• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
High voltage contactors in the HVBJB module would overheat and weld themselves open/closed. Ford dragged their feet for months despite MME owners complaining of the issues. They finally isused a recall and ultimately a software update that took forever to roll out that monitors temperatures and will throttle power to current protect the contactors.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...e-battery-main-contactors-may-overheat.18681/
No recall for the HVBJB was ever issued. The recall was to apply a software update, unnecessary for most because it came OTA. The HVBJB is replaced, under warranty, if the software indicates it is failing.

Unless an imminent failure is detected, power is not throttled at all.
Sponsored

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6, 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Seems like trucks already shipped are also affected? I wonder how that works exactly?

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Seems like trucks already shipped are also affected? I wonder how that works exactly?
If it is the same problem (unknown), those people with affected trucks were contacted by Ford directly, and parts were shipped for their repairs. Since the product stop just happened last week, it may - or may not - be the same issue.

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If it is the same problem (unknown), those people with affected trucks were contacted by Ford directly, and parts were shipped for their repairs. Since the product stop just happened last week, it may - or may not - be the same issue.
Gotcha. Though I mean those who have their truck currently shipping. They just stop the train/truck they're on and unload them I guess?

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gotcha. Though I mean those who have their truck currently shipping. They just stop the train/truck they're on and unload them I guess?
No.

Train continues to unload point, then Ford either ships them somewhere else or repairs them locally. Rarely would they ship back to the factory, but that does happen.

The people who got calls from Ford were able to be serviced at a dealer, but then it comes down to the quantity of vehicles with issues.

Of note - Ford has NOT issued any stop sale or recall. That's a good sign.

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No.

Train continues to unload point, then Ford either ships them somewhere else or repairs them locally. Rarely would they ship back to the factory, but that does happen.

The people who got calls from Ford were able to be serviced at a dealer, but then it comes down to the quantity of vehicles with issues.

Of note - Ford has NOT issued any stop sale or recall. That's a good sign.
Interesting. Mine was shipped from the factory via convoy on 2/2 so I'm guessing they're just going to drop it off at the dealer then. Good for me (hopefully 🤞), that blows for everyone else.

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
What happens to all the workers when the whole line is shut down for an extended period of time? Do they have them do other busy/cleanup work, are they idle but paid, or are they temporarily laid off?

OP
OP
Lightning64

Lightning64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
They likely will hold them at various staging yards across the country.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
What happens to all the workers when the whole line is shut down for an extended period of time? Do they have them do other busy/cleanup work, are they idle but paid, or are they temporarily laid off?
They start working on the next Gen Mustang.

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
I just rolled 10k miles on my truck and the only issue I have is the heated steering and some buggy android stuff. Otherwise the truck is solid. I'm sure there are people with problems and I'm sure I'll have some but I trust that these trucks are meant to provide dependable service. ( for the most part lol)

I'll have 30k miles by years end. Let's see how it goes. I hope this doesn't jinx me !
You'll know tomorrow 🤣. I responded to the "Any issues" thread with no problems, 100% satisfied and the next day the truck died, 35 days later got it back. I've decided not to respond anymore unless I and next to wood to knock on😁.

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
You'll know tomorrow 🤣. I responded to the "Any issues" thread with no problems, 100% satisfied and the next day the truck died, 35 days later got it back. I've decided not to respond anymore unless I and next to wood to knock on😁.
I saw your tribulation story... selfishly I was thinking you had an early build and it won't happen to me lol. No offense. I'll report back tomorrow when my truck catches fire now lol

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO
Interesting. Mine was shipped from the factory via convoy on 2/2 so I'm guessing they're just going to drop it off at the dealer then. Good for me (hopefully 🤞), that blows for everyone else.
If you're like most of us, it will be left stranded in a parking lot after the rail drops it off. It may say its going by convoy, but if you aren't near michigan its going by rail.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.