• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F-150 5.0
Probably just pushed out and will be handled in order.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
A question about this whole process. Let's say they have the stop build for a week. Will just the missed week get rescheduled to the first available unscheduled week, and everything else currently scheduled will still go as planned, or will Ford bump everything scheduled back one week? Just curious if everyone who has a current scheduled build will expect to be delayed.
Everything stops. If your trucks build has already bee downloaded to the plant, you don't get an updated build date in the system. If it hasn't been downloaded the system will update with a new estimated build date.

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
I really hope it’s nothing major. Perhaps a HVJB etc similar to what the MachE went through?

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
The automaker is unaware of any incidents or issues associated with this potential issue in the field with customer-owned trucks.
Tell that to all the "Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power" guys here that lost their trucks for weeks.

Wonder if the third-party DC fast chargers frying vehicles made the team take a closer look at the design. Regardless, this is looking like the MME HVBJB all over again.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I really hope it’s nothing major. Perhaps a HVJB etc similar to what the MachE went through?
Those two sentences are completely contradictory. The Mach-E HVBJB issue is very major, especially if it happens to you!

Sponsored

MRButtler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning
On the plus side I can stop blaming the transport company. The downside is my truck may be sitting for much longer than I anticipated before it ever gets to me. Better that they sort this out now I guess?
Just wait until it arrives with the air dam messed up from the tie-down.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Tell that to all the "Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power" guys here that lost their trucks for weeks.
The issue could be completely unrelated to the one you are describing.

Sponsored

BarryB

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S550 Tesla X Range Rover
Which Tesla should I buy?
Hi Rod. Well I bought a used Tesla Model X with really low miles a year ago. Almost immediately I had to replace 2 tires (very common) and two months later Tesla had to replace the entire HV battery. It took about a month. The car then got a small dent in a parking lot. Another month in the shop. After that I let it sit and many months later I traded it in on the Lightning. In fairness, my son has had Tesla for 4 years. Loves it and hasn’t spent a dime on service. Guess I just had crappy luck.

jlwillia6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘14 Silverado, ‘23 Lightning Lariat ER (ordered)
Can anyone summarize or provide a link that summarizes the Mach E HVBJB issue? I know nothing about it and my searching only returns results of Mach E owners getting it resolved.

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
Can anyone summarize or provide a link that summarizes the Mach E HVBJB issue? I know nothing about it and my searching only returns results of Mach E owners getting it resolved.
High voltage contactors in the HVBJB module would overheat and weld themselves open/closed. Ford dragged their feet for months despite MME owners complaining of the issues. They finally issued a recall and ultimately a software update that took forever to roll out that monitors temperatures and will throttle power to current protect the contactors.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...e-battery-main-contactors-may-overheat.18681/

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
Hi Rod. Well I bought a used Tesla Model X with really low miles a year ago. Almost immediately I had to replace 2 tires (very common) and two months later Tesla had to replace the entire HV battery. It took about a month. The car then got a small dent in a parking lot. Another month in the shop. After that I let it sit and many months later I traded it in on the Lightning. In fairness, my son has had Tesla for 4 years. Loves it and hasn’t spent a dime on service. Guess I just had crappy luck.
I just rolled 10k miles on my truck and the only issue I have is the heated steering and some buggy android stuff. Otherwise the truck is solid. I'm sure there are people with problems and I'm sure I'll have some but I trust that these trucks are meant to provide dependable service. ( for the most part lol)

I'll have 30k miles by years end. Let's see how it goes. I hope this doesn't jinx me !
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.