• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What is your electricity rate?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Tom..are you national grid? I figured .13 cents per kWh..but I DID NOT include the basic service charge since that is a static cost. Maybe I need to look closer..did NG raise the rates while I wasn't looking.

On a related note..our solar anniversary just rolled by..we produced 100% of our electric bill+ 1500 KwH extra. That would be enough for about 3600 "free" miles in the Lightning. I can't wait...
Actually just got a new bill and redid the math - back down to 13.1c/kWhr. Must have been a fluke month.
Sponsored

watchdoc

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Leaf SV+, 2016 Ram Big Horn
Occupation
watchmaker
Mine is 9.414 cents per kilowatt or roughly 10 cents a kilowatt after taxes. Local utility company has a lame ass Net Metering policy and no Time of Use rate.

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
I just licensed (Single Total Payment) 21,160 Annual KWH of Solar Production (46 panels) at my energy cooperative's farm for $21,160.

This matches my 100% of my estimated annual usage based on the last three years. The Cooperative is responsible for all costs of operation and insurance coverage.

The total estimated production over their 25 year warranty would be 529,000 kwh equaling a set rate of $0.04/kwh not adjusted for inflation or loss of efficiency. These commercial Hanwha Q.PEAK DUO-G8+ series panels are efficiency warranted for 25 years at less than 1/2% per year to a maximum of 15% after 25 years. The cooperative is expected to upgrade the panels over time and amortize the costs. About half of the panels are sunlight-tracking models.

The amount of money credited to my monthly bill will be the wholesale value of production minus an operations and maintenance debit. The current average net return on my bill is $0.05/kwh which is credit against my retail rate of about $0.10/kwh.

Because of inflation and the rising cost of electricity this 5 cent gap should narrow over time.

In addition, I am credited every year for the market value of my Solar Renewable Energy Credits (SRECs) (1/1,000 kwh licensed). The value of an SREC, like a stock, is tradeable, and it fluctuates according to the supply and demand of SRECs in a state's market. Currently, SRECs are selling for anywhere between $5 and $500, depending on the state energy market.

Prior to my purchase I researched the alternative installation at my home but the configuration of my east-west-facing roof could not accommodate the required 1,000 square feet of panels. And the cost of purchase and installation was prohibitive, even with the 26% federal tax credit (which I could not use this year). Also, since net metering rates are so low in my state and I could not use all of the predicted hourly production, I would have to also buy battery storage in addition to my "Lightning Battery" ($10,000/10 kw).

The best parts of this arrangement are I am now about as "carbon-neutral as possible (not counting the 25 acres of old-growth oak trees on my farm) and by prepaying my electric use for the next 25 years my financial returns are tax free.

Reactions: GDN

FinsNBolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Ford F-150 Lightning What is your electricity rate? 1651591715638

My current energy rates.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
1651591715638.png

My current energy rates.
Why would anyone chose TOU with that plan? Off-peak is higher than the standard rate!

My electric company has a similar issue (but not as bad) and looking at my usage, it would cost significantly more to go to TOU for us.

Sponsored

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
I'm in Vancouver Washington and my current rate is .10/kwh including taxes and fees. I'm not sure if there is any kind of off peak program available to EV owners yet. I'll look into it more when I actually get to place an order...

OP
OP
Roy2001

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
I'm in Vancouver Washington and my current rate is .10/kwh including taxes and fees. I'm not sure if there is any kind of off peak program available to EV owners yet. I'll look into it more when I actually get to place an order...
I don't understand why it is so expensive in our area. The price in Hawaii is higher but I could understand.

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
"I don't understand why it is so expensive in our area. "

Gee, I don't know... maybe lawsuits against power company, legislation moving generation out of state, TAXES? Dunno.

Clickbeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Why would anyone chose TOU with that plan? Off-peak is higher than the standard rate!
I laughed too but it looks like there's yet another cheaper tier in TOU, "Super off-peak" that is 6cents-ish. Weird naming...

EdRudy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Lightning ER Iced Blue Silver
Occupation
IT
My rate is 0.15058 per kWh all in, with all taxes, fees, service charge... Northern Virginia area.

Sponsored

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
11 cents/kwr all day every day Hot Springs, AR

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
I pay $.05 midnight-6am EV rate then 6am-8am on peak rate of $.27/kWH all other hours are .08/kWh.
Sponsored