• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BuildBackBadder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT500 F150
Reuters just out with an article stating that Ford is stopping shipments of 2024 Lightnings due to an unspecified quality issue. Anyone know what it is?

https://www.reuters.com/business/au...ps-shipments-2024-f-150-lightning-2024-02-23/

Ford halts shipments of new F-150 Lightning EVs

Feb 23 (Reuters) - Ford Motor (F.N), opens new tab said on Friday it had halted shipments of all 2024 model year F-150 Lightning electric pickup trucks, so it could perform quality checks for an issue it did not specify.

The No. 2 U.S. automaker said the shipment halt began on Feb. 9. It did not say when it expected to resume shipments that had begun in January of the EV truck. A spokesperson declined to say what quality issue was being checked.

Ford also said that this week it began shipping the first newly designed gas-powered 2024 model F-150 pickups to dealers. Ford said it expects "to ramp up shipments in the coming weeks as we complete thorough launch quality checks to ensure these new F-150s meet our high standards."

Automotive News reported that hundreds, if not thousands, of 2024 model gas-powered F-150 trucks had piled up in storage lots in southeast Michigan since production began in December.

Ford said in September it would start shipping the new F-150 in early 2024 and said Friday it was "on plan."

Last month, Ford said it would reduce production of its F-150 Lightning, as demand for electric vehicles (EVs) has been lower than expected.

Ford said Friday production of the EV truck was continuing. In January, the automaker said it would cut production at its Michigan Rouge Electric Vehicle Center to one shift starting April 1. In October, Ford temporarily cut one of three shifts at the EV plant.

Ford told suppliers in December it planned to produce about 1,600 F-150 Lightning EV trucks per week starting in January, roughly half of the 3,200 it previously had planned.

Ford sold 24,165 F-150 Lightning trucks last year in the U.S., up 55% from 2022, out of about 750,000 total F-150 U.S. sales.

Ford in August had said the plant that builds F-150 Lightning could hit a 150,000-vehicle annualized production rate by October. In 2022 it said it would double EV truck production.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Market closed , curious if there will be any reaction Monday?
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford stops shipment of 2024 Lightnings due to unspecified issue 1708730803809

Chado

First Name
chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, BMW, Tesla
Market closed , curious if there will be any reaction Monday?
1708730803809.png
did drop slightly in after hrs trading but seems minor compared to all the other issues Ford has had in the past

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Let's guess - Battery related? No one would really be surprised would they?

Ray R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Flash, Model Y Performance
I have a ‘24 Flash order that’s been on “quality hold” for a while now. It’s been built for at least a month.

Oafy44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ford lightning
Occupation
Landscape contractor
My guess is, The unspecified reason is demand and left over 2023 inventory levels.
That’s what I’m thinking as well. I look at my dealer website daily and they haven’t sold 1 lighting in 2 months and they have over 20.
My guess is dealers are complaining and they don’t want to be strapped with inventory they can’t move

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That’s what I’m thinking as well. I look at my dealer website daily and they haven’t sold 1 lighting in 2 months and they have over 20.
My guess is dealers are complaining and they don’t want to be strapped with inventory they can’t move
They would all be customer ordered vehicles. Only reason to hold is quality defects

Sponsored

intensifi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
What a hoser! Every model year starts this way.

Are you on the payroll of some stock shorter?

Oafy44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ford lightning
Occupation
Landscape contractor
They would all be customer ordered vehicles. Only reason to hold is quality defects
Yes but would you personally purchase your ordered 24 for msrp or close when the same truck is sitting on the lot for $18k less?
With the new aggressive rebates for the 23’s / holding 24’s -it could be plausible

OP
OP

BuildBackBadder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT500 F150
What a hoser! Every model year starts this way.

Are you on the payroll of some stock shorter?
No. I currently own 8,000 shares and I'm a long term bull. Just wondering if someone may know the reason for the stop sale. I don't think it's anything major because production is still under way.
Sponsored