• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I'm convinced this isn't a glitch. This is EXACTLY why Ford thinks 44% of the production will be Lariat+ trucks....

Few people are going choose cloth over leather, not get Bluecruise or a moonroof to save $3000 on a $75k+ truck
Sponsored

RCR001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
U think that's Expensive? U should convert it to Canadian dollars( 30%) and add in the fact that there is No tax credit, Almost $ 90,000 for a XLT without floor mats. Guess i get my 100.00 back and put it in My Fuel efficient Powerboost !!

Last edited:

ericpullen

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lightning & 22 Mach-E
I'm totally baffled with the Platinum build (which was originally my preference). The price difference is $12,535 between it and a fully loaded Lariat and all you get are bigger wheels, different grill, and nicer seats? Am I missing something?

Sponsored

BlackPearl05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost, 2022 F150 Lightning on order
Just checked out the configurator. Seems like a big miss to me that you have to get the 312A equipment group with the ER battery. That jumps the price by 20K! I wanted a XLT ER with the 311A, but that aint happening. Definitely going to get some canceled orders without that option.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I'm totally baffled with the Platinum build (which was originally my preference). The price difference is $12,535 between it and a fully loaded Lariat and all you get are bigger wheels, different grill, and nicer seats? Am I missing something?
You get the unLeashed system.

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, Acura TLX
Occupation
Engineer
I anticipate this is going to be a problem.

Looks like pricing is causing several to reconsider their options. I know I'm one. I think demand for the Pro is going to be higher than expected and Fords manufacturing plan isn't going to align with demand.....my speculation anyway.

Ford F-150 Lightning ?‍? F-150 Lightning Build & Price Configurator Now Live! Post Your Build 2022-F-150 Lightning-Order-Bank-Opening-Playbook-1.3.22-12

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford priced a lot of people out of the market with the XLT priced the way it is. Not many people can plop down $74k for the cheapest ER truck and not many will stay with the $53k truck with a 230mi range, cloth and few options. There will be ton of canceled reservations with people jumping to Rivian and/or silverado.

It will be interesting to see what the Silverado can offer in the $50-70k range as far as battery/options.

Sponsored

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, Acura TLX
Occupation
Engineer
I sat in the vinyl during the ride along event. It was nicer than expected. With tax incentives, you can get the Pro (70 miles less range) with 9.6KW power, and Trailer package for ~ $37.5K. The Lariat ER is ~ $72.5K....again, after the incentive.

Royalist

First Name
Nabil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender 90 S
Occupation
Student (Aviation Management and Operations) / Farm Manager
Repost: Why do I feel like this is going to be a “Xbox 360 / PlayStation 3 at E3” fiasco where the Playstation was the king of kings “aka ford” and placed their pricing extremely high and then Xbox had their pricing lower unexpectedly and took the throne; hint to Chevy Silverado EV tomorrow…also ironic that the full pricing is unveiled a day before Chevy’s unveil.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
the bill is pretty much dead. Manchin killed it last month..

If anything passes it will be bare minimum, no expanded ev credits.
Not quite...Manchin is already back at the table. He's aiming to kill the child tax credit(or insert limits) and decided to go on the offensive by threatening to walk. Its a big game of chicken.

However it is likely going to take some time before Congress stops fooling around..

"The Washington Post reported that Manchin in mid-December said he would accept a $1.8 trillion package that included funding for 10 years of universal prekindergarten, an expansion of Affordable Care Act subsidies and hundreds of billions of dollars in new funding to address climate change.

But Manchin’s offer didn’t include an extension of the enhanced child tax credit, a major component of Biden’s American Rescue Plan, which expired last month"

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Correction-- $10k for the ER battery. Thats what it costs to add it on the XLT.
It actually costs $19k because you have to add the option package as well to get ER

Royalist

First Name
Nabil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender 90 S
Occupation
Student (Aviation Management and Operations) / Farm Manager
Everyone right now learning about Pricing…

Sponsored