• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Any Wave 3 MY2023 Lightning order invites yet ?

Jer10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Expedition, Lightning reservation
i reserved as soon as the presentation ended, 5/19

crazy 5/24 folks are in the same wave (congrats btw), but man, Ford's idea of an orderly queue sure is foreign to me
I reserved 15 minutes into the presentation. Haven't received either of the recent emails. This process has been incredibly frustrating.
Sponsored

EVTruckGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
My dealer just confirmed I'm in wave 3 as well. I reserved an XLT. She also told me she had 27 reservations moving on to orders from her dealership alone. Large dealership in Houston. She also said the emails may go out tomorrow.
How did you reserve a specific trim? The original reservations were very generic and didn't allow for a specific trim selection.

bfisher

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F350, 11 Expedition and Lightning Reservation
Occupation
pilot
How did you reserve a specific trim? The original reservations were very generic and didn't allow for a specific trim selection.
i honestly don’t remember the reservation steps but on my ford.com account it says I reserved an xlt

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
I reserved 15 minutes into the presentation. Haven't received either of the recent emails. This process has been incredibly frustrating.
With them giving dealers the ability to prioritize then giving dealers with several hundred reservations 4-5 max 22my while giving ZEV states 60+ is why it's so unbalanced.

Sponsored
OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
With them giving dealers the ability to prioritize then giving dealers with several hundred reservations 4-5 max 22my while giving ZEV states 60+ is why it's so unbalanced.
While ZEV states get more 2022 Lightnings, the major reason is dealer allocations.

More volume truck sales = more allocations.

Being a day 2 reservation holder, my dealer choice made all the difference - even though they are 2 counties away, driving past 5 other small time / low volume dealers.

Jer10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Expedition, Lightning reservation
While ZEV states get more 2022 Lightnings, the major reason is dealer allocations.

Being a day 2 reservation holder, my dealer choice made all the difference - even though they are 2 counties away, driving past 5 other small time / low volume dealers.
I've been following this all pretty closely. All of the "reasons" my number hasn't been called are clear. Doesn't mean I think Ford did any of this right. I understand the need to be profitable and I own a small amount of Ford stock. But at the end of the day, I've been sitting in line watching all the bouncer's friends get into the club while I'm stuck outside.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer

Kinda true, Our largest dealer by volume got the exact same amount as the other local dealers despite being a top f series dealer in the country. I originally was at Granger but moved once it became clear that Ford didn't care that they have several hundred reservations. Ford sent way more to Zev states. There were dealers in wave 7 who got more trucks than the 6 dealers within 30 miles of me got all togetherIn the first six waves.

cdubculvy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline
Early on I pleaded with my dealer to tell me my place in line and they kept telling me "they don't know". Meanwhile people on this forum got that info from their dealer. Now my dealer is able to tell me I'm in wave 3. I didn't have enough info to make the decision to shop to another dealer to get a better place in line. Between the lying (typical) dealer and unfair Ford has all been a crap show.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
I update Post one to include reminders for all new order makers willing to share their build data in the forums official tracker, please note "My version" will only cover model year 2022 production.

Sponsored

RickE

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Early on I pleaded with my dealer to tell me my place in line and they kept telling me "they don't know". Meanwhile people on this forum got that info from their dealer. Now my dealer is able to tell me I'm in wave 3. I didn't have enough info to make the decision to shop to another dealer to get a better place in line. Between the lying (typical) dealer and unfair Ford has all been a crap show.
Agreed! Anything a dealer tells you, they are most likely lying to you.

cdubculvy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline
Agreed! Anything a dealer tells you, they are most likely lying to you.
They are either 1. lying or 2. incorrect. I've bought a dozen new cars in my life and it NEVER fails. People think I'm too pessimistic, well they prove me right time and time and time again.... *sigh*

Don't get me started on their service departments lol. Ask me about the alignment I just corrected myself!

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150, VW Atlas,Fusion
Just got text invitation...ruh roh raggy

Edit: all it does is direct me to login to my reservation and there is no order button yet

bfisher

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F350, 11 Expedition and Lightning Reservation
Occupation
pilot
Just got the text from Ford to start the order process. Here we go

lancersrock

First Name