• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Joneii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla MY
Ah bugger :(

I might just reset the efficiency and start again. I do that from time to time.

Thanks ;) I hover, mostly.
Thank you to everyone who gave me suggestions on how to fix the guess o meter. I did try the EV driving reset, and that did fix it. I now have my full range showing 309 at 100%. It also did not erase any of the data that it learned about my trailer. It says it can do 165 towing the Airstream. I donā€™t think Iā€™ll push that far, but Iā€™m pretty comfortable with 130.

I have Trip 2 calculating the overall efficiency of the vehicle (currently 1.5 mi./ kW after 1100 miles combining 700 miles of towing and 400 miles non-towing). Trip 1 will be used for longer road trips and ā€œThis Tripā€ gives me some idea of how the truck did each drive.

Iā€™m still wondering if anyone knows why my in truck nab wonā€™t show the Electrify America stations. Also, just got OTA 3.5.2, so maybe Pet Mode is coming soon?šŸ˜‰
Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Iā€™m still wondering if anyone knows why my in truck nab wonā€™t show the Electrify America
Electrify America is having some issues with their back-end systems and their stations are not showing up on Ford Nav. This is also why most locations are free of charge. I don't know when this will be fixed. In the meantime you will need to use the EA app or PlugShare to find stations.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
Electrify America is having some issues with their back-end systems and their stations are not showing up on Ford Nav. This is also why most locations are free of charge. I don't know when this will be fixed. In the meantime you will need to use the EA app or PlugShare to find stations.
This would explain why it kept trying to have me go near north-STL to charge and get shot at instead of an EA charger normally available before or after that area.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
This would explain why it kept trying to have me go near north-STL to charge and get shot at instead of an EA charger normally available before or after that area.
May also explain why I couldnā€™t access my complementary charge kWh the last time I used an EA DC fast chargeršŸ¤”. I was forced to use the app, but then the charge session never showed on the EA app, and took a week to show up (with wrong charge times/kWh received) in my FordPass (No kWh deducted from my allowance)ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired Pilot
the estimated miles are irrelevant. your truck isn't going to perform worse because you previously towed an airstream, theres no reason for it to be calculating it that way. fords implementation of range estimates is terrible. I wish they just told me the the # of kWh I have available so I can just multiply it by 2 and know that I have at least 2 mi/kWh to work with on the highway and even more if I slow down or take city streets. much simpler than a garbage calculation.
is there any way to show the remaining kWh remaining on my battery? There has got to be a way to fulfill your wishlist as well as mine. We could easily calculate the total DTE based on our mi/kWh as we drive.

Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
is there any way to show the remaining kWh remaining on my battery? There has got to be a way to fulfill your wishlist as well as mine. We could easily calculate the total DTE based on our mi/kWh as we drive.
SOC% x total capacity to get remaining kWh, multiply that by your current mi/kWh and you're good. put the calculation in a google sheet, then pull that up on your phone so you can modify the SOC and mi/kWh values to get quick results.

Here, make a copy of this (you can't edit mine) and adjust the total capacity if you have an SR

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Last edited:

RedLightning86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (Lariat). 2009 Escape Hybrid.
I had the truck still thinking it was towing, too. I had to plug the trailer in again, then unplug it while the truck was running. That reset it.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I've towed over 20,000 miles of our 40,000 plus miles on my PRO, and yes, the 'reset' from towing 'mode' back to 'regular' truck mode does not always happen - aggravating, yes. It's a simple glitch in the software, and I've learned to ignore the guess-o-meter, anyway, and always default to mi/kwh x battery percentage, if there's any question. oh well. software. what ya gonna do?? : )

OP
OP

Joneii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Since my original post about towing we have done. A lot more towing with the Lightning. I have to say, that while slower and a bit of a pain when we have to drop the trailer, I love towing with the Lightning.

We have an Ecoflow Delta Pro that we keep in the camper for boondocking. This portable battery generator allows us to fully power the camper while en route and anywhere we stop. When we stop to charge the truck, if required, we can simultaneously charge the Delta. This means our fridge is always powered and we can even use the AC if necessary during a charging stop. The AC will drain the Delta in a couple of hours, but the truck has enough juice to run it for days. So camping off grid has gotten a lot more comfortable and quite (no generator necessary).

Now if only we can get more pull-through charging spots and Pet Mode!

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Since my original post about towing we have done. A lot more towing with the Lightning. I have to say, that while slower and a bit of a pain when we have to drop the trailer, I love towing with the Lightning.

We have an Ecoflow Delta Pro that we keep in the camper for boondocking. This portable battery generator allows us to fully power the camper while en route and anywhere we stop. When we stop to charge the truck, if required, we can simultaneously charge the Delta. This means our fridge is always powered and we can even use the AC if necessary during a charging stop. The AC will drain the Delta in a couple of hours, but the truck has enough juice to run it for days. So camping off grid has gotten a lot more comfortable and quite (no generator necessary).

Now if only we can get more pull-through charging spots and Pet Mode!
1) Turn off shutdown timer.
2) Leave truck running.
3) Turn headlights off if applicable.
4) Get out, push 7/8 9/0 on keypad.

OP
OP

Joneii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1) Turn off shutdown timer.
2) Leave truck running.
3) Turn headlights off if applicable.
4) Get out, push 7/8 9/0 on keypad.
Yeah, and tape a sign with a thermometer on it to the display saying that the truck is being maintained at the right temperature, please donā€™t break my windows to save my dog!

Our dog usually just lays down in the back and nobody knows heā€™s in there, but Iā€™m waiting for the one time he decides to pop up as the do-gooder is walking by.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah, and tape a sign with a thermometer on it to the display saying that the truck is being maintained at the right temperature, please donā€™t break my windows to save my dog!

Our dog usually just lays down in the back and nobody knows heā€™s in there, but Iā€™m waiting for the one time he decides to pop up as the do-gooder is walking by.
o_O

5) Use Sketch Pad to write a message.

OP
OP

Joneii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
o_O

5) Use Sketch Pad to write a message.
Good idea. Iā€™ll have to give it a try or Ford could just send an update with Pet Park (they can use that name since Tesla probably copyrighted Dog Mode). :)

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That haven't in 3 years of Mach-E...
Sponsored