• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What is your electricity rate?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
National Grid Mass delivery rate $0.144 / kwh
CONSTELLATION NEW ENERGY $0.105 / kwh
---------------------------------------------
Total cost = $0.249 /kwh
Sponsored

WoodduckMN

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Chevy Bolt, 2013 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Manager
.06 off peak, .21 peak OR $26.50 unlimited off peak subscription/month. I just switched to the $26.50 unlimited off peak.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
National Grid Mass delivery rate $0.144 / kwh
CONSTELLATION NEW ENERGY $0.105 / kwh
---------------------------------------------
Total cost = $0.249 /kwh

Yup. :mad:

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
PG&E is a rip off! Especially in Eldorado County. I’m in El Dorado County and so thankful I’m with Liberty Utilities at 12-16 cents for off and on peak for summer. It’s better to charge my Tesla off peak at a supercharger for 24 cents Kw than to charge it at my parents house in El Dorado County where they have PG&E.

Sponsored

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
TVA is 11cents any time, but they pay me 14cents for all my solar production. Ahead by hundreds of $, haven’t paid a light bill or bought gasoline in years.
Not bad. Baltimore. 8¢ (2022) base, add fees 13¢. we get paid out for solar overage with billing ending in April. I only get 6.970¢. for past year.
time of use not applicable if you use net metering.

they do offer time of use for ev charging with specific chargers.
90% of home charging must be done at off peak. + 50/yr bill credit

Ford F-150 Lightning What is your electricity rate? E977A91A-C557-438D-AD5B-2A3C84DFDD39

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
$0.10 kW here in San Antonio. No TOU, no choosing a service provider, all City Public Service.

millim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning, P*2, XC90, 1964.5 Mustang,
Damn I love California.

I’m with SCE and was on a NEM 1.0 rate. They forced me to move to either a new TOU or the “Domestic” plan, and calculations (before both of our EVs) said Domestic was better given our solar generation and usage patterns.

We’re at $.28 for the first 339kWh, then $.36 unless we get into high usage (not sure what that is), which then becomes $.45.

Can’t wait for them to pass NEM 3.0 and start charging me $8/mo/kWH of solar panels on my roof for the privilege of having solar.

Easycamper

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 XLT 5.0L, 2018 PacHy, 2013 Volt
On TOU rates averaging 16 cents/kWh in Ontario, Canada.

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
I'm in East Texas and my rate with all the extras added is 0.112 cents per KW. And then I get a refund back of 0.5.55 cents per KW sent back to the grid based on my 26 ground mounted solar panels. My bill is usually about $160 with the one electric car that I currently have until my lightning comes in.

Sponsored

dirtdiver

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Superduty F350, F150L 2022 Larait, Volt, R1200GS
Occupation
Engineer
I live in El Dorado County, near Sacramento in Northern California. PG&E rate is terribly high.

If I choose to stay with tiered plan, lowest price is 31c/kWh, during winter I would use a lot of electricity at 39c/kWh. During summer I would definitely use a lot at 49c/kWh due to 100F for weeks.

PG&E is moving us to TOU, time of use plan. With TOU, the lowest would be 33c/kWh off peak during summer.

PG&E provides EV plan for residents with EV's, which is completely a joke. 12am-3am price is 24.5c/pKw for us to charge EV or battery, the they charge 56c/kWh when we need to use electricity.

Given that EV charge is on top of regular usage, my Lightning would be charged at 40-50c/kWh, which makes it costs 25c/mile, that equals to $5/gal gas cost. It makes me thinking that I should sell Lightning next year when price is right and replace it with a ICE F150 if I don't already have solar installed.

How can we get rid of this garbage company?

1st picture is for EV rate. 2nd picture is for regular rate, either Tiered or TOU rate.

pg1.JPG

pg2.JPG
That is a rip off but we are similar in San Diego. Ive got solar and plenty of it. Right now they make me pay $10/mo even if I use no electricity. They are talking about raising that to $60/mo even if I dont use any electricity. Im wondering where it makes sense for me to go with power wall and disconnect from utility(?).

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
Northeast Oklahoma. Base rate is about $0.077 per KWh (depending on the power factor adjustment). Average all in including service fee plus taxes is about $0.09 KWh (summer when we are using more electricity) to $0.11 KWh (winter when electricity usage is down and gas usage is up). No peak charges for us.

vacasity

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning 2022 XLT
I'm also on PG&E but in Monterey. No A/C and I have a solar system. The advantage of the solar even is that we generate enough to keep us inside the tier 1 rates on your chart (0.29 for offpeak and .30 for part peak in the winter) , and I don't pay peak rates. First few years of owning the system we never paid an annual true-up but the last two years with everyone at home and 4-5 computers running during the day I've had to pay a true-up cost. It's only been a few hundred dollars, about what we could have paid for a big month prior to solar install. I think after 7 years they have more than paid for themselves.
I'm from Salinas and just had Solar installed in November, we anticipated getting a Lightning and really over built our system. So far we are having credits with PG&E and its not even middle of summer. Hopefully the trend continues and won't have to pay to charge the Lightning. I did run a cost annalysis on our PG&E rates vs gas and it was pretty close to no cost savings with all current pricing.
Sponsored