• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Finally, Build & Price for the F-150 Lightning is live! Here's my take: A lot of these trims are very expensive, so the Pro is the best value in my opinion. I personally don't think most people will want to pay a $10,000 premium for the extended range battery, plus I'm sure the standard range battery has plenty of performance for the average person. The options I would get are the max tow package ($865), the really handy tailgate step ($430), a spray-in bed liner ($595), and some floor mats. My color of choice is Atlas Blue. The final price is $44,629.

Ford F-150 Lightning ?‍? F-150 Lightning Build & Price Configurator Now Live! Post Your Build vehicl

Ford F-150 Lightning ?‍? F-150 Lightning Build & Price Configurator Now Live! Post Your Build vehicle (1)

Ford F-150 Lightning ?‍? F-150 Lightning Build & Price Configurator Now Live! Post Your Build vehicle (2)

Ford F-150 Lightning ?‍? F-150 Lightning Build & Price Configurator Now Live! Post Your Build vehicle (3)

Ford F-150 Lightning ?‍? F-150 Lightning Build & Price Configurator Now Live! Post Your Build vehicle (4)

Ford F-150 Lightning ?‍? F-150 Lightning Build & Price Configurator Now Live! Post Your Build vehicle

Ford F-150 Lightning ?‍? F-150 Lightning Build & Price Configurator Now Live! Post Your Build vehicle (5)
Sponsored

DoomTrain

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra, Model S
I can see the Tesla trolls are out in full force ….. lmao…..

A Mach-E GT with Performance Pack getting 250 miles of range is $72k but somehow they want a Lariat Lightning to be the same price of below smh. Get a clue, a Rivian is the size of a Ridgeline, it’s not an F-150. Hilarious
The Rivian can tow 11k, how much more interior space does the f150 have? I know the bed is a foot shorter.

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Cayman T
Occupation
Attorney
Pretty simple - Lariat+ with all terrains in Atlas Blue. $79,319

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I have to imagine they will be a little more flexible and allocate more to the Pro as there's really no reason to buy an XLT at any level.
Doubtful. They have enough reservations to fulfill their current allotment levels. If they were to reallocate they would be taking a profit loss which would upset shareholders. Just will piss off a bunch of us that were excited.

I, for one, am reserving a Chevy tomorrow and will buy whichever brand's base model I can get first.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I can see the Tesla trolls are out in full force ….. lmao…..

A Mach-E GT with Performance Pack getting 250 miles of range is $72k but somehow they want a Lariat Lightning to be the same price of below smh. Get a clue, a Rivian is the size of a Ridgeline, it’s not an F-150. Hilarious
Gotta love the tesla cult.

However, if you think Elon is going to sell a 39k cybertruck or even a 69k tri-motor version(500mi range) I have some coastal real estate to sell you....

Sponsored

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, Acura TLX
Occupation
Engineer
The Rivian can tow 11k, how much more interior space does the f150 have? I know the bed is a foot shorter.
Rivian's wheelbase is 7 inches longer than the Ridgeline which puts it in between the F150 and Lightning. Considering the shorter bed and longer wheelbase, a good amount of the extra length is in the cab. Dimensionally, this actually is better for me than the Lightning as it fits better in my garage. I'm part of the crowd that doesn't pretend to need a full size truck.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Then there isn't much more to debate. Get the Rivian and be happy with it. Obviously the F-150 was never for you. You are comparing the interior of a Ridgeline to the interior of an F-150 as far as space and like you pointed out, the bed is longer in the F-150.

As far as the "I need a Bigger truck crowd comment", if you knew that already then why are you here complaining about the F-150 Lightning lmao

Sponsored

Bippers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Thunderbird 2014 Honda Accord
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
If I cannot get a Pro I will likely go with a Carbonized Grey Standard range XLT 312A since it is basically a lariat without the things I don't want (leather seats, 15" screen I like physical AC controls) I do wish it actually comes with the lightbar tailgate like the configurator says but the picture doesn't.

Final price $67,184 with max tow, and tow technology, spray in bedliner, and floor mats.

Ford F-150 Lightning ?‍? F-150 Lightning Build & Price Configurator Now Live! Post Your Build 1641312154437

If both of these configurations are gone by the time my wave comes up I will wait till 2023 and order a Pro since the tax credit will be gone.

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, Acura TLX
Occupation
Engineer
Then there isn't much more to debate. Get the Rivian and be happy with it. Obviously the F-150 was never for you. You are comparing the interior of a Ridgeline to the interior of an F-150 as far as space and like you pointed out, the bed is longer in the F-150.

As far as the "I need a Bigger truck crowd comment", if you knew that already then why are you here complaining about the F-150 Lightning lmao
I don't think anyone is complaining about the Lightning itself. Its a good truck. Now that official pricing is out as well as build plan (minimal number of Pro Models), those like me can make a value proposition based on several factors. Price is a big one. Knowing that I don't need a full size truck for hauling bikes, Home Depot runs, my family of 4, and minimal towing, its clear that I can get longer range, better interior (IMHO) and better warranty with Rivian. Is the interior of the Rivian smaller than the Lightning - yes, but its not the same size as Ridgeline.

I'm not hating the Lightning, its just not the better value for me.

EVBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Volt, 2018 GS Corvette, 22 Lightning bw 5/9
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Also may add the individual tpms, but I don't know what the customer facing camera means, anyone?
This exterior option is to add tpms monitoring on to the wheels of your trailer and have a wireless remote camera that can be installed on the trailer to see behind it (in the case of a enclosed trailer that all you can see it the front of in your rearview mirror).

Royalist

First Name
Nabil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender 90 S
Occupation
Student (Aviation Management and Operations) / Farm Manager

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I don't think anyone is complaining about the Lightning itself. Its a good truck. Now that official pricing is out as well as build plan (minimal number of Pro Models), those like me can make a value proposition based on several factors. Price is a big one. Knowing that I don't need a full size truck for hauling bikes, Home Depot runs, my family of 4, and minimal towing, its clear that I can get longer range, better interior (IMHO) and better warranty with Rivian. Is the interior of the Rivian smaller than the Lightning - yes, but its not the same size as Ridgeline.

I'm not hating the Lightning, its just not the better value for me.
Which means you should be relieved that the F-150 is priced the way it is which makes the decision easier. Anyone who has been following since the announcement already knew where prices were headed. The situation with the Pro and extended battery is nothing new. I would recommend you reserve your Rivian today before prices go up again, since I am sure many here will run to Rivian to place their Reservation today.
Sponsored