• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

When does wave 4 MY2023 start?

OP
OP

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
They said they weren't going to be canceling reservations if you choose to wait. How do we think that's going to be handled when they've invited everyone by next summer and there's still 100k people waiting on PRO/XLT model?
Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
They said they weren't going to be canceling reservations if you choose to wait. How do we think that's going to be handled when they've invited everyone by next summer and there's still 100k people waiting on PRO/XLT model?
They will just allow people to sit and wait.

People will have to keep checking to see if a Pro/XLT is available to order. I also don't think 100k are waiting for Pro/XLT. I bet 100k are waiting for Pro with 20k of those willing to take an XLT if they can't get a Pro. Eventually people will want their deposit back and cancel. That's my guess.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Tim Bartz confirmed in his video from last night that his dealership has 12 invites showing for wave 4 expected to happen this week. He said they got 9 invites for Wave 3 a month ago so this is good news. Looks like they are ramping up invites. Just hope it's not like the Maverick where now 80K people have an order but it takes 12 months or more to get built.

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator

Sponsored

RickE

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Did you get one already? What's available?
If I remember correctly, MY2023 wave 3 invites received a text message first. Then the emails went out. Has anyone received a text from Ford today?

OP
OP

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Nothing my way, but not a good gauge as I "shouldn't" be getting one for a while yet. If the allocations are ramping up that will be encouraging. I need to ping my dealer and see if I can get an update on theirs.

shadycoh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
I would log on your ford.com account and see if you can order

I ordered my truck 4 hours before I got the email

EaganSmash

First Name
Eavan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Got a call from my dealer this morning that myself and 2 others should have invites to order, been checking my email and ford account all day... Nothing yet.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I got a text message from Ford to order at 5pm on the dot in Wave 3 last month. Good luck everyone

Sponsored

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
  • 23MY Wave 4 invites plans to open on October 13th; selected customers will be notified via email with an invite to order.

INFORMATION
23MY F-150 Lightning Ordering Update Broadcast & Information

ACTION REQUESTED
  • Watch the 23MY F-150 Lightning Ordering Plan Update Broadcast to learn key information your dealership should know as you convert your remaining F-150 Lightning reservation holders.
  • Please review and share the 23MY F-150 Lighting Ordering Update information below with your dealership team.
23MY F-150 LIGHTNING RESERVATION-TO-ORDER
  • 23MY F-150 Lightning continues the Wave Ordering Approach to minimize order-to-delivery times and allow flexibility to adapt to production impacts due to supply chain constraints.
  • 23MY F-150 Lightning will continue to leverage both online & offline reservation to order conversion.
  • Ford is prioritizing reservation holders prior to any open retail ordering or stock units.
  • During each 23MY wave invitation ordering period, available configurations, pricing, and estimated delivery timing is subject to change until time of order.
  • Each wave ordering period intends to target the upcoming 2-3 months of production.
  • Depending on ordering demand during each wave, available configurations may be shut off in real-time once targeted production volumes are met for that wave period. Reservation holders are highly encouraged to order as soon as possible when each wave ordering period opens to ensure the best chance of ordering their desired configuration.
  • All remaining reservation holders will be invited to convert to an order by Summer 2023.
  • All invited reservation holders will continue to be able to submit an order in subsequent waves if they do not convert to an order in the wave in which they are initially eligible to order.
  • There is no “extend my reservation” option for unavailable configurations for 23MY. If a reservation holder desires a current unavailable configuration, they can wait until future wave ordering periods to see if that configuration becomes available.
  • Any unconverted reservation holders will not be canceled until final 23MY wave ordering is completed in late Summer 2023. All unconverted reservations will be cancelled after the final August 31st, 2023 deadline.
  • Late Summer 2023 is forecasted to be the first retail ordering opportunity for non-reservation holders.
23MY F-150 LIGHTNING PRODUCTION
  • As previously communicated, production volume is targeted to ramp up to a run-rate of 150,000 per annum by end of 2023CY.
  • 23MY production is currently planned from October 2022 to November 2023.
  • 23MY production run-rate is forecasted to ramp up significantly towards late Summer 2023; approx. 70% of production is forecasted to be in the final 4 months of 23MY production.
  • There will be no published dealership-level production guide available for 23MY F-150 Lightning.
  • A dealers’ production is dependent on their reservation conversion rates. Any 23MY converted retail orders in WBDO are intended to be fulfilled for production scheduling (within available commodities).
  • Dealers with remaining reservation holders will be prioritized prior to new retail ordering and stock units.
UPCOMING 23MY F-150 LIGHTNING WAVE INVITATIONS
  • 23MY Wave 4 invites plans to open on October 13th; selected customers will be notified via email with an invite to order.
  • F-150 Lightning Pro series is now sold out for 23MY retail orders.
  • Prior to each invitation wave, the Ford.com online configurator will be updated to provide directional ETA’s of vehicle delivery timing based on the availability of each configuration.
  • Each dealer will earn an amount of invitations for each wave based on their SoN % versus total invitations sent nationally.
  • Each wave invitation period volume will vary based on total national invitations sent to fulfill the future production period forecasted requirements.
  • Ford will go in reservation list order to invite the next available reservation holders at each dealership.
  • Dealers will be able to confirm the list of reservation holders for their dealership in each wave directly prior to each specific wave via the ROVP site.
  • There is no further dealer prioritization actions available.
Model e CERTIFICATION IMPACT
  • A dealer’s Model e certification decision has no impact on 23MY F-150 Lightning reservation-to-order plan.
  • Any 23MY F-150 Lightning converted reservation to retail order will be honored and fulfilled for production regardless of the dealer’s Model e certification decision.
  • 23MY production scheduling is prior to any Model e certification programs taking effect starting in 2024CY.
  • 24MY F-150 Lightning ordering and production plan will be communicated at a later date.

cjb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat SR, 2016 Mazda CX-9
Has anyone actually gotten a wave 4 order in yet?

Jaspernuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 mustang
Doesn't look like wave 4 went out today. Maybe next week!
Sponsored