• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Where will your Lightning strike?

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
While I'm waiting on some work to process I tend to just refresh these forums over and over or head to abetterrouteplanner.com and look at random destinations. Got me thinking: where is everyone excited to take their Lightning to? What fun things are you wanting to do with it?

We have two boys, 5 and 3. We want to wait another year or two for Disney. We're thinking about maybe heading from SW Missouri to Virginia, taking Blue Ridge, etc. and doing some camping. Maybe head to New England in the fall to annoy the locals.
Sponsored

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
I'm looking forward to taking mine up to Mt. Hood for skiing and tailgating. I'm thinking I could take some frozen foods and an electric air fryer for tailgating eats!

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Vancouver and Whistler B.C. !!! Most likely the week I pick up the Lightning in May.

This will be a good road trip test from So Cal to Canada, no towing though.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Haven't really picked destinations yet since I am likely a 2023 Truck (planning trips in the Wife's Mach-e for 2022). Would love to use it to take my Daughter to college if it is here in time.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
I'll be putting a bed rack and roof top tent on the bed and heading to the mountains. Of course I won't be taking it to any challenging off road trails but I can get to most campsites with the truck unmodified.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant
Haven't really picked destinations yet since I am likely a 2023 Truck (planning trips in the Wife's Mach-e for 2022). Would love to use it to take my Daughter to college if it is here in time.
What a good dad! I had to make two trips in a packed Focus back in '01.

DadBald

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Honda Odyssey, 2013 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Energy Engineer
Mine will be homebound mostly (around my hometown). We want to do some long cross-country trips with a popup, but I don't think it will be practical with an EV towing yet. Probably use the van for that. However, we may take the pop-up with the lightning around our home state. I figure we can get mostly anywhere in Michigan with one charge stop from where we're at. Then if we're staying a few days, can charge for the home trip from the campsite.

We might take it to a relatives place in Wisconsin. It's a 6-hr drive depending on Chicago traffic.

Otherwise there's potential of me traveling the state of Michigan for site visits for work. Just day trips, nothing too exciting.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
What a good dad! I had to make two trips in a packed Focus back in '01.
If the Lightning isn't here, my trusty 2016 XLT will get the job done.

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
Mine will be the road trip picking it up from Granger to come home. But I look forward to taking it camping and kayaking. It will be so nice to finally have a truck, let alone one with so many electrical outlets!

YankeeCP

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR Lightning
Can’t wait to have it at the ball field during long summer games and tournaments for the kids

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
To work and back. Over and over and over again.

OP
OP

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
We love going to northern MI, so I look forward to seeing how it will do in some snowy drives and just being in nature with no engine noise. I also expect to get a good feel for it on one of our semi-frequent, at least before COVID, trips between our home and Indianapolis. We have a lot of friends/family there and like the area. It's a trip I know extremely well, so any time I get a new vehicle I like to compare the trip comfort.

My current '21 has been the best by far. My 2019 F-150 Lariat was great, but a combination of the nicer ride of the '21, lane centering and intelligent adaptive cruise, and higher MPG from the PB made the most recent trip a winner. The Lightning has heavy competition but I think it is up for the challenge.

Villageidit

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 1500, 2008 Honda Element,
Occupation
Retired
Mine will be the road trip picking it up from Granger to come home. But I look forward to taking it camping and kayaking. It will be so nice to finally have a truck, let alone one with so many electrical outlets!
Mine too, then it will be my around town vehicle. Plan to keep my ICE truck for long trips. The wife doesn't want to get rid of it yet. Plus I plan on ordering the Pro so the creature comforts won't quite match the current one.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
Even if you can find a 150kW capable charging station, it still takes 40+ minutes to charge from 15-80%. You need to carefully plan the trip.

Have both F150 and a Tesla on order. F150 would be around the town and the Tesla for road trip.
Sponsored