• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What is your electricity rate?

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Winter ev rate: .10 (peak .15)

Summer ev rate: .12 (peak .32)

Sacramento with SMUD with 5.1 solar system.

Will be charging two EVs when f150 comes.

Over the course of the year, I would we expect to pay a little ... With one EV, Ive got a 120 dollar credit.
Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Yes, National Grid. Rate went up a bit sometime in the last few months (was surprised when I did the math a few weeks ago). They hide it well with all of the crazy breakdowns they do.
Good to know. Last year(when calculating our solar payback) it was 13.3c/KwH. This just makes solar look better and better.

I'm waiting to see if any remnants of the BBB can pass Congress(or any climate bill for that matter). Buried in the climate provisions were a 10yr extension of the solar credits. As it stands now solar credits phase out after 2023. If we get a Lightning and my wife gets an EV then we may try to go all out on solar. About 75% of our roof is covered now..will cover our home power plus about 3600mi of EV usage. Would like to see if we can cover most of our anticipated EV needs via solar

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
Georgia Power is running about 11cents per kwh, although round up to 12cents overall after taxes and other 'monthly' fees...

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
My rate is simple. 8¢/kwh generation and 8¢/kwh distribution, etc. This is for western PA near Pittsburgh. Out in countryside it’s a little less.

tkittlitz

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14Ram1500ED, 20FordEscapeHybrid, 22LightningOrder
In the winter when I use more than I generate on my Solar panels I pay $0.0830 cents per kWh (Canadian).

In the summer when I generate more power than I use - I get paid at a rate of $0.2585 cents per kWh.

Sponsored

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
Wow! I went from 6.3 cents to 9 cents per KWH. I thought 9 cents was high but some of the rates I see in this thread make me feel lucky

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
TVA is 11cents any time, but they pay me 14cents for all my solar production. Ahead by hundreds of $, haven’t paid a light bill or bought gasoline in years.

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 RR Sport HSE
We have 2 places here in Washington with the Seattle area being a flat $0.10252 per KWh which is pretty low. In Central Washington area though, we are looking at $0.027 per KWh.

So while Seattle is still pretty low on energy costs nationally, Central Washington is basically dirt cheap. The best aspect of this is that 90% of the power production is hydroelectric with the other 10% coming from Wind/Nuclear/Small-Scale Solar (house installs). With energy costs the way it is, Solar installs in Central Washington as a result are pretty minimal even though the area gets great solar exposure. Its really because Washington produces a third of all hydro-electric power in the country.
If you want to know though...
table5_a.pdf (eia.gov)

Last edited:

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
Our electricity is 0.51 per day connection fee, and probably 2 to 4 dollars a month in other fees plus about 0.19 per kWh. When charging EVs the rate from 9pm to 1pm is about 0.145 per kWh. We were part of a solar CSA (group grid tied net metering) where we were paying for 4 percent of the output of a 200mw solar array. This essentially wiped out our electric bill, but the CSA was sold to a green non-profit farm. In Vermont out net metering credits expire a year after they are generated, so for the past two months there has been no bill from to he electric company or the CSA. We just had our roof redone a couple weeks ago and are having solar panels installed later this spring/summer. If we overproduce we will consider it a green contribution to the community, though we may get a high efficiency hear pump installed in the house and use that for more of our heating and cooling needs in the future.

Sponsored

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
Time of Use is generally the best time to charge an EV no matter the cost. Shift what you can like water heater or hot tub to laundry during that time frame.

My TOU is a bit higher since I don't use much power. The rolling costs keep it on average 10 cents KWH. I have another house that is set month to month currently at 18 cents KWH. Hope to move to either TOU something like free nights and weekends deal.

The TOU tends to be better for the power companies.

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
I'm also on PG&E but in Monterey. No A/C and I have a solar system. The advantage of the solar even is that we generate enough to keep us inside the tier 1 rates on your chart (0.29 for offpeak and .30 for part peak in the winter) , and I don't pay peak rates. First few years of owning the system we never paid an annual true-up but the last two years with everyone at home and 4-5 computers running during the day I've had to pay a true-up cost. It's only been a few hundred dollars, about what we could have paid for a big month prior to solar install. I think after 7 years they have more than paid for themselves.

kenfaber62

First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford f150 STX
Occupation
retired
I live in El Dorado County, near Sacramento in Northern California. PG&E rate is terribly high.
I have never lived in CA, but I've come to understand that living there is like living with a really hot chick who is ultra-high maintenance. Except now that hot girl is in her mid 40s and the bloom is a bit off the rose - with homeless encampments, lack of law enforcement, high taxes, high cost of living etc. Kind of an Amber Turd type of situation. I live in GA and my marginal rate is 9 cents a kwh. I wouldn't kick Amber Turd out for eating crackers in bed, but I would if she dropped a deuce in my bed.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
~$0.25/kWh in MA. There's no off peak discount.
Sponsored