• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tesla slashed prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

antimatterparticle

First Name
Higgs boson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y,150,4XE
I almost bought a model Y today with the intention to sell the Lightning due to the price decrease and tax credit on the Tesla. But I thought about how awful the delivery experience at the delivery was with my previous 3 Teslas.

Then I thought about how many times I had to go back to fix something that was not right(panel alignments, things not working etc). Noway I am going back on that shitwagon. That guy is a scammer and lunatic. I will not finance his crazyness. Send him to Mars already.
Sponsored

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
We need Tesla to survive, but the company is hurting itself by keeping Elon Musk involved. The pricing adjustment on the least expensive, easiest to make vehicles had to happen since Tesla has taken a major financial hit by not distancing itself from that flaming douchbag.

At this point, Musk is an albatross hanging around Tesla's neck. I owned multiple Model S' and Model X's before 2018, but I will not spend a penny of my money so long as Elon Musk is still involved in Tesla management.

You can only endorse climate change deniers for so long before it starts to bite you in the ass.
Someone a bit triggered by Musk’s libertarian spirit huh? I thought the rising sea levels were gonna swallow Miami and New Orleans 20 years ago? What happened? Rewriting the truth is convenient…

thecoloradokid

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 PORSCHE TAYCAN and '22 Ford F-150 Lightning
Someone a bit triggered by Musk’s libertarian spirit huh? I thought the rising sea levels were gonna swallow Miami and New Orleans 20 years ago? What happened? Rewriting the truth is convenient…
Awwwwwww, look at you, the perfect example of what happens when first cousins marry.

I guess you wasted $20k to buy an electric truck when you could have bought a traditional ICE truck. Thanks for helping work on trying to slow something you don't believe in.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Awwwwwww, look at you, the perfect example of what happens when first cousins marry.

I guess you wasted $20k to buy an electric truck when you could have bought a traditional ICE truck. Thanks for helping work on trying to slow something you don't believe in.
So the answer is a definite yes. Very triggered. Noted. FYI…. EV’s sell because of performance and overall lower cost of ownership. Not because you moved your emissions from your tailpipe to the local power plant. This statement of fact is coming from a guy with solar on his roof.

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I figure tomorrow we'll pull the trigger on a new Y - Performance to replace the first 3 (the second 3 went when I got the Lightning). It is just almost 5 years old and has a tick under 20K miles on it, yeah a whole 4K miles per year. Partner wants a performance though, so won't get the tax rebate - just oh so close, but a couple thousand over the limit for the Y. Would be nice if they could get that 5 seater to qualify at the $80K level like the 7 seater does.

Sponsored

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
also their profit margin on the 3/y was upwards of 30% anyway.
This is why I’m really excited for the Cybertruck to hit the market. Not that I’m particularly interested in owning one, but with Tesla producing EVs for so cheap they are going to put downward pricing pressure on the truck market once the Cybertruck and Lightning go head to head for market share.

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I figure tomorrow we'll pull the trigger on a new Y - Performance to replace the first 3 (the second 3 went when I got the Lightning). It is just almost 5 years old and has a tick under 20K miles on it, yeah a whole 4K miles per year. Partner wants a performance though, so won't get the tax rebate - just oh so close, but a couple thousand over the limit for the Y. Would be nice if they could get that 5 seater to qualify at the $80K level like the 7 seater does.
Have you considered getting a MYLR and doing the acceleration boost upgrade? Unless money is no object, in which case you're probably at the tax rebate income cap anway, the boost gets you half way to the performance 0-60 and saves you $9,500 overall after rebate.

I have a friend who bought a new Highlander Hybrid two months ago and has 2,000 miles on it and is trying to find a buyer so he can get into a MYLR. He has remorse sticking with ICE and is going to have a stroke because he regrets his purchase. He plans to do the acceleration boost, which is why I thought of the suggestion.

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
We need Tesla to survive, but the company is hurting itself by keeping Elon Musk involved. The pricing adjustment on the least expensive, easiest to make vehicles had to happen since Tesla has taken a major financial hit by not distancing itself from that flaming douchbag.

At this point, Musk is an albatross hanging around Tesla's neck. I owned multiple Model S' and Model X's before 2018, but I will not spend a penny of my money so long as Elon Musk is still involved in Tesla management.

You can only endorse climate change deniers for so long before it starts to bite you in the ass.
Maybe you just have a mental disorder then since Elon started an entire company devoted to NOT denying climate change.

And the rest of the industry had to be DRAGGED into EVs and are still very far behind. So apparently you prefer to buy EVs/cars from companies that have done their very best to drag their feet in EVs.

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Have you considered getting a MYLR and doing the acceleration boost upgrade? Unless money is no object, in which case you're probably at the tax rebate income cap anway, the boost gets you half way to the performance 0-60 and saves you $9,500 overall after rebate.

I have a friend who bought a new Highlander Hybrid two months ago and has 2,000 miles on it and is trying to find a buyer so he can get into a MYLR. He has remorse sticking with ICE and is going to have a stroke because he regrets his purchase. He plans to do the acceleration boost, which is why I thought of the suggestion.
I definitely have and you have the perfect solution that makes so much sense, but I don't get to make this decision and there is some history to the story.

In 2016 I got in line and put my money down to buy one of the first model 3's. When my name came up in May 2018 I really wanted to keep my pickup (2014 Ford Lariat) so my partner said it would be nice to have - he bought the 3 (traded his Fusion), he drives it, it was the single motor RWD. I fell in love with it over the summer to the point I was ready to then give up my pickup and drive one myself. In November my pickup was at a Ford dealership for service. It was stolen off of their lot. I bought an AWD 3 as a replacement. Well - the AWD is just a bit more fun to drive than the original RWD. My partner has been pissed for 4 years he kind of got stuck with the RWD. So over these years all I've heard is he wants a P Y. Last year he was ready to buy it, I said you need to hold off prices will get better, and they shot through the roof. So here we are - I traded my 3 for a Lightning - he didn't say a word. I see the price drop yesterday and note that if he'd just go with the AWD Y there would be really nice savings almost $20K total. I got an evil stare and was reminded it would be a Performance. So while we are DINK's - money doesn't grow on trees and we are not at the income limits, however we don't travel much, we don't spend much elsewhere and we enjoy our cars.

So I was reminded it would her a Performance pretty much come hell or high water. So I share our secret side, but you know - most couples have similar stories of sorts. I get no say in this decision and I'm just very glad prices have dropped about 10K. It does hurt to know he could still save another $9K, but it's not my decision and I don't want to live with it another 5 to 10 years.

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing

You don't have to like the Brilliant Minds to appreciate and enjoy their game changing programs. You only end up denying yourself their incredible products. Tesla is tens of thousands of people.

Sponsored

thecoloradokid

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You don't have to like the Brilliant Minds to appreciate and enjoy their game changing programs. You only end up denying yourself their incredible products. Tesla is tens of thousands of people.

I have owned four different Model S' and Model X's. I have also driven a Model 3 and a Model Y. Only the Model S has any decent driving characteristics. The other three models drive like junk.

I thoroughly enjoy both EV's I have now, so not denying myself of anything Tesla - been there, done that. Incredible products? We will have to disagree.

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
I have owned four different Model S' and Model X's. I have also driven a Model 3 and a Model Y. Only the Model S has any decent driving characteristics. The other three models drive like junk.

I thoroughly enjoy both EV's I have now, so not denying myself of anything Tesla - been there, done that. Incredible products? We will have to disagree.
None of the subpar vehicles were in your initial post, just Mr Musk. So I see even if he wasn't there you're not happy with Tesla, different reasons now so doesn't matter either way it seems.

thecoloradokid

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None of the subpar vehicles were in your initial post, just Mr Musk. So I see even if he wasn't there you're not happy with Tesla, different reasons now so doesn't matter either way it seems.

Unfortunately, it is impossible to separate Elon Musk from Tesla. If the Tesla board of directors were smart, they would move Elon Musk to the sidelines since he is currently a significant drag on the organization.

I would love to have a couple of Powerwalls for my solar array, but am patiently waiting until there is a change on organizational leadership. Once there is, I will make that investment.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.