• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

OEM Running Boards Delaminating

LSP

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Audi e-Tron , Mazda Miata
When I took delivery of my Lariat on 7/25, I noticed that the driver‘s side running board was starting to delaminate around the middle (sorry no pictures). When I brought the truck in today for some various due bill issues, the service advisor noticed that the passenger side was starting to do the same thing as well. We then went into the show room and looked at the mannequin and saw that it was starting to show the signs of delaminating, too. I am waiting to hear back as to what Ford is going to do to fix it.

Anyone else having this issue? And if so, what was/is the resolution?
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Yes, my passenger side is lifting outboard middle section.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
"6 Annoying Issues with My F150 Lightning" by Sevlog on an XLT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVRydSJVRdw
Frunk sticking, Frunk 12Vdc battery cover plastic, de-laminating running board, noises from door and dash, steering wheel OK menu selection button not working.

Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
When I took delivery of my Lariat on 7/25, I noticed that the driver‘s side running board was starting to delaminate around the middle (sorry no pictures). When I brought the truck in today for some various due bill issues, the service advisor noticed that the passenger side was starting to do the same thing as well. We then went into the show room and looked at the mannequin and saw that it was starting to show the signs of delaminating, too. I am waiting to hear back as to what Ford is going to do to fix it.

Yes my driver's side right below the B pillar (center of the running board length). Service manager noticed it and suggested injecting a bit of adhesive and using a clamp to secure it till dry. Haven't gotten around to it yet.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Yes my driver's side right below the B pillar (center of the running board length). Service manager noticed it and suggested injecting a bit of adhesive and using a clamp to secure it till dry. Haven't gotten around to it yet.
This is a new truck. Why didn't the service department do that! I hope you have their direction in writing, if you don't and try it on your own, they can claim it violates the warranty.

OP
OP
LSP

LSP

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Audi e-Tron , Mazda Miata
This is a new truck. Why didn't the service department do that! I hope you have their direction in writing, if you don't and try it on your own, they can claim it violates the warranty.
I agree. My service department immediately said that they were going to reach out to Ford for direction prior to trying anything on their own. And they certainly did not suggest that I try to do something myself.

Sponsored

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
I went out and looked at mine. Both sides have a bit of delaminating right under the B pillar. I guess we’ll see what happens.

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
maybe time to try that aftermarket power option. You lose the lights but they won't look like peeling plastic. Aren't these standard fixed F-150 running boards that they have been using for years? Is this problem on ICE vehicles or are these unique to the lightning?

aquapools

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat and 2018 Ford Lariat
Occupation
Retired
maybe time to try that aftermarket power option. You lose the lights but they won't look like peeling plastic. Aren't these standard fixed F-150 running boards that they have been using for years? Is this problem on ICE vehicles or are these unique to the lightning?
There is no after market deployable running boards available at this time. I've checked online numerous times and the dealers say they are on backorder.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I thought these were unique to the Lightning because they were designed to reduce drag and add the lights.
Sponsored