• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

YouTube Streaming Decoder Artifacts

Levi8than

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lightning lariat
Occupation
Electrics Engineer
Curious if others have seen this issue. If yes, then it's likely systemic or a software issue. If no, then I guess I should schedule a date with my local dealership.
My streaming free-pass is about to expire, and I believe I lose the ability to stream even over my own WiFi when that happens, but even so, I'd like to know the hardware isn't faulty.

See the green lines on the right side of the screen when displaying the video? These sort of jump around during playback. Doesn't much matter what video I choose to watch. Have other experienced this?
Ford F-150 Lightning YouTube Streaming Decoder Artifacts 1687910344309
Sponsored

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I believe I lose the ability to stream even over my own WiFi when that happens
I haven’t experienced the artifacts.

I haven’t used my Ford Streaming trial. You can stream on home Wi-Fi and, supposedly, open public Wi-Fi. If there’s a way to use an iPhone as a hotspot via Wi-Fi, I haven’t figured it out yet. I hope there’s a way to do that.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I used mine yesterday morning while charging at EA, worked perfectly the hour that I was there.
I'm now on the paid streaming plan at $10 a month.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
Yes I have seen that before on many devices, its usually from low streaming speeds and the software is adjusting to a lower bit rate. I bought a iPhone for my wife and it came with a free iPad with $10 a month data service from Verizon. I keep it in the truck to use as a hot spot and it works great,

OP
OP

Levi8than

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lightning lariat
Occupation
Electrics Engineer
Yes I have seen that before on many devices...
I appreciate the response, but I disagree. If that were the case, I'd see resolution issues and color-banding across the entire screen. I'm not seeing that, this is only on the right side and it's always green, no matter how good the connection is. From the responses, it sounds like others do not have this issue, and I likely have a faulty part.

In to see the service folks, I shall go.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
I appreciate the response, but I disagree. If that were the case, I'd see resolution issues and color-banding across the entire screen. I'm not seeing that, this is only on the right side and it's always green, no matter how good the connection is. From the responses, it sounds like others do not have this issue, and I likely have a faulty part.

In to see the service folks, I shall go.
Yes if it's in the same spot then it's a screen issue.
Sponsored