• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I don't think anyone is complaining about the Lightning itself. Its a good truck. Now that official pricing is out as well as build plan (minimal number of Pro Models), those like me can make a value proposition based on several factors. Price is a big one. Knowing that I don't need a full size truck for hauling bikes, Home Depot runs, my family of 4, and minimal towing, its clear that I can get longer range, better interior (IMHO) and better warranty with Rivian. Is the interior of the Rivian smaller than the Lightning - yes, but its not the same size as Ridgeline.

I'm not hating the Lightning, its just not the better value for me.

There is also the timing/delivery aspect...

I have much more faith that Ford is going to be able to rapidly scale up production over the next 12-24months. I have less faith that Rivian can significantly increase production.

Will people be willing to wait for a cheaper and better(financially) Rivian? We'll see.

I think Silverado is a bigger threat to Ford than Rivian....
Sponsored

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
I can see the Tesla trolls are out in full force ….. lmao…..

A Mach-E GT with Performance Pack getting 250 miles of range is $72k but somehow they want a Lariat Lightning to be the same price of below smh. Get a clue, a Rivian is the size of a Ridgeline, it’s not an F-150. Hilarious

I don't think this is some massive con or anything, but $93,064 for the Platinum is very high. It seems ford wants to fully capture any tax incentives and still be significantly higher than the hybrid models.

I priced two trucks with similar options, 1 is the Lariat Lightning and the other is Lariat with a hybrid engine, and the Lightning is $15,000 more. That's about $5,000 higher than I would have expected.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I don't think this is some massive con or anything, but $93,064 for the Platinum is very high. It seems ford wants to fully capture any tax incentives and still be significantly higher than the hybrid models.

I priced two trucks with similar options, 1 is the Lariat Lightning and the other is Lariat with a hybrid engine, and the Lightning is $15,000 more. That's about $5,000 higher than I would have expected.
Ford priced themselves out. There are much better EV trucks out there, the good news is maybe more incentives will be available in the future with so many people dropping out.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
For the rumors that the Pro wouldn't have push to start, that seems wrong.

The images for the Pro clearly shows a push start.
That rumor was always bogus. The spec sheet always listed it push button start as standard on all trims.

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, Acura TLX
Occupation
Engineer
Rivian has already given me my estimated delivery date - time will tell how accurate it will be. I made reservations for both knowing that I wanted to make a value comparison when the time came. Given my reservation # with Rivian, there is no risk of the tax incentive running out, as I'm well below the 50K number let alone the 200K number. I have yet to see a bad review on the Rivian.

There was part of me hoping Ford would come out on top, as I do like the Lightning. Just not the case for me.

Sponsored

jaykoolzboy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai Ioniq&Kona, Honda FCV
Occupation
IT Consultant
Straight Atlas Blue Lariat Premium with 0 option. Slightly under 80k , on the positive notes, power running board is actually included without the need to pay extra (most brochure or spreadsheet showed it as a $500 option)

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Pretty simple - Lariat+ with all terrains in Atlas Blue. $79,319
Same, but Rapid Red instead of Atlas Blue - great blue color, but it makes that Lightning badging disappear.

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
Looks like I was "blocked" by Ford. I tried to goto my reservation, and it wouldn't load properly... kept on refreshing on its own. Now I can't seem to access the site... sigh. Oh well...

Screenshot 2022-01-04 095837.jpg
Probably just overwhelmed with too many people checking it out. Maybe try again? Nothing really on there that you can’t learn reading these threads on here.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
I just tried it again, and no issues accessing the site now. I was hoping they would have towning mirrors and some other features, but its about weight I guess.

EDIT: I just read the information on the extended battery, it says XLT and Lariat would get ~300 miles and Platinum would get ~280. My 21 Lariat PB is looking better at the moment...

First Name
Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Convertible 2016
I did a video for mine. I hope this is value added for you. I cover:
The lower than expected destination charge, the color availability, the fact that anyone can get the Pro and the fact that Village Ford (my dealer, I am just their customer), sells at MSRP:

Sponsored

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
Anyone have any experience with " Individual Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)/Customer-Placed Trailer Camera"

-- Is this something that gets programmed into the truck's displays or.. can it be added later down the line? I don't have a trailer I want to use this on yet but I will in future. If it gets programmed into Sync somehow and can't be done later on, I'll go ahead and get it now.

JBauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
It all makes sense now:
Lariat 511A Extended - $79,964
Platinum 710A Extended - $92,569
Lariat 510A Standard - $69,964
XLT 311A Standard Range - $54,669
XLT 312A Extended Range - $74,169
Pro Standard Range - $41,669
XLT 312A Standard -$64,169
Ford F-150 Lightning ?‍? F-150 Lightning Build & Price Configurator Now Live! Post Your Build ightning-order-bank-opening-playbook-1-3-22-12-

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
Looks like I was "blocked" by Ford. I tried to goto my reservation, and it wouldn't load properly... kept on refreshing on its own. Now I can't seem to access the site... sigh. Oh well...
I'm having the same issue with regard to the constant refresh when I try to view my reservation. It briefly says that I have no reservations, then refreshes for 10 seconds and shows the same no reservations screen, then repeats endlessly.

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
Same, but Rapid Red instead of Atlas Blue - great blue color, but it makes that Lightning badging disappear.
Will you have aftermarket bed liner added? I'm thinking I might be most comfortable with Ford doing with the outlet compartment and all in the bed. Of course, it could also slow down the production if there is a global bed liner spray shortage :)
Sponsored