• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Winter is Coming... Any news on heated steering wheel retrofit module?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tubby

First Name
Press
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
IT
Hopefully, they can try to combine it with the Recall on the rear light bar in the 4th quarter so we only have to bring it to the dealer 1 time.

Jim657

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning Lariat , 22 Mach E GT
I was told by my dealer it all depends on how much your delete was so for instance, my delete was the $175 and I believe the other one is $25 or $50 if it’s the lower amount you’ll get the refit if it’s the higher one you won’t. From what I can gather the smaller amount it’s just the wheel replacement. i’m from Canada, so these are Canadian prices.

Ford F-150 Lightning Winter is Coming...  Any news on heated steering wheel retrofit module? IMG_3677

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
Did XLT ever have the heated steering wheel? i cannot remember. Not on my window sticker but it seems like there was a delete at some point.

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
Did XLT ever have the heated steering wheel? i cannot remember. Not on my window sticker but it seems like there was a delete at some point.
The 312A package did, I would like to get a hold of that HVAC control cluster and look to get the heated wheel in mine.

Sponsored

N0v0w3ls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
The last I read, Ford was targeting Q2 2023 to announce a Field Service Action for the retrofit. Obviously it's July now so that didn't happen... The update to the dealer communication regarding the heated steering wheel for Lightning was from February.

viennaxmas

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
It seems recently built trucks do have the heated steering wheel. Mine has a 6/15 blend date and there is no removal for heated steering wheel. Just for the security system. Initially, it had the heated steering wheel removal listed but that disappeared.

Eric22

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning lariat extended range
So basically I bought a truck for 88 grand and I'm getting shafted by no retrofit because my delete option was 175 bucks? That's terrible and unacceptable I actually walked into the dealership earlier this week and was told there is no retrofitt what's even better is I called ford customer service to confirm this and was referred back to my salesman. At this point I guess I'm beat love the truck dissatisfied with how ford is handling this .

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
So basically I bought a truck for 88 grand and I'm getting shafted by no retrofit because my delete option was 175 bucks? That's terrible and unacceptable I actually walked into the dealership earlier this week and was told there is no retrofitt what's even better is I called ford customer service to confirm this and was referred back to my salesman. At this point I guess I'm beat love the truck dissatisfied with how ford is handling this .
Same situation here. What a load of crap. For such a simple item that has been on F-150 trucks for the past decade, this is a big miss for a simple item by Ford. I want my heated steering. I get the chip shortage at the time - Fix it and do us right by the truck.

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
So can @Ford Motor Company clarify this for us? We have the paper about the FSA in the future.

Sponsored

bubbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT
May 23 build Canadian XLT 312A, mine came with heated steering wheel, it's not listed on the window sticker but it's there and works.

Also not listed on the window sticker are other 312A goodies like powered tailgate, zone lighting, 9.6kw onboard, LED box lightning, tailgate step and more.

OP
OP

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
I was told by my dealer it all depends on how much your delete was so for instance, my delete was the $175 and I believe the other one is $25 or $50 if it’s the lower amount you’ll get the refit if it’s the higher one you won’t. From what I can gather the smaller amount it’s just the wheel replacement. i’m from Canada, so these are Canadian prices.

IMG_3677.jpeg
Going back to this, I have the letter saying that the heated wheel will be a retrofit and it states that it was a $50 USD credit. However on my window sticker the actual credit is $140 or $150. No one at Ford seems to know anything and tells me just to talk to my dealership. Dealership finally got a response from Ford saying that they (Ford) are unable to advise on this matter at this time.

it seems those with the cheaper credit amount on their window stickers, of which I have never actually seen In the wild, are only missing the module that plugs in on the underside of the steering column. Those with the higher credit amount on their window sticker, most everyone, will need that module as well as a steering wheel replacement as our wheels do not contain the heating element.

Dealership is telling me that the module is inexpensive and will happily order one and install for me, but they don’t seem to be available to order at this time. The steering wheel is available to order but expensive.

My guess is that Ford will just quietly sweep this under the rug unless enough of us keep pressing on them. My dealership wants an official answer from them because they’re on the hook to give me a heated steering wheel. There’s a note in my deal to acknowledge I only followed through with the purchase of the truck with deleted features because the heated wheel was to be retrofitted later. That was the advice they were given from Ford at that time. They’re not obligated to give it to me for free and I don’t expect them to. We just want official guidance from Ford. If it’s going to be a $1500 retrofit after a new steering wheel and other parts, we want to know and they’ll work with me on that. If Ford can’t make it happen, they can buy the truck back because they promised me a heated steering wheel. The dealership will assist me with that too. Push for a buy-back over not having a heated wheel? Damn right…. I 100% would not have bought this truck if I was told it could not be added later and my purchase agreement acknowledges that.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
This is exactly why I bought a 2022 demo instead of a 2023 with deletes.

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
Going back to this, I have the letter saying that the heated wheel will be a retrofit and it states that it was a $50 USD credit. However on my window sticker the actual credit is $140 or $150. No one at Ford seems to know anything and tells me just to talk to my dealership. Dealership finally got a response from Ford saying that they (Ford) are unable to advise on this matter at this time.

it seems those with the cheaper credit amount on their window stickers, of which I have never actually seen In the wild, are only missing the module that plugs in on the underside of the steering column. Those with the higher credit amount on their window sticker, most everyone, will need that module as well as a steering wheel replacement as our wheels do not contain the heating element.

Dealership is telling me that the module is inexpensive and will happily order one and install for me, but they don’t seem to be available to order at this time. The steering wheel is available to order but expensive.

My guess is that Ford will just quietly sweep this under the rug unless enough of us keep pressing on them. My dealership wants an official answer from them because they’re on the hook to give me a heated steering wheel. There’s a note in my deal to acknowledge I only followed through with the purchase of the truck with deleted features because the heated wheel was to be retrofitted later. That was the advice they were given from Ford at that time. They’re not obligated to give it to me for free and I don’t expect them to. We just want official guidance from Ford. If it’s going to be a $1500 retrofit after a new steering wheel and other parts, we want to know and they’ll work with me on that. If Ford can’t make it happen, they can buy the truck back because they promised me a heated steering wheel. The dealership will assist me with that too. Push for a buy-back over not having a heated wheel? Damn right…. I 100% would not have bought this truck if I was told it could not be added later and my purchase agreement acknowledges that.
This would work out for you because you'd be able to get one this year with a heated steering wheel for $15k less.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Status
Not open for further replies.