any surplus would then go to the main battery. Very help suggestion say in cold climates where Lightning owners are already parking their trucks outside. Why not use some of that sun to generate a bit of heat?🤷‍♂️

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
I wrote to Ford and suggested a Solar outlet integrated within the tailgate's array of outlets. If you wanted to carry an industrial home size solar panel or any solar panel in the truck bed the purpose would be to use the trickle charge to help maintain battery temp vs using the main battery. Any surplus would then go to the main battery. Very help suggestion say in cold climates where Lightning owners are already parking their trucks outside. Why not use some of that sun to generate a bit of heat?🤷‍♂️
I never use the sunroof, and it is a potential source of leaks. I suggest an option to substitute a solar panel for the sunroof. Maybe it would keep the Low Voltage battery charged. 😂 A solar panel bed cover would also be nice.

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
Include hardware/wiring for almost every feature. I’d like to have the option of paying for options via software unlock after initial purchase.

Newton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW e-Golf, Lariat SR, Kia EV6, Toyota T-100
Faster charging Thats really all that would make me think of upgrading. They could also make it lower, it is insanely high to get stuff in and out of the bed.

Other small stuff
  • Show current charging rate on the screen. Better yet, a screen that shows all the information on CarScanner Pro - ideally one that I can configure.
  • EV useful screens. I'd like to know my current miles/kWh relative to my average, a graph for the last hour, the actual kWh used currently by propulsion/climate/conditioning/accessories, and a graph for the voltage. Copy Rivian.
  • Improved routing information with chargers and their current status, state of charge at arrival, etc, , Just copy Tesla.
  • Light color headliner for the Lariat. Please keep the option to delete the sunroof, they don't work for what I do.
  • Four pockets in the bed rather than two.
  • Maybe air suspension, but it would probably be too expensive.
  • Charge ports on both sides.

I'm actually getting used to the shifter knob but I do always wonder if it is going to come back up. I wouldn't mind the *ability* to set it on the screen but for gosh sakes keep a physical control somehow. Column shifters like my first Ford would be nice.
Sponsored